Oppo launches $279 BD80 blu-ray player

Ordered the Oppo BD-80, now keeping the fingers crossed to land it here safely ;). will order the mod kit later but I may not need it as I already have a PS3 for region C and this will be for region A. And most of my BD's are region free as of now anyway.

Congratulations

Ordered the Oppo BD-80, now keeping the fingers crossed to land it here safely ;). will order the mod kit later but I may not need it as I already have a PS3 for region C and this will be for region A. And most of my BD's are region free as of now anyway.

so thye do ship to India ... good to know :)

How much is delivery charge? Final price is USD?

Cheers

Thanks guys. Well I;m shipping it to a friend who is in US. So delivery is free ;). Only worry is the customs. Keeping the fingers crossed. Amazon doesn't ship electronics to India it seems. Price is 289.99$, waited to see if there will be any difference for a month but the price was constant at 289.99$..

I too am in the same boat will get my BDP-83 next week, so will know if there are any issues from customs. I hope not, but you never know.

Hi All,
I have decided to go for BD 83 through one of my cousin in US ..one doubt which I have got is, What about the warranty part? Do it carry an international warranty?If some complaint happens,will they service it here in India or do I have to send it back?Are there any official service centres here?

Thanks in advance.

RENJITH,

Hi All,
I have decided to go for BD 83 through one of my cousin in US ..one doubt which I have got is, What about the warranty part? Do it carry an international warranty?If some complaint happens,will they service it here in India or do I have to send it back?Are there any official service centres here?

Thanks in advance.

RENJITH,

You ship it back to USA at your cost. No local support AFAIK.

HTH

Global eBay is offering multiregion and code free Oppo BDP 80 at around 27k which includes region free modification charge and shipping cost. How authentic these are? These offers sounds good to a guy like me who will never be enough courageous to open a brand new player to have the region free mod kit fit into it. Any suggestion friends....??

Global eBay is offering multiregion and code free Oppo BDP 80 at around 27k which includes region free modification charge and shipping cost. How authentic these are? These offers sounds good to a guy like me who will never be enough courageous to open a brand new player to have the region free mod kit fit into it. Any suggestion friends....??

If you buy direct from oppo, and the regionmod company, you still save easily 6K. why pay 6K upfront for NO local service?.

Worth the risk totally buying direct.

Cheers

Unauthorised seller!

Ebay was giving(Bid) modded BD83 for 28k with free shipping in US.
Landing here was costing 40k around.

I would suggest dont go for these offers. The mod process is simple as I did it only last week. The kit costs 3000 Rs. landed in India, no customs, free shipping.

The player from Amazon gets anyway free shipping to the US, so will be available at now 500 USD @ 45 RS to USD so around 22500. Why go the ebay route when the original sellers will get you at a cheaper price?

Last edited:
Its not illegal to modify the hardware, it only nullifies the warranty. As suggested earlier, it might be easier to just get the player via borderlinks or 20north and mod it yourself.

and mod it yourself.

I have concern only on this part Sud. How much easy this is ?? Dont judge me on the basis of your capibility and I am not very confident to do a DYI on a newly bought machine.But still can try this if you can tell us more on how easy this task is. Nowadays I can see everywhere like ebay,amazon or
20 north, oppo modified players are being sold and the price is on an average 26k to 28k India landed.

Hi Sanju,

Its an easy job. However, to be frank its a nerve wracking experience although all it takes is removing the cover and pulling out the cable and putting a new one. If the premium is small and you are still worried, then take a pre-modified piece.

The link has the installation guide with pictures for your reference.
bluraychip.dk - Oppo BDP-83 multiregion DIY kit

Got my Oppo today which was carried by my friend. First impression was like wow, this thing is quite heavier than expected. Anyway connected the Oppo and hit a wall with the no HD audio problem . But now it's working fine and I'm enjoying Terminator 2 in it's full glory. I'll post a review soon. Also let me know what settings are the best bet to get the best picture quality.

Hi Sanju,

Its an easy job. However, to be frank its a nerve wracking experience although all it takes is removing the cover and pulling out the cable and putting a new one. If the premium is small and you are still worried, then take a pre-modified piece.

The link has the installation guide with pictures for your reference.
bluraychip.dk - Oppo BDP-83 multiregion DIY kit

I ordered this kit one month back, till now no news about delivery.

Regards

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back