onkyo txrz800

drkavint

Hi folks,
Iam back after 3 years, planning to upgrade my existing 7.1 onkyo txsr508 to txrz 800... got a quote of 1.1, yet to finalise, does any one has purchased it or heared a demo.. iam happy with onkyo. No complaints, friendly staffs.. they are best in offering discount, planning to add this diwali.. any suggestions. .i did like tx 747, but its optional 7.1,where u have to choose either surround back or front height.. i already have 9.1 arrangements where i have output speaker terminals for both surround back as well as front height, i just needed to activate neo for back 7.1, and prologic2z for front height. So upgrade will be easier.. sometimes i feel i can wait for next year models to give 7.2.4... in dilemma nothing final...

Hi folks,
Iam back after 3 years, planning to upgrade my existing 7.1 onkyo txsr508 to txrz 800... got a quote of 1.1, yet to finalise, does any one has purchased it or heared a demo.. iam happy with onkyo. No complaints, friendly staffs.. they are best in offering discount, planning to add this diwali.. any suggestions. .i did like tx 747, but its optional 7.1,where u have to choose either surround back or front height.. i already have 9.1 arrangements where i have output speaker terminals for both surround back as well as front height, i just needed to activate neo for back 7.1, and prologic2z for front height. So upgrade will be easier.. sometimes i feel i can wait for next year models to give 7.2.4... in dilemma nothing final...

Onkyo TX NR 747 & TX RZ 800 both are 7.2 AVR which have DTS X, which supports flexible speaker layout (based on the net) compared to Atmos which relies on 5.1.x setup.. Also all these AVR's don't have pre-outs to support expansion to 9.x channels...

You can consider Marantz 6010 /Denon X 4100 AVR's.. These are some of the popular products that support Audyssey.. Onkyo recently dropped Audyssey in favour of their of their own AcccuEQ Digital Room Correction feature...

My AVR has Audyssey XT32, which did a significant improvement for movies after calibration...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back