Onkyo TX-NR828

rajuisback

Just bought a brand new Onkyo TX-NR828 amp by exchanging my older 5 year old Onkyo HT-R 580 .paid 40,000/- after exchange. Features wise and sound wise it's a very big upgrade. Can you please tell me whether it's a good deAl and do let me know what is the current price in the market.

I too own an ONKYO TX-NR828 which I purchased in Kuwait as I reside there. I went from a DENON X500 to the 828. To me also it was a big upgrade. The Cost of the 828 is still quite high in the Indian Market (a few months back some one said may be close to 80000/- not sure), so I would say you got a very good deal at IRS 40000/-. But the AVR is a great step for the cost conscious. There are obviously bigger muscle AVRs form ONKYO but they will burn a big hole in your pocket. So I would say good deal for you. Enjoy :)

can u share your shop details ..does onkyo india has exchange schemes ?thanks

Just bought a brand new Onkyo TX-NR828 amp by exchanging my older 5 year old Onkyo HT-R 580 .paid 40,000/- after exchange. Features wise and sound wise it's a very big upgrade. Can you please tell me whether it's a good deAl and do let me know what is the current price in the market.

I own the predecessor model - 818 for a good 2 yrs time...

818 & 828 are very similar except that few features in 828 were ripped off compared to 818.... But the power consumption on both the models are very identical (720W), i guess including the internals too....It has solid power for any good speaker...

Few years back when i checked the price of 818 in India, it was a staggering 95K in India.. Probably with some discounts, you may get it for a 80 - 85K.... So 828 price should be on similar lines....

The 929 sells for 100K in India...

There's a guy called Ranga Rao in Hyderabad who imports High end Amps and speakers in bulk. He has got both new and old , he also deals with exchange of our older equipment.

Hey All,
Just joined the site today and wanted to post this.

I used to own Onkyo HT series since 2005 and gave that away in 2012 as I bought another Amp TX-SR309 from UK and hooked them up with Paradigm CT100 speakers.

The whole setup is awesome and playing all fine since the time I bought it.

Now I want to upgrade my Amp again and see that there is someone in Hyd who deals in exchange.

Appreciate if we have his email and number.

take care.

Back