Optimum way To Setup My lsr 305 in my cornered desk? Need Help!!!

stallion316

Hi, just got a pair of lsr 305 monitors a week back and have set them up in my bed room, Now the problem is that my desk is placed in the corner which is covered by 3 sides.. here is the pic - https://ibb.co/c6HsKJ

I don’t know why, but my monitors are sounding muddy and basy and lacking clarity in some songs. I am not an audiophile nor I produce music, I am complete novice in this subject, but I really enjoy listening to clean and clear music, that’s y I got them..

I know for the fact that the the monitors in my desk are not placed properly.. What can I do to improve listening quality from these amazing speakers? I somehow need to remove the boom bass effect..

I have purchased the following item isolator Sponge Foam Pads, Waiting for their arrival. Any other tips would be gr8full..

I wont be able to move my desk as it attached to the walls..

I have also set the lf trim to -2b..

Any other help would be really gr8full

Thanks
Regards…

Talk about a tight spot.;). Try the isolaters foam pads. But I doubt it would do any significant improvement. These speakers are rear ported so a lot of energy is getting bounced off the back and side walls. You may want to add some kind of an sound absorber on the back walls. This thread might give you an idea https://www.hifivision.com/threads/diy-acoustic-panels.71048/
Try putting pillows or thick blankets on the back wall to get a feel of how the sound changes.
After that you might want to look at getting something like the Isoacoustics sound isolating stands which should put the speakers right at you ear level. I have used them and they are fantastic.

Thans a lot tuff for your valuable reply, ill look into Isoacoustics sound isolating stands, these are expensive, just want to try them out before getting them,

More importantly, you want to fix the back wall and side wall reflections.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back