Oppo launches $279 BD80 blu-ray player

In my opinion, there is too much overhype on 3D. It does add a lot of novelty but I am sure it will wear off very quickly. And those glasses are too tiring for the eyes. While watching Avatar, I used to take them off from time to time.

3D aside sharp has launched an LCD with 4 pixels that does wonders to colour depth, smoothness and brightness. You may want to go that one in the coming year.

Cheers

Got my region free kit from bluraychip.dk. Within 6 days of shipping (free), well packed. Will await my player to give technical feedback after installation.

Last edited:
Got my region free kit from bluraychip.dk. Within 6 days of shipping (free), well packed. Will await my player to give technical feedback after installation.
Hey Congrats, will wait for your installation and review updates ;-)
BTW,the price now showing for it is 69$ at the bluraychip.dk site..

The main advantage of OppoBD83 is that it is the Best DVD upscaler for the price. If u r considering a Bluray only, then the BD80 & 83 are same.

If u are using a Projector setup and dont want to throw away ur DVDs get the BD83.

Once u have watched Blurays on it u wouldnt want to watch DVDs without cribbing and BD83 is the Best Upscaler.

giddavr

I would suggest you to create a paypal account as paypal helps to protect your purchase for 30 days. Its a short process and you can add your visa/mastercard or even bank account to paypal. Frankly, I feel its a bit safer than credit cards esp. when you are doing free shipping.

You could also try the one that ashishkesarwani used which is jvb digital (JVB Digital, Codefree Oppo BDP-83 DVD modification kit) But then they are expensive.

I would suggest you to create a paypal account as paypal helps to protect your purchase for 30 days. Its a short process and you can add your visa/mastercard or even bank account to paypal. Frankly, I feel its a bit safer than credit cards esp. when you are doing free shipping.

You could also try the one that ashishkesarwani used which is jvb digital (JVB Digital, Codefree Oppo BDP-83 DVD modification kit) But then they are expensive.

Thanks I ordered without signing in.

Regards

They charge the person hosting the service in this case the mod kit provider. Something like when you pay thru credit card in most establishments they take a charge from the merchant for providing the service.

Ordered the Oppo BD-80, now keeping the fingers crossed to land it here safely ;). will order the mod kit later but I may not need it as I already have a PS3 for region C and this will be for region A. And most of my BD's are region free as of now anyway.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back