Opus Mini Loudspeaker

smnjn

After success of Rediscovery Tower I have designed a mini monitor that digs deep. The 2-way loudspeaker named OPUS MINI uses Seas ER18RNX midwoofer and Scanspeak Discovery HDS tweeter. Find the details in PDF file enclosed:

Regards,

SUMAN JANA
[email protected]

Last edited:
Too bad, just bought Accoustic Potrait bookshelves which have vifa drivers. How much does it cost to make these BTW?

the drivers - $ 80 each = $320 for four (two mid-woofers and two tweeters)

crossover (by suman jana) probably $150 -$180 for two

cabinets - ? Rs. 5000 - 8000 for the pair

veneering - Rs. 1200 - 1500 for the pair.

in toto = around 40,000 INR for the pair

oops - shipping $ 144 by fedex

so total = 48,000 INR

Too bad, just bought Accoustic Potrait bookshelves which have vifa drivers. How much does it cost to make these BTW?

That was a bolt out of the blue, Captain - even when we spoke. I never knew you were looking around for speakers :).

Congratulations and I would be eager to listen to them whenever you get a chance.

Suman - your speaker builds sound economical. If I did not already have speakers which satisfied me, I would have tried out one of your kits.

People - nobody here wants to try one of these kits?! :)

Suman, nice to see you come up with new speaker builds!
I do hope forum members scouting for new speakers give these a try ( instead of hesitating to try a product just because it doesnt have an international brand name, if thats the case)
Anybody in Kolkata to go listen to these and tell us about it?

This is not available as kit yet. This design is published for Indian DIYers. One may consider it an upgrade of SR71 available at Madisound.

That was a bolt out of the blue, Captain - even when we spoke. I never knew you were looking around for speakers :)

My house is getting smaller ;) (with each shopping binge of wifey) and she is egging on me to opt in for speakers with smaller footprint. So no option for me than to replace me lovely sounding towers.:sad:

That's why I wanted to audition your speakers and also called you before heading to Corrson.:)

I would be eager to listen to them whenever you get a chance.

Anytime Bala, how about tomorrow?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back