Onkyo TX-SR706

I have mutiple music sources including a HTPC, Playstation and a DVD player. The DVD player is actually a Pioneer DB based DVD recorder. Connected to 706 on HDMI.

As far as I am concerned, the quality of stereo is pretty good and comparable to midrange dedicated Stereo amps. I guess speakers also play a big role. I like the MS Mezzo 8s.

In case you are planning to buy a 706, let me once again remind you that requires lot of ventilation as it can get quite hot, though nothing to worry.

Regards

I own Onkyo HTS580 with Tannoy F1 as fronts.
I installed AC exhaust fan on top of AVR(8cm),,later found it is not so needed for single movie.
I dont know is 706 is hotter than that.I have kept AVR in wall unit with lot of free space around.Only thing that I have glass shelf on top(5 inches above)

Again for those who are interested, I recently came across one of the first magazine reviews of the Onkyo TX-SR876.

Please check at http://playback.avguide.com/issue/16.

The Playback magazine is essentially a PDF file played back using Adobe Flash. It is a bit slow as each page is displayed as an image. But indices and table of content do work. The Onkyo article starts on page 162.

Cheers

what is the power supply needed for these fans? I would like to put a couple of them in my a/v unit.

regards

Some of my friends have installed standalone PC fans that are very quite that have reduced the heat around the AVR a fair bit. They isntall this on teh back of the rack pushing the air out from the back. Very small investment but with huge payouts.

I respect Stereophile's reviews mostly. I also love how they do the 1-2 thing with the reviewer posting his impressions and the expert with the measuring equipment later on substantiates the opinions and feelings of the reviewer with actual figures, graphs and what nots. I just think it completes the mental picture of the equipment - whether it be speakers, receivers or amplifiers.

WhatHiFi is the other end of the spectrum. I dont know of any other magazine which suggests Onkyos as the receiver options for all budgets:). Low, mid or high.

price of the unit

Hi
After going through lot of forums, i have decided to buy 706.
the price in Pune is 52 thousand. Is it same in other cities as well ?.

I want use analog multichannel input from my pc sound card X-Fi titanium (currently using , in future planning xonar hdav /azunetech home therater HD) to my Bi- amp capable speaker. After going through manual i found that you cant do bi-amp if you are using multichannel input. anybody has faced this issue any workaround for this. :confused:

forum gurus please help me out.:eek:

Re: price of the unit

Hi
After going through lot of forums, i have decided to buy 706.
the price in Pune is 52 thousand. Is it same in other cities as well ?.

Thats too much, you could get it for 38K if you bargain well. This is the current price in Delhi as compaired to its MRP of 49K

Thats too much, you could get it for 38K if you bargain well. This is the current price in Delhi as compared to its MRP of 49K

the AVXellence representative told me MRP 52 thousand and will get 5% discount. but dont know he will go down with price more than that.

If anyone knows other dealer who is selling at lower prices, please let me know.

I bought mine more than 6 months back from Onkyo bangalore for 42K. You must get it lesser today

the AVXellence representative told me MRP 52 thousand and will get 5% discount. but dont know he will go down with price more than that.

If anyone knows other dealer who is selling at lower prices, please let me know.

52k is MRP & as new models have come you shld get discount upto 8 to 10% as dealors too r interested to sale there remaining pieces,even Demo pieces with warrenty are sold at lower price too.(upto15%).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back