Opinions on Sony SS-F6000

santy.iyer

Hey guys

Lets start with I'm not even close to an audiophile; and this is my first attempt towards building a good-sounding-stereo-system after by purchase of a Onkyo HTS-3400 which sounded awful for music. I can say that I atleast know my music (mostly rock, metal, blues etc.. and some jazz) - I have mostly been listening to my music on good ear-buds Bose, Sennheiser, Creative and the good ones on walkmans, discmans, ipods and and currently on the Flac-through-my-iphone which sounds very good to my ears.

I can bet my ears have been damaged enough with the use of these "noise cancelling" buds..not sure what frequencies are getting my ear has actually cancelled now :eek:

So, I did a lotta research on Hi-FI vision (thanks to u all) and the various audiophile, stereophile forums and sites and also some local contacts in Bangalore..

The config I want is a floor standing pair, an integrated amp(mostly CA) and a good cd player (Marantz). I'll also be connecting a TT to the rig.. Speakers I shortlisted are Mission m34i or CA S30 with an active sub (some don't recommend a sub for stereo, but I have my doubts).

Anyways - I saw on ebay the Sony SS-F6000 4 Way floor standing speakers for ~15k (imported shipped to India) and the reviews are very mixed. I'm not or rather can't expect spectacular performance coz my budget is small

Please let me know your views on the Sony SS-F6000 and if it'll be a good enough buy for a moderate home stereo system.

Cheers!
Santosh

You would get very good bookshelf speakers for 15K. Doesn't make sense to import a $120 floorstander for 15K. Try auditioning few bookshelves in this range and decide.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back