Oppo

Hi guys,

I apologies for not giving my impressions on the Oppo for its audio and video qualities. It has got delayed cause i am expecting murali to come home with his Norge amp and Pioneer DVDP. He has better ears than me for music and can give a more discerning views on the SQ. He wants to know how his Norge amp will sound with the 9.2s. So we will be having a Marantz CDP, Oppo 980H,Pioneer DVDP,a Philips DVDP,Marantz amp and a Norge amp. Of course my 9.2s too. We have fixed this week end for this. Once this happens we will put our brief impressions on the forum.

Thank you,
sri

Got my Oppo 980H

Hi all,
Finally got my hands on my Oppo 980H yesterday. My brother bought it in US and my parents brought it to India for me.
The PQ is just stunning while playing DVD at 720p in my Panny PV8.
Actually I could'nt believe my eyes that I am watching a regular DVD and not a BD.
The improvement in PQ from my current Onida DVD player (connected with component cables to the TV) to Oppo via HDMI is simply dramatic!
Its worth it even if you have to spend 16K or so to import directly in India.
5 out of 5 stars for Oppo!

Hi Guys

With the new Oppo Blu Ray DVD player BDP available in the US does anybody know how to make the player region free as it presently available to play disc of US region only as I intend to purchase the same.

Regards

Arvind

Hi Guys

With the new Oppo Blu Ray DVD player BDP available in the US does anybody know how to make the player region free as it presently available to play disc of US region only as I intend to purchase the same.

Regards

Arvind

I have bought the same player from US and installed a Hard Mod kit to make it multi region for both DVD and Blu Ray Playback. Please go through this thread wherein its discussed in detail.
http://www.hifivision.com/dvd-playe...ssions-reviews-oppo-bdp83-blu-ray-player.html

I thought the issue was that these software mods will get wiped out with firmware upgrades which are essential because of the fact that the something to do with how Blu-ray discs are encoded keeps changing, and this is the reason why hard mods are needed? Is this still the case?

Will Oppo be an exception?

Oppo may be sued if they provide facilities for breaking the Media industry encryption. I doubt it.

Regards

they did happily ignore the region hacks on their DVD players, so I was just wondering if there was a possibility of them doing some kind of similar ignoring/co-operation.

Oppo may be sued if they provide facilities for breaking the Media industry encryption. I doubt it.

Regards

Dear Srikar,

Just got a Samsung BDP 1600 would you like to do a comparative test with the OPPO at your place . Thanks

Hi,

You are welcome.If you can put up with my small room i have no probs:) I am on OMR 4kms from madhya kailash, adyar,

cheers,
sri

Hi,

You are welcome.If you can put up with my small room i have no probs:) I am on OMR 4kms from madhya kailash, adyar,

cheers,
sri

Hi,

Would be glad to come over anytime.. pls tell me when you are combining with Mr. Murali' s test.

Thanks.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back