Rediscovery Speakers from Saptak Acoustics- Perfect two way tower speakers.

souban82

I had the pleasure of upgrading my audio setup with a pair of 2-way tower speakers made by Mr. Suman Jana of Kolkata, and I must say, I am absolutely blown away by their performance. These speakers boast a remarkable combination of features that create an unparalleled listening experience, leaving me in awe every time I turn them on. I have been using them for 3 months now.​

The highlight of these tower speakers lies in their Scanspeak drivers, which have been meticulously selected to ensure top-notch sound quality. The attention to detail in choosing these drivers is evident in the speakers' ability to reproduce sound with remarkable precision and accuracy. The midrange is velvety smooth, and the highs are crystal clear without any harshness.The bass extension of the 7 inch scanspeak woofer will in some cases make me think as if a sub is existing in my audio rig. It's as if I'm experiencing my favorite music and movies in a whole new light.
The 2nd order crossover design is a testament to the speaker's engineering excellence. The simplicity of the crossover design doesn't compromise on performance; instead, it enhances the speakers' coherence and ensures seamless integration between the drivers. The result is an incredibly natural sound signature that lets the music breathe and flourish without any artificial coloration. Thanks to the Jantzen components used in the crossover.
What impresses me the most about these tower speakers is their neutral and lively sound. They strike the perfect balance, delivering a performance that is engaging and exciting without being overly forward. I find myself getting lost in the music, as every instrument and vocal comes through with clarity and realism. Whether it's a gentle acoustic melody or a thunderous orchestral arrangement, these speakers handle it all with finesse.
The build quality of these speakers is equally exceptional. The 25 mm HDF enclosure, along with the heavily braced design, ensures that there are no unwanted resonances to interfere with the sound reproduction. The difference in sound quality and overall experience was so profound that I didn't hesitate to sell the 7 month old Dali Oberon 7 at a considerable loss. It's a decision I don't regret for a moment, as these new speakers have redefined my audio expectations.
In conclusion, if you're an audiophile seeking a transcendent listening experience, I wholeheartedly recommend these 2-way Rediscovery tower speakers .They offer a neutral, coherent, and lively sound that will leave you captivated with every note. With their impeccable construction and unmatched performance, these speakers are worth every penny. And being a DIY product from an extremely passionate and one of the very best in speaker designing, what Mr. Suman Jana is offering is mostly acheivable in commercial brands at thrice the cost of the Rediscoveries.
Mr. Suaman Jana designs and build speakers under brand name Saptak Acoustics. Currently he has three products - Raga: 2 way reference bookshelf speakers, Rediscovery: 2 way reference tower speakers and RaginiBe: 3 way reference tower speakers.

Attachments

• IMG_20230614_211530~2.jpg
    IMG_20230614_211530~2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_20230614_211443_1~2.jpg
    IMG_20230614_211443_1~2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_20230614_211659~2.jpg
    IMG_20230614_211659~2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 265
Troels - Scanspeak - Jantzen - Discovery (Rediscovery) - ChatGPT
SB Acoustics Rinjani Be (RaginiBe).

Had got to know sourabh banerjee and these speakers few days. After knowing the price said pass for now. Let some expert reviews come in.

No sir. Driver selection done on the basis of Zaph Audio but crossover has been re-designed with enclosure design modifications too.
Hi,

Good to know! Does Saptak Acoustics have a webpage or is there a data-sheet/brochure for these designs? I don't have any plans to change my speakers right now but still would like to know more about these products. So, don't really want to trouble the designer.

It would also help if details of the manufacturer are added to this thread.

With regards,
Sandeep Sasi

Hi,

Good to know! Does Saptak Acoustics have a webpage or is there a data-sheet/brochure for these designs? I don't have any plans to change my speakers right now but still would like to know more about these products. So, don't really want to trouble the designer.

It would also help if details of the manufacturer are added to this thread.

With regards,
Sandeep Sasi
Sir appreciate the inputs given. We are working on that. Till now this was just a hobby based endeavour and Mr. Suman Jana was catering to the local known audiophile circle only after the madisound partnership many years back. Now we are trying to reach other locations too and hence understand the importance of webpage/ brochure and social media. Will keep you posted once done. Thanks once again.

I had the pleasure of upgrading my audio setup with a pair of 2-way tower speakers made by Mr. Suman Jana of Kolkata, and I must say, I am absolutely blown away by their performance. These speakers boast a remarkable combination of features that create an unparalleled listening experience, leaving me in awe every time I turn them on. I have been using them for 3 months now.​

The highlight of these tower speakers lies in their Scanspeak drivers, which have been meticulously selected to ensure top-notch sound quality. The attention to detail in choosing these drivers is evident in the speakers' ability to reproduce sound with remarkable precision and accuracy. The midrange is velvety smooth, and the highs are crystal clear without any harshness.The bass extension of the 7 inch scanspeak woofer will in some cases make me think as if a sub is existing in my audio rig. It's as if I'm experiencing my favorite music and movies in a whole new light.
The 2nd order crossover design is a testament to the speaker's engineering excellence. The simplicity of the crossover design doesn't compromise on performance; instead, it enhances the speakers' coherence and ensures seamless integration between the drivers. The result is an incredibly natural sound signature that lets the music breathe and flourish without any artificial coloration. Thanks to the Jantzen components used in the crossover.
What impresses me the most about these tower speakers is their neutral and lively sound. They strike the perfect balance, delivering a performance that is engaging and exciting without being overly forward. I find myself getting lost in the music, as every instrument and vocal comes through with clarity and realism. Whether it's a gentle acoustic melody or a thunderous orchestral arrangement, these speakers handle it all with finesse.
The build quality of these speakers is equally exceptional. The 25 mm HDF enclosure, along with the heavily braced design, ensures that there are no unwanted resonances to interfere with the sound reproduction. The difference in sound quality and overall experience was so profound that I didn't hesitate to sell the 7 month old Dali Oberon 7 at a considerable loss. It's a decision I don't regret for a moment, as these new speakers have redefined my audio expectations.
In conclusion, if you're an audiophile seeking a transcendent listening experience, I wholeheartedly recommend these 2-way Rediscovery tower speakers .They offer a neutral, coherent, and lively sound that will leave you captivated with every note. With their impeccable construction and unmatched performance, these speakers are worth every penny. And being a DIY product from an extremely passionate and one of the very best in speaker designing, what Mr. Suman Jana is offering is mostly acheivable in commercial brands at thrice the cost of the Rediscoveries.
Mr. Suaman Jana designs and build speakers under brand name Saptak Acoustics. Currently he has three products - Raga: 2 way reference bookshelf speakers, Rediscovery: 2 way reference tower speakers and RaginiBe: 3 way reference tower speakers.
I have had the pleasure of listening extensively to RaginiBe (three way) Reference speakers made by Mr Jana, at my friend's place. In comparision to my Harbeth P3esr bookshelves , the floorstanding RaginiBe sound is bigger and bolder, more transparent, quieter (in background), airier , although marginally grainier and slightly thinner sounding ,rooted in the midrange towards the top, whereas the harbeths are rooted in the midrange towards the lower side.The bass is room dependant and requires careful placement but is tilted more towards quality than quantity and some listeners in larger spaces may want a slightly heavier sound . In conjunction with a high quality source and amply sized , high quality amplification capable of driving low impedances, the speakers can be part of a real high end system.

Last edited:
Sir appreciate the inputs given. We are working on that. Till now this was just a hobby based endeavour and Mr. Suman Jana was catering to the local known audiophile circle only after the madisound partnership many years back. Now we are trying to reach other locations too and hence understand the importance of webpage/ brochure and social media. Will keep you posted once done. Thanks once again.
“We”? I am confused. Are you a co-designer or partner in the said enterprise? Or an enthusiastic customer who supports and identifies with it? Not that any of these are a problem. In the world of enthusiasts the line often gets blurred as collaborations evolve organically and unexpectedly at times. But it could be useful to disclose the nature of your relationship so we can read the thread accordingly.

Last edited:
“We”? I am confused. Are you a co-designer or partner in the said enterprise? Or an enthusiastic customer who supports and identifies with it? Not that any of these are a problem. In the world of enthusiasts the line often gets blurred as collaborations evolve organically and unexpectedly at times. But it could be useful to disclose the nature of your relationship so we can read the thread accordingly.
I am an end user first. But being interacting with Mr. Suman Jana for past one year and now using his rediscoveries for past 3 months, I am so fascinated with his products, that I have joined hands with him to assist him in promoting the products. Earlier no promotion of any kind was being done for any of his product. Hence, for Saptak Acoustics - It's we trying to build the brand. For any queries anyone of us can be reached. Thank you.

Suman Jana @ 99034 13001
Sourabh Banerjee @ 8697730966

The fact that more local brands are being introduced in the market is a sign of a mature market, which is beneficial for the local audio community (considering the difficulties with warranty/service with foreign brands).

@souban82 The excessive use of flowery language to describe the brand/component can quickly become tiresome and feel insincere. Some might like the appeal. In fact, it is the easiest to do!
Aim for disclosing technical information, if you're able to provide polar measurements then more power to you and the brand!

It's great that you're assisting in promoting the brand. You should understand that FMs in the past have gotten in trouble for this very reason. I would ask you to check the HFV guidelines on this matter to keep yourself insulated.

The fact that more local brands are being introduced in the market is a sign of a mature market, which is beneficial for the local audio community (considering the difficulties with warranty/service with foreign brands).

@souban82 The excessive use of flowery language to describe the brand/component can quickly become tiresome and feel insincere. Some might like the appeal. In fact, it is the easiest to do!
Aim for disclosing technical information, if you're able to provide polar measurements then more power to you and the brand!

It's great that you're assisting in promoting the brand. You should understand that FMs in the past have gotten in trouble for this very reason. I would ask you to check the HFV guidelines on this matter to keep yourself insulated.

Noted and thanks. Measurements shared below for Rediscovery towers-
It's a two way tower speaker with Scanspeak Drivers and crossover components from Jantzen Denmark.

Specs are
Frequency Response: 32 Hz - 25 kHz.
Sensitivity: 85 dB. Linearity +/- 0.5 dB.
Nominal Impedance 8 ohms, minimum Impedance 5.9 ohms.
Long term power handling 100 watts RMS.
40 litres bass reflex enclosure.
Crossover@1600 Hz
2nd order electrical. 4th order acoustic.
Dimensions-230w x 280 d x 1050 h
Weight-32+kgs
Finish- Real Wood Veneer.

I guess the above specs are not of much use for the measurements-focussed crowd.. :p

Here are a few more details and on axis frequency response graphs from the designer himself posted over at diyaudio long ago..

I dont know if the speaker described in this thread is the same as the one described in above link but I can see some similarities in the design.

Anyway, since we are talking about a speaker in 2023, we can be more convincing if give a few basic engineering details like an impedance plot, an on axis frequency response and frequency responses to atleast a few off axis angles. Helps confirm the radiation behaviour and tonality (to some extent) without the need for verbose descriptions. Helps build credibility and trust.
It might also help differentiate the product from some other local brands which claim to have done everything possible w.r.t speaker design but never publish any measurements showing what has been done. I think the data I & others have asked above is easy to get too in this case since the designer is an experienced forum member.

That said, I don't want to start a war about objective vs subjective opinions and the like (again, :p). Peace.

I guess the above specs are not of much use for the measurements-focussed crowd.. :p

Here are a few more details and on axis frequency response graphs from the designer himself posted over at diyaudio long ago..

I dont know if the speaker described in this thread is the same as the one described in above link but I can see some similarities in the design.

Anyway, since we are talking about a speaker in 2023, we can be more convincing if give a few basic engineering details like an impedance plot, an on axis frequency response and frequency responses to atleast a few off axis angles. Helps confirm the radiation behaviour and tonality (to some extent) without the need for verbose descriptions. Helps build credibility and trust.
It might also help differentiate the product from some other local brands which claim to have done everything possible w.r.t speaker design but never publish any measurements showing what has been done. I think the data I & others have asked above is easy to get too in this case since the designer is an experienced forum member.

That said, I don't want to start a war about objective vs subjective opinions and the like (again, :p). Peace.
The measurements in the diyaudio.com are related to Rediscovery 1. The first version. The version (3.1) now has some changes to it and I have asked Suman Jana to share the response measurements for better evaluation. Thanks.

I recently got a pair of rediscovery towers and a 150W DMB from Aniket Das(O&B amps). Both products are greatly to my liking but will reserve my opinions in a full review until some run-in has happened. I have only been listening for about a week. But as of now I am very happy with the SQ and their build quality.

Wanted to add a quick comment about the rediscovery speakers. Since this is my first Hi-fi system, I was sceptical too about what I was getting in to- use of scanspeak drivers like Troels uses and semblances in naming with Troels designs was not helpful. Talking to Suman allayed some of my fears, and he also shared measurements with me. He is a very genuine enthusiast and unpretentious guy with a wealth of information he readily shares. In my limited knowledge as a hifi noob I don't feel these are cheap knock-offs of any freely available designs. Probably one would name them differently if they didn't want it to sound like a knock-off.

On the whole, my ears are very satisfied. Highs and mids are smooth, details are revealed well and for a 2 way, punches quite low. Waiting for some minimal room treatment and run-in and post that will add some more details.

Last edited:
Sharing Link to detailed review by FM Manditri.

Lovely looking speakers there...enjoy 😍

One thing always gets my goat is that whenever an indigenous brand is discussed, many people come down demanding graphs, plots, design and what not. While they pay lakh happily to international brands without an iota of such details provided, I have seen some hundreds of thousands costing Amp not even disclosing whether it's Class D or AB, and people keep singing paeans and emptying pockets for them. For Indigenous products being good sounding, good build and good looking is not good enough for them. :rolleyes:

More efforts is put in to drag down than appreciating. And most of this people do this without any first-hand experience. They have gall to berate first-hand and paid for experience of fellow members who have made grave sin of appreciating local brands.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back