OPPO no more

Got my Oppo UDP six months back.. not sure if this would turn into a collectible or liability... fingers crossed. Should I reach out and hoard some spares?

As per details shared on website, it seems support to continue post June 2018 till warranty end period for customers......

As advised, I would obtain an email confirmation on the same despite FAQs being there available. This will help to get appropriate support from Oppo Digital India, should they decide to stop support or service in light of the announcement.

Hi. oppodigital.in still shows stock and I contacted someone (I got the number from oppo digital Google listing so don't know how accurate that is) and he said they will be making stock till 1st or 2nd month of 2019. No new products though. So should I place an order on oppodigital.in? I cannot contact them through the site. The contact us page gives me email delivery failed. I would really appreciate if they had a contact information on the site or if someone here has it I would love to have that information as well. Thank you.

Is the smartphone company oppo the same as this ? The logo looks similar.

Yes same company which makes smartphones, high end headphones and those famed Blu Ray and DVD players

Not sure is it part of some group

But the headphones and player has their base in USA if I am not wrong, even though manufacturing should be in china

I dont think spares will be much of a challenge to get till 2019.....worse case scenario....we may need to import the same (ali express etc ) and depending on demand, it will have its fair share of pricing...

If the player is used the way it is to be used, i dont see any challenge coming to it anytime soon for repairs!

Hi. oppodigital.in still shows stock and I contacted someone (I got the number from oppo digital Google listing so don't know how accurate that is) and he said they will be making stock till 1st or 2nd month of 2019. No new products though. So should I place an order on oppodigital.in? I cannot contact them through the site. The contact us page gives me email delivery failed. I would really appreciate if they had a contact information on the site or if someone here has it I would love to have that information as well. Thank you.
I bought the oppo sonica speaker from the site. Dont know if the contacts from then are still valid.

Thats what listed on the website and so better to engage with them for required support or direction!

That oppo is different. The oppo phones and the oppo digital are two different companies

Sad to hear this. I own the BDP 83 as well as the Sonica speaker. Really sad to know about my favourite audio company :(
How old is your BDP-83 ? I recently changed the laser pick-up of my four years old BDP-83. Got the lens from eBay USA.

Saw Oppo 205 at Hifimart in stock. Is there lot of demand for Oppo 205?

It is a mixed market with Sony / Panasonic competing with budget 4k players and even high end models too.....end of the day it boils down to individual preferences around budget, features, brand consciousness, etc.

Overall see a reduction in standalone player usage as most content is online streamed through smart TVs or Android boxes etc.

True, but I still think the audio quality of Netflix or other streaming service is way below using a Dts/Dolby-HD MA disc.
I understand that it will be difficult to provide master audio due to bandwidth limitations for streaming companies and most of the
people may not care too much.

I have a BDP-2013 and was wanting to upgrade to the UDP. Unfortunate they have closed. I was thinking of moving to the Panasonic UB-9000. Has anyone tried this player. The only downside is it does not have SACD and DVD-Audio playback support.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back