Scanspeak Rediscovery Tower

smnjn

Last edited:
Great !!! congratulation Suman Jana :clapping:

Regards,
Anil

I have designed a world class high end loudspeaker with Scanspeak Drivers. Madisound has approved the design and selling the kit. Find all the details here:

https://www.madisound.com/store/pro...=8830&osCsid=ef7eb0e7817c94f4327c81d0ee4aa0e4

I am from Kolkata, India. I am always available at [email protected] to help Indian DIYers. You can also buy the complete loudspeaker directly from me at cost.

Regards,

SUMAN JANA

Last edited:
Suman Jana,

Nice to know of such an accomplished DIYer/loudspeaker designer from Kolkata. Scanspeak Rev is an awesome driver. I would have loved to listen to these but for the fact that you are in Kolkata.

Titus

mamma mia!now thats something :clapping:!!kudos suman,all the very best in ur endeavours!!!cheers

Interesting reading.

I have for the past 10 years used a stand mounted monitor using SS mids and tweeters- 18W 8545 and(IIRC) D 2905-9300 tweeters. The Revelator mids are supposed to be a rung above the mids that I use, from what I hear, but even my system is outstanding.Scanspeaks have to be heard to be believed.

hey suman, that's great new. i'd love to listen to them when i am in kolkata next. a dear friend is threatening to get married soon. Whenever that happens, I'll come to Kolkata, and would love to listen to your speakers.

Many people asked me about a bookshelves sounding nearly as good as my Rediscovery Tower. The 2-way design is ready featuring Seas ER18 ($80 each) and Scanspeak Discovery HDS tweeter in a 14 litre enclosure. Stay tuned!

Last Sunday I went to Suman's house for a first hand experience of Scanspeak Rediscovery Tower, and an experience it was. The amp and cd player used was 640A and 640C (cambridge audio). Here is the list of good things I experienced.

1. The vocals were smooth and life like. Even from a cd containing material originally recorded in 1942! Ok - the cd might be remastered by saregama but still it sounded fab.

2. The bass was tight. The drums sounded precise (so precise as if they were played in front of us.) Suman told me that the sound lacked bass - But to me it was good enough.

3. Treble was crisp. In one of the recordings the santoor sounded magical.

I absolutely love the speakers. The price is not sky high either. If I have the time and money i will go the DIY road again with the kit. (I think I will)

Many people asked me about a bookshelves sounding nearly as good as my Rediscovery Tower. The 2-way design is ready featuring Seas ER18 ($80 each) and Scanspeak Discovery HDS tweeter in a 14 litre enclosure. Stay tuned!

The design named OPUS MINI posted in the forum

hey suman, that's great new. i'd love to listen to them when i am in kolkata next. a dear friend is threatening to get married soon. Whenever that happens, I'll come to Kolkata, and would love to listen to your speakers.

If you get a chance we expect a detailed review

Great News!!! Madisound reduced the price of Rediscovery kit. Now the kit costs less than the cost of drivers. Enjoy!

Suman Jana

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back