Onkyo TX NR515 or Denon 1713?

amilapradeep

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and HT field as well, i was going through the forum last couple of months.

Currently i am not having any receiver or speakers. 2 months back i thought to go for a home theater, i started researching. after lot of reading (mostly on this forum) finally i decided to go for Denon 1713 and wharfedale dx -1. So last night i went to few shops for demo.

There was only one shop, which having wharfedale dx-1. but they don't have denon. they have only onkyo. There is promotion going on with onkyo tx nr515. Here i need help from you guys. I will add prices with AED.

Option 1 : To buy denon 1713 seperatly - 1700AED

To buy wharfedale dx-1 seperatly - 1500AED

Option 2 : Buy onkyo tx nr 515 - 800AED (this is the promotion, normal price of this is 1700AED)

To buy wharfedale dx-1 seperatly - 1500AED

Option 3 : In another shop there is a package as this

Yamaha RXV 475 + Polk Audio TL 1600 - 2500AED

While i was reading on the forums, i started to love denon. but if tx nr 515 is good receiver, i will go for it since it save much money.
have anyone of you demoed with NR 515 with Wharfedale dx-1?

i want to get better sound quality Home theater for 70% of movies and 30% of music. not interested on so many HDMI, networking, 4K, Multiple Zone options.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

There was only one shop, which having wharfedale dx-1. but they don't have denon. they have only onkyo. There is promotion going on with onkyo tx nr515. Here i need help from you guys. I will add prices with AED.

Thanks!

at 800 AED, Onkyo 515 is a steal, by the way which store is this promotion going on? I will ask my friends to pick one of those for me as well and bring it when they come to India.

name of the store please. :)

go 4 option 2...there is not much difference btw onkyo 515 nd denon 1713..set audyssey manually on 515..it will be perform better than denon..best of luck:cool:

Thanks, Yes i heard onkyo perform better than denon. but still i am thinking because of the HDMI issue with onkyo, which most of the users are complaining. Is it solved now by latest firmware updates?

at 800 AED, Onkyo 515 is a steal, by the way which store is this promotion going on? I will ask my friends to pick one of those for me as well and bring it when they come to India.

name of the store please. :)

Hi-Fi City Electronics.
They are the agent for onkyo in UAE. you may find one of their shop at dubai mall and another shop (may be the main shop) near Deira

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back