Only Original Audio CDs skipping on bumps while driving

abhipuru16

Hi
My head unit is a Pioneer DEH4850MPH which is 4 years old and I seldom used Original Audio CDs and always used MP3s instead due to lack of audiophilism. Recently, I bought original CDs of Bhajans. But, whenever the car goes over the slightest of bumps, the CD skips for a millisecond and then resumes. This happens at every bump on the road. This issue is not faced by me while using MP3s. Also, I got a new and genuine Pioneer lens installed in the head unit. MP3 plays just fine and I only face this problem with the original audio CDs I purchased lately. I tried cushioning the mounting area of the head unit but that did not help a bit. What to do?
Best of regards
Abhinav Sharma

Hi
My head unit is a Pioneer DEH4850MPH which is 4 years old and I seldom used Original Audio CDs and always used MP3s instead due to lack of audiophilism. Recently, I bought original CDs of Bhajans. But, whenever the car goes over the slightest of bumps, the CD skips for a millisecond and then resumes. This happens at every bump on the road. This issue is not faced by me while using MP3s. Also, I got a new and genuine Pioneer lens installed in the head unit. MP3 plays just fine and I only face this problem with the original audio CDs I purchased lately. I tried cushioning the mounting area of the head unit but that did not help a bit. What to do?
Best of regards
Abhinav Sharma

i think mp3s would be a data stream where packets are buffered hence skipping will not affect. CD audio would be a continuous operation hence it is prone to skipping.

Regards

he he he, sounds like a problem with the head unit's buffering functionality. I don't know jack about it, but it might be best to take it to a service center (or replace it).

he he he, sounds like a problem with the head unit's buffering functionality. I don't know jack about it, but it might be best to take it to a service center (or replace it).

So you are implying that cd audio is also buffered? I have a sony discman that is supposedly skip free to be used while jogging and running. it was made when solid state PMPs were not yet in the market. Let me check its specs about redbook CDs now ... :)

Cheers

But is there an anti skip mechanism for audio CDs as well? I heard that the 30 second buffer is only for MP3. I maybe wrong. MP3s play fine by the way.

Well the easier option is to burn your audio cds at 320 kpbs mp3, in medium range car audio system you will not be able to figure out the difference between that and a audio cd.

What's the cure then? Nothing?

there is always a solution to the most vexing problem -

here-

buy an S-class (long wheel base) Mercedes (these have pneumatic suspension) - install this head unit in the (wood paneled) console -

and play the audio cd -

there is the off-chance that you would have succeeded in your quest.

Keep the car stationery while listening to music. Do not press your foot on the accelerator. For better stability engage handbrakes. :eek:hyeah:

Cheers

hi gobble - spelling mistake

stationery = pencil - lubber- blade- glue- paper.

stationary = still = not moving

regds

Seriously? No other option? Can the service center guys fix this?

I had a DEH5850 for close to 5 years. Never had this problem at all. Worked like a dream until it got stolen a few weeks ago :mad:

Try burning an exact copy of the audio cd onto a blank cd and run this test again. maybe its a problem with the cds.

I had this same problem with my Kenwood system. Turns out that there is some packing that needs to be removed during installation, which was not removed. after that packing was removed, there was absolutely no problem. Maybe you can check it out.
Hope it helps.

I had this same problem with my Kenwood system. Turns out that there is some packing that needs to be removed during installation, which was not removed. after that packing was removed, there was absolutely no problem. Maybe you can check it out.
Hope it helps.

What and where is this packing found? I didn't get you at all? Mind sharing a pic?

hi gobble - spelling mistake

stationery = pencil - lubber- blade- glue- paper.

stationary = still = not moving

regds

I stand corrected. Thanks. Hope it makes sense now and the OP will listen to me. :D

@Sachin - how did your stuff get stolen?

Cheers

Lubber? Last time I saw you mate, you looked grown up. This sounds like the pronunciation my son used to make when he was 2 years old. :)

Cheers

hi venkatcr - lubber is easier on the the tongue that rubber - and i still call it lubber -

in bangalore (where i lived a good part of my growing up days) - it was the norm to ask - "ondu lubber kodi" (-give me an eraser) at a stationery shop.

regds
suri

and you will notice that gobble has not objected

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back