Oppo launches $279 BD80 blu-ray player

they both use mediatek chipsets, and they both use a contract manufacturer called Winbase. In terms of video i would imagine that the CA and the BD80 should perform similarly. The CA might have some advantages in audio (might, i have no clue).

Thanks psychotropic,
you have done lot study...

For audio CA uses CS chips(ciruss) & even oppo may have same(like DV980 had CS)

I am planning to buy OPPO BDP-80 Blu-ray Disc Player with SACD & DVD-Audio. I would like to know whether it will work in india or not.
please reply ASAP

<will it play any CD/DVD and blu ray? please let me know as i am in USA and planning to buy this.>

It will play any dvd/bd only if you apply the mod kit for region free. Else it will play BD and DVD of US regions. Search the forum for the different mod kits available and used by ppl.

You wont need a voltage convertor as spirovious has indicated.

It it reglock for Bluray & you need mod kit.
CD no problem.
DVD will work regfree once you put the mod.

Thanks for reply
what would be the cost of that? please let me know or any other blu ray which will work in india and play any DVD/CD/DVIX and bluray which will not require any modification etc. .

Yes it does play all regions of BD and DVD post mod. Mod kits are also available for the Panasonic, However, they require soldering of a chip unlike the Oppo which is a cable insert.

No, it wont. There could be future firmware upgrades but from the beta testers it appears unlikely. For 3D, your best bet will be mainstay BD players, LG appears to be one of the first to have launched and at a not-too expensive price. PS3 is rumoured to have it in the offings and it probably makes a lot more sense for games like Gran Torino to have 3D.

For 3D HDMI 1.4 may be required & BD80 may not support with FW upgrade perhaps.
CA BD650 also can be modded.

In my opinion, there is too much overhype on 3D. It does add a lot of novelty but I am sure it will wear off very quickly. And those glasses are too tiring for the eyes. While watching Avatar, I used to take them off from time to time.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back