Optoma HD20 Stops responding

If I remember correctly there used to be a "Higher Altitude" setting in projectors which made fan run continuously. Please check for something similar in your PJ.

hi guys (vyerth/naren),

what happened to your issues? hoping that its solved in an economical way!...can you let us know what went wrong and hw it got fixd?

rg,
sara

NO response from DIGICOMP. They have ordered the part - ( Lamp DRIVER ) from Bangalore (am in Mumbai) so would only know when it all arrives, till now it is all lying at the service center.

There is bad news for my projector...THe Driver was installed by DIGICOMP Mumbai but the projector is still not working properly. Therefore, it needs to be sent to Bangalore...seems like a bad buy.

@ vyerth. I am really sorry for the way things have gone with your projector. I know that It must be really frustrating for you. hope that your pj gets well soon and with less money to shell.

Guys I am relly worried after reading all this as I have also ordered for a manufacture refurbished optoma hd20 from a retailer in canada. it has reached US and will be shipped to me soon. Hope it works for me coz Indial landed price will be around Rs. 45k and if anything goes wronggg......I will be in the midst of nowhere.

fingers crossed:-(

Naren,

I think if you take your projector to the service center they should be able to set it right, there could be some small issue which needs to be fixed unless it got damaged in transit or was not bought from a reliable source, etc.

If you need any sort of assistance from me then do let me know.

V.

Hi Buddy,

I got my Optoma HD20 from US yesterday and after 5 minutes of usage it has started giving same issue. The Red bulb light gets on and the projector gets shut.

Naren

If the retailer is of repute and there is no transit damage issue, then a success beam of projector would be in your favor.

If still something goes wrong then you are running out of luck.

V.

I am relly worried after reading all this as I have also ordered for a manufacture refurbished optoma hd20 from a retailer in canada. it has reached US and will be shipped to me soon. Hope it works for me coz Indial landed price will be around Rs. 45k and if anything goes wronggg......I will be in the midst of nowhere.

fingers crossed:-(

It was a good buy be assured on this, therefore surely not a bad buy, it is just that it turned out to be a freak bad case, eventually you will enjoy the power of projector once issue is sorted out, my best wishes.

V.

There is bad news for my projector...THe Driver was installed by DIGICOMP Mumbai but the projector is still not working properly. Therefore, it needs to be sent to Bangalore...seems like a bad buy.

HI,
Got my projector back in working condition and watched a full movie 'MicMacs' with great sound via my macbook. Thanks all of you for your support.

Service Center told it was the photo sensor which was the culprit. So all is well for now.

@ Dennymushtang, Have faith. In past have bought refurbished MAC from NY and it worked really well along with the same warranty as one would get a new one. Just be good with your equipment. Hope your retailer will be good with after sales.

When I bought my projector, I had to take the risk of getting no After sales, Although BHPhotovideo had promised small little things would be taken care of. But they passed me on to Optoma when it came to asking for servicing in India. Dealing with Optoma shouldn't be a hassle if anything goes wrong. The service centers are set all over India and they should respect the warranty, even if its not valid in India. A lot of talking is required if need be.

Thanks everybody.

How much did you spend for the repair? Didnt the BHP honor the promised warranty?

HI,
Got my projector back in working condition and watched a full movie 'MicMacs' with great sound via my macbook. Thanks all of you for your support.

Service Center told it was the photo sensor which was the culprit. So all is well for now.

@ Dennymushtang, Have faith. In past have bought refurbished MAC from NY and it worked really well along with the same warranty as one would get a new one. Just be good with your equipment. Hope your retailer will be good with after sales.

When I bought my projector, I had to take the risk of getting no After sales, Although BHPhotovideo had promised small little things would be taken care of. But they passed me on to Optoma when it came to asking for servicing in India. Dealing with Optoma shouldn't be a hassle if anything goes wrong. The service centers are set all over India and they should respect the warranty, even if its not valid in India. A lot of talking is required if need be.

Thanks everybody.

Hello,
I didnt really ask what the part number was.

BHP, after speaking to OPTOMA USA, passed me on to OPTOMA which I thought wasn't a good way of dealing with after sales.

I somehow managed to get my projector repaired under warranty.

still you could get it done without charges right? this means if i buy one optoma from us and it didnt work we can get it repaired here. i am not sure if that is possible with other brands,

so thinking about getting a hd33 from states

Ontherocks.... completely missed your point, my bad, it was all in the excitment.
I don't have the service paper with me, so not sure what reference no. i can give to ask the part number or diagnostics. i heard them discussing some Rs. 3000/-.

Borg, I guess, i was lucky on that front. It is not a norm but I had no choice but to try. Worked this time.
Cheers!

Ontherocks.... completely missed your point, my bad, it was all in the excitment.
I don't have the service paper with me, so not sure what reference no. i can give to ask the part number or diagnostics. i heard them discussing some Rs. 3000/-.

Borg, I guess, i was lucky on that front. It is not a norm but I had no choice but to try. Worked this time.
Cheers!

Vyeth.... Does it mean that DIGICOMP is the official service centre in India for Optoma PJs? Even if they are not, will they accept Optoma projectors for servicing ? (as they have done in your case).

Just found the following: Digicomp is the sole service provider for India. Details are :
Digicomp Complete Solutions Ltd.
Delhi
Digicomp Complete Solutions LTD
#401, 4TH FLOOR, EROS APARTMENT,BUILDING NO-56, NEHRU PLACE, NEW DELHI-110019
Kolkata
DIGICOMP COMPLETE SOLUTIONS LTD
49 B, C. R. AVENUE, KOLKATA- 700012.
Mumbai
Shivai Industrial Estate, Unit no 14, Gnd Floor, Behind Signature Hotel, Andheri-Kurla Road, Andheri (E) Mumbai-400 059
Mumbai
Tinwala Building, 3rd floor, Room no.28,Tribhuvan Road, Near Dream Land Cinema, Grant Road(E) Mumbai 400004
Cochin
DIGICOMP COMPLETE SOLUTIONS LTD
DOOR No.CC 39/4209-B MANIKKIRI, M.G.LINK ROAD, ERNAKULAM, COCHIN-682016
Chennai
Digicomp Complete solutons LTD
No4,Ceebros centre, No. 45, Montieth Road, #rd Floor, Adjecent to Hotel Ambassador pallava Egmore, Chennai-600008
Hyderabad
Digicomp Complete Solutions Limited
Mayfair Building, Shop no: 4
1-8-303/34/1
S.P Road, secunderabad-500003
Phone no:040-66328285
BANGALORE
#53/58,Sri Chakravarthi Complex Sajjan Rao Circle,V.V. Puram Bangalore-560004
National Toll Free: 1800-4258377
TEL?+91-80-26743665 (10 Lines)
MP?+91-9739007166
FAX?+91-80-26758290
http://www.digicompindia.com
Contact?Mr. Ajit Das
[email protected]

Hope this is helpful for someone.
Cheers.

Last edited:
You don't need any papers. Just ask them if they could "reveal" the part number of whatever item they replaced. No need to mention even "photo sensor". Lets see what they say. If they ask why, tell them that you just want to know for information sake.

I dont know what is the problem with these optoma projectors. so many ppl having trouble, including me.......I recently bought an optoma hd 20 from US.you can refer to my earlier posts. The projector is in good condition and the lamp has done zero hours(i could check this once when the projector ran for few good minutes after which i switched off the PJ). There is a strange problem with the projector. some times the projector works fine(maximum i could check was only few minutes after which i turned it off), but most of the times after it has been switched on, it switches off all by itself after initial optoma logo flash and sometimes after searching the signal. the green 'ON' light goes off and turns Amber with no other indications and then if u try to switch it on the bulb does not come on. even if u power off and then switch it on...i does not come on.Then after a wait of say 30 minutes..when the PJ is switched on, its fan runs, optoma signal comes, searches for signals and then again abruptly the bulb goes off, no fan noise is heard...then u try to restart it wont come...what could be the problem?? could this be due to a loose bulb in the transit?? will re-fixing the bulb help????

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back