Order from Ebay.com

Thanks Guys .. i can ask the seller to send via USPS from Israel. He said as he cannot send an invoice but can mention the contents and price of the unit and also mark it as a gift. His ratings are 100% on ebay. Should I go ahead with the deal?

Thanks Guys .. i can ask the seller to send via USPS from Israel. He said as he cannot send an invoice but can mention the contents and price of the unit and also mark it as a gift. His ratings are 100% on ebay. Should I go ahead with the deal?
Yes go ahead and as already mentioned by one of our FM, since remote has a small form factor, it may not attract any duty.

Ebay.com is safe if you check seller's profile and ratings.Also check item location for genunity of parts/products.Try contacting seller before placing order and tell your requirement.

I have heaps of experience with international packages shipped through ebay.com, amazon.com and aliexpress/banggood etc, Chinese are good with their service as they use Gaati for India and rarely India post, Amazon.com is best with fast ship and no hassle of customs as price on amazon.com comes with customs paid, ebay.com is last resort if I really want something which is not available elsewhere and can be pain with custom in case you decide to get something worth over Rs10000 and marked that as gift or low price and they decided to open the package which happens mostly with heavy packages, very small packages or odd shaped packages. in case its opened up and found to be expensive than what it was claimed be ready to pay fine/penalty along with the custom duty which is 40% almost always with everything, also lots of wasted time as things move really slow (Delhi customs). IMO if its an expensive item (Over Rs10000/-) better use DHL and get a hassle free and fast service , you may still be made to pay custom but it will all be taken care of by DHL. Time is money

if you are planning to get Logitech harmony elite that is not a cheap remote so go ahead with caution and try avoiding a used one as the used items import is restricted in India.

Looks like the item sold out. Guys any other portal apart from eBay and Amazon, that gives good price and safe options to buy gadgets online?

It seems recently Customs has got stricter with eBay shipments and almost every other shipment gets duty levied. Things were more relaxed before. But some deals are attractive even with 40% duty. There’s a way to contest and ask for reconsideration, but can be long drawn and time consuming.

Last edited by a moderator:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back