Oppo launches $279 BD80 blu-ray player

I ordered this kit one month back, till now no news about delivery.

Regards

Check in the site under my orders if it has been shipped and if there is such a delay, contact their support. It reached me in two weeks from payment and one week from shipped date. As you are protected by Paypal, it would be better to send a formal communication to support.

Check in the site under my orders if it has been shipped and if there is such a delay, contact their support. It reached me in two weeks from payment and one week from shipped date. As you are protected by Paypal, it would be better to send a formal communication to support.

I found the charge credited back to my card. And they are not responding to my questions. Now I wonder whats with their unresponsiveness...

Regards

quick question.. i am confused between bd 80 and bd 83. The major difference is in using DVDs where in the BD83 has the anchor bay chip which upscales better.

If I plan to use BD80 through denon 1910, which also has an anchor bay chip for upscaling.. does it make up for it? or bd83 still a better choice? please help!

quick question.. i am confused between bd 80 and bd 83. The major difference is in using DVDs where in the BD83 has the anchor bay chip which upscales better.

If I plan to use BD80 through denon 1910, which also has an anchor bay chip for upscaling.. does it make up for it? or bd83 still a better choice? please help!

There are 3 potential comparisons you can make.

1. Between BDP 83 and 80 (diff chips)
2. Between BPDP 83 and Denon (same chips)
3. Between BDP 80 and Denon (diff chips)

In all the 3 cases the answer is "it depends" on the source material, and your TV and settings for the most part.

Yes on paper there is a difference between the Anchor Bay and Mediatek chips but this will not be discernable except with very large screens and close viewing distance. Further if your AVR has scalers such as the 1910 then using the 80 in pure direct mode with the AVR in turn upscaling is also a very good options and comparable to 83.

Most people think they want the best VFM and its a fair assumption and requirement but in cases where the quality is pretty close such as these 2 models its very hard to tell.

If I were a buyer I would consider the 80 very well and only if thoroughly convinced that it did not meet the needs would move to 83.

I had also mentioned in an earlier post that the 83 was priced too high despite support for SACD and DVD-A whose adoption rates are very low. I think Oppo really came up with the cheaper option as they would have lost a siginificant opportunity to increase their market share otherwise.

so lets say if I were to choose with bd 80 connected through 1910 upscaling it to 1080p.. will the dvd performance stay the same compared to bd83.. any difference whatsoever in watching BDs?

2. Between BPDP 83 and Denon (same chips)

Actually marsillians, bdp83 and Denon 1910(ABT 1010) use different chips from the same manufacturer Anchor Bay. The Denon 2310 and Oppo bdp83 use the same version of Anchor Bay chips(ABT 2010), so the upscaling quality is different if the .

The rest of the points from marsillans are spot on. The upscaling benefits on smaller screens <40" are hardly visible. For Blu rays there is no difference.

The 83 does have a better stereo handling as compared to 80 so does play music better.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back