Oppo dvp 980H-online shipping to India

Customs and taxes are imposed by the Govt (National and state). So any new product coming into the country is subject to these by default. However, enforcing is another option. I have been lucky and not so. But I am not a kind that complains much esp. knowing I am bringing in a new item. Have to respect the laws of the land somehow!

Hi Guys,

I stumbled upon this online shop which ships OPPO 980H to India for 180 USD including shipping.Have any one of u shipped from this site? I think for 9k this player is worth the shipping.can i go ahead and order? WILL IT INVOLVE ANY CUSTOM DUTIES? your suggestions please.

HKFlix.com: Region-Free Hardware! Oppo Digital DV-980H/DV980H

cheers,
sridhar c

Hi Guys,

I stumbled upon this online shop which ships OPPO 980H to India for 180 USD including shipping.Have any one of u shipped from this site? I think for 9k this player is worth the shipping.can i go ahead and order? WILL IT INVOLVE ANY CUSTOM DUTIES? your suggestions please.

cheers,
sridhar c

Now this page says Voltage 110, but don't these Oppos work the entire range from 110 to 220?

Hi Guys,

cheers,
sridhar c

if i am not wrong, custom duty is 16% on these kind of items. adding customs of 1600 INR, total should be around 11k. i suppose this is less than market price of above item. 9K with shipping, i think i should look at this option seriously. Any 1 bought from this site?

if i am not wrong, custom duty is 16% on these kind of items. adding customs of 1600 INR, total should be around 11k. i suppose this is less than market price of above item. 9K with shipping, i think i should look at this option seriously. Any 1 bought from this site?

Now which one is better? The 980H or 981HD?

Customs duty, going by this post, it should be around 3300/- or so? Plus is customs going to be all nice? What if your package gets "lost?"

Last edited:

The 980 and 981 are very close to each other in terms of video processing. It is in music reproduction that the 980 has a slight edge because of its special audio circuitry.

The 981 uses DCDI by Fardoudja whereas the 980 uses a Mediatek engine. That is where the 981 may have a slight edge over the 980 in video processing.

The 981 does NOT have a component output.

So if you are looking for video performance the 981 may be better. if you looking at audio performance, the 980 will be better.

Cheers

As Venkat has said 980 has better support for audio over the 981 which favours video output. However none of this will matter if your other components are not upto par. Your system is as good as the lowest performing component in the chain.

As Venkat has said 980 has better support for audio over the 981 which favours video output. However none of this will matter if your other components are not upto par. Your system is as good as the lowest performing component in the chain.

Exactly the reason I want to dump my Philips DVD player. While it does 720p and 1080i, which is more than enough for my PJ (Optoma HD65, 720p), I am sure the Oppo is much better than this one. But how much better? I am sure some users who have actually compared them can second this?

I received email like this,how to dal further?

Yes, we ship to India. I will have our warehouse email you EMS and FEDEX
quotes. EMS is normally cheaper, and our preferred way to ship. Please note
that any taxes imposed by your local government are not included in the
shipping price you will receive and we have no way of knowing how much these
will be.

If you have any questions or would like to place an order, please let me
know.

Best regards,
George

> Customer Status: NEW CUSTOMER
> Name: spirovious
> Company:
> Website:
> Address: mumbai
> City: mumbai
> Country: INDIA
> Phone:
> Fax:

He has given me two options.I will ask if concession is offered in bulk purchase.We will order it.

SRI,
I was reading through this post and nobody was mentioning how much it would cost hence I had to ask that question again suspense was killing me

Spirovious we need to see whether getting it from that site is cheaper or getting it locally here is cheaper then need to decide. Thanks a lot for checking with them regarding international shipping do let us know as soon as you get the quote; if there are enough people in the loop we can go for bulk order and can even bargain for a better price.

According to the HKFlix customer support EMS costs around USD 75 to ship to Trivandrum (which is where I live) and FedEx costs around USD 70. I hope this will give you a ball park figure for the city you live in.

I have been hesitating to order this just because I am yet to receive a response when I asked them what options I have if the item is defective upon arrival. Returning this and paying for shipping to and fro again would not make sense. I guess they don't have an answer, but this is a real problem to consider before deciding to buy online. There is a good chance that things will be fine, but worst case, you have to be prepared to lose USD 168+75. Plus customs of course!

-mb.

That would be Rs.12138 for the player which is not that bad but as Mambo said if it is a defective piece then like any other online shops return shipping charges would be from the customer.

But 980 for 12k was nice we could have gone for it if it wasn't for this how about ordering from Oppo store itself or Amazon lemme check that and tell you

Btw 981 which is a costlier player when compared to 980 is available in India at around 18-19k inclu tax

Now I need to know from the people who owns Oppo whether CD Audio in 980 & 981 differs that much or is it not as much as it is made out to be.

Oppo Shop charges around $240 for shipping to India ie including HDMI cable and 1yr warranty.

Amazon US does not ship to India :(

30% - I think Mr. Chidambaram reduced the additional 4% when he was delirious with election fever :D

Cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back