ONKYO TX-SR608 where to buy in Bangalore

I bought the 708 on Amazon.com for 666USD(price now is approx 625USD) and had it shipped thru Borderlinx.com. Landed cost including duty, shipping, etc was 46k.
Not yet connected it as am awaiting the Dali Ikon6 speakers I have ordered, but will update as soon as i do.
Any idea abt the price of the 708 in India?

I bought the 708 on Amazon.com for 666USD(price now is approx 625USD) and had it shipped thru Borderlinx.com. Landed cost including duty, shipping, etc was 46k.
Not yet connected it as am awaiting the Dali Ikon6 speakers I have ordered, but will update as soon as i do.

Congratulations :) and welcome to the Onkyo family :lol:

The 708 had an MRP of 80k in India - this was about a month ago. Considering that Coimbatore offers the best deals, you may be able to close the sale for 70k - not less!

as you bought the unit from US, how are you converting 120-60HZ to 220-50HZ, any pointer to voltage converter, the local ones usually don't conver 60HZ-50HZ.

Hi:

Did you order it from India?

Were all documentation with respect to duty taken care of by the seller himself?

Also how long did it take for the material to come to India?

Thanks

Regards

Ganesh

Has anoybody bought this model recently in Blore and would not mind sharing the price and shop/showroom name?

Thanks

Happened to see SR608 at Global Shopping: Buy from International Stores like Amazon, Victorias Secret, A|X, Best Buy & many more in India, delivered to your doorstep. (they shop directly from the US.. like orderlinx and 20north) for Rs27116 (including shipping, insurance and customs). Is this a good price? Anybody got experience with this seller?

EDIT: Just read thro' their shipping FAQ. I guess the catch is here: "Note also the fixed landed price (Door to Door) is up to 5 kg for Express Shipping. Additional shipping charges will be applied if the dead weight or volumetric weight exceeds 5 kg"

Last edited:
Hi,

Seems Sandeep is having a brand new Onkyo-608 for sale at 30K. Its a US model. Check it out -

http://www.hifivision.com/surround-...rand-new-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxx-box-packed-sale.html

[Edit] the post removed .... bt u can PM Sandeep :p

Hi Tanmoy,

For transformers, you can the below thread -

http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge...-110v-step-down-transformer-av-receivers.html

Most fav brand for HIFIVISION members is Maxine ..... Try to get in touch with Ashay Electronics S P Road. Don't buy anythng besides an electrical Isolation type step-down transformer :p

CHEERS

Last edited:
Hi,

Most fav brand for HIFIVISION members is Maxine ..... Try to get in touch with Ashay Electronics S P Road. Don't buy anythng besides an electrical Isolation type step-down transformer :p

CHEERS

Ashay electronics is no more there at sp rd. they hv wound up the shop there. I got it from universal transformers (1st floor adj bldg) which is working well. need to figure out a place for maxine in bangy.

Onk 608 is a wonderful product it has it own advantage compared to denon
1.upscaling
2.power ratio
3.service backup

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back