Rediscovery Speakers from Saptak Acoustics- Perfect two way tower speakers.

@Hiten: You mean something like this.. ;)

In fact there are many such speakers in the smaller 3 way speaker format. Some others include Jim Holtz/Curt Campbell designed Travellers, Anthologies etc.

For a more modern attempt at a similar format speaker, keep checking here:

Last edited:
That 'black box' looks good. I guess with dome midrange is crossover point is little high compared to traditional midrange which handover frequencies much lower than ~700hz to woofer. Not sure though. Also as they say it is all about what compromises as designer one has to make. Overall I have liked sound of sealed speakers. I wonder if 'fun' HFV community DIY speaker project can be done with Indian speaker drivers ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems some posts were removed !/?
Best regards.

addition : sorry I was probably browsing cached pages

Last edited:
How do the Golden Ears sound? I've always been fascinated by their products as they're usually quite unconventional/innovative!
I truly don't know as I have never auditioned them. This setup is of a client who resides in Bhillai.He uses the Golden ear for HT experience only. He also has a pair of Usher Mini dancers.

I wonder if 'fun' HFV community DIY speaker project can be done with Indian speaker drivers ?
Such a project is easily doable if the constraint is relaxed from Indian speaker drivers to drivers that are available in India.
I personally don't know of any Indian driver manufacturing company that sells drivers in small quantities as well as provides reliable specifications with good quality control.
Such a project should be defined based on the constraints of those involved/interested in the project such as room size/type, max SPL levels intended, overall cost budget, active/passive crossover, etc. This then drives the technical specifications for drivers, the overall acoustic concept, construct and radiation pattern. More importantly, manpower/resource availability for the project and prototyping capability. Anyway, those are all things for another thread, not here. :)

Hi,
Lovely effort! Many congratulations and wishing the project all the success it deserves.

I read the whole thread, which looks like it went from Tezpur to Tawang.

Without fanning any more flames, may I kindly ask what the price of a pair of these speakers would be? (Minus shipping)

And how they compare price-wise to an SB SS+Beryllium kit or a two-way Salk?

(Salk is yet to do a Be tweeter, but let's assume its a Raal ST instead)

Thanks and regards

And like i said, more power to you, and wishing you all the very best in your endeavour.

sorry for offtopic.
Such a project is easily doable if the constraint is relaxed from Indian speaker drivers to drivers that are available in India.
I personally don't know of any Indian driver manufacturing company that sells drivers in small quantities as well as provides reliable specifications with good quality control.
Such a project should be defined based on the constraints of those involved/interested in the project such as room size/type, max SPL levels intended, overall cost budget, active/passive crossover, etc. This then drives the technical specifications for drivers, the overall acoustic concept, construct and radiation pattern. More importantly, manpower/resource availability for the project and prototyping capability. Anyway, those are all things for another thread, not here. :)
Yes I understand. Not fixated on indian stuff. Just thinking a budget diy for community so more can participate. A topic for another thread.
regards. :)

One thing always gets my goat is that whenever an indigenous brand is discussed, many people come down demanding graphs, plots, design and what not. While they pay lakh happily to international brands without an iota of such details provided, I have seen some hundreds of thousands costing Amp not even disclosing whether it's Class D or AB, and people keep singing paeans and emptying pockets for them. For Indigenous products being good sounding, good build and good looking is not good enough for them. :rolleyes:

More efforts is put in to drag down than appreciating. And most of this people do this without any first-hand experience. They have gall to berate first-hand and paid for experience of fellow members who have made grave sin of appreciating local brands.

firstly/coincidently it comes from fellow DIYer's primarily, as they can relate to it.
secondly, speakers mentioned here are priced @ 3.45 lakhs a pair. if that's the range we are talking about, then some inquires in these lines should be expected, one cant expect folks to buy it blind...
lastly for users like me, if it cost 50-70k range, i promise, i won't ask for graphs!! just the credibility of the diyer on forum and this, can only be earned over time.

p.s. speaker's sound really good in the video provided.

I was looking for some Floorstanders. I was using Monitor Audio GX 300 and also having Acoustic Portrait MS 610. The equipment chain used by me was laptop ( foobar)<Chord Qutest DAC or Yulong DA8 < Sansui AU X1 integrated or O&B SSMB 1400 Mono blocks. I purchased Monitor audio FS for music purpose , however, I found them to be detailed but a bit laid back in midrange particularly Vocals. Therefore I was looking for the speakers which are detailed , transparent, with good midrange, Lush Vocals , tight bass and non-fatiguing. I was already having Acoustic Portrait MS 610 with scanspeak drivers and their sound signature is also midrange centric, therefore when I saw the Indian make Rediscovery Speakers on the facebook, I got interested. Therefore I spoke to the Designer of the speakers Mr Suman Jana about the same. I told him my requirement. I found him to be very passionate about music and his understanding about the music. He is a very good person to interact with and he told me about the sound signature of the speakers and also told me that the speakers are made of very high end components of Scanspeak Drivers and Zanten components are used in crossover. Since I liked the sound signature of the Scanspeak drivers, I believed in the Mr Suman Jana and though that I should take the dive and ordered the speakers.
It took about a month or so when the speakers were delivered at my doorstep. I am based at Delhi and the speakers were shipped very well packed in hard wooden batten box. It was wrapped in lots of bubble sheet and other protective materials. A covering cloth was also there on the speakers. Guys , it took around 1and half hours to unpack the speakers. The base plate which houses spikes is a solid 10 mm Cast iron plate, finish of the speakers is real wood veneer and , the built and the finish of the speakers is none the less if compared to any other leading foreign brand speakers.
The first thing when the speakers were played, I realised that the speakers are very detailed and bring out all the nuances of the instruments and vocals of the Singer. However, it was felt that they present a bit lean character. The bass was tight but felt a bit lesser weight. I listen to the speakers on different genres of music like classical, pop, country, rock etc. I found speakers to be very transparent detailed and one can hear the details which were not perceived on the same tracks earlier but there was the body of vocals. After listening to about 2 hrs or so I felt little bit fatigue. Therefore, I called Mr Suman and told him that the presentation of the speakers is lean and the body is not felt. He told me that let the speaker burn in for at least 100- 400 hrs and there will be enough Body and Bass weight after that.
Hence I waited for the burn in and put the speakers with my AVR for about 20 days or so as front channel speakers as kids used to watch TV for longer time. Then after about 20 days I played the speakers with the above chain of equipment and writing this review after listening again to the speakers. Now I found that the presentation of the speakers has been tremendously improved. There is excellent detail of higher frequencies and there is much improved mid range and vocals. Now the vocals are presented with body and the bass became very tight , articulate and have more weight to it. Listening to Adele “ Don’t you remember’ was very engaging and the vocals comes out with the emotions and minor nuances of the throat of the singer. Ed Sheeran Voice In I see Fire was very natural and brings the singer in front of you, the bass guitar in the song had rhythm and good attack. Drums sounded snappy with weight. Now the overall presentation has changed. The speakers can be summarised to be very transparent, detailed, with nice midrange and sufficiently tight bass. There is no emphasis on any of the frequency spectrum but sounds musical. There is no fatigue now after listening to the speakers for about 2 hrs straight. As I said the speakers re very transparent and do no give emphasis on any frequency, the partnering equipment becomes very important. It is advisable not to use amps with leaner presentation. If you ask which leading speaker closely matches to it, then the Spendor A7 comes to my mind which is offcourse relatively much expensive. I am now satisfied with the speakers and must congratulate Mr Suman Jana to design and Build such excellent speakers in India.

I was looking for some Floorstanders. I was using Monitor Audio GX 300 and also having Acoustic Portrait MS 610. The equipment chain used by me was laptop ( foobar)<Chord Qutest DAC or Yulong DA8 < Sansui AU X1 integrated or O&B SSMB 1400 Mono blocks. I purchased Monitor audio FS for music purpose , however, I found them to be detailed but a bit laid back in midrange particularly Vocals. .
Thx for the detailed review. Some pictures of your setup would be great!

Therefore, I called Mr Suman and told him that the presentation of the speakers is lean and the body is not felt. He told me that let the speaker burn in for at least 100- 400 hrs and there will be enough Body and Bass weight after that.

Thanks for the review @manu2471 . If you haven't tried the reference grade speaker cables made by Suman already, please give it a shot. They will bring out Rediscoveries' true capabilities to the fore.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back