Pairing AKG 52 HP with Fiio A1?

gobble

Greetings Folks,

Logging in to Hifi after a looong time. Hope you are all well.

I need to gift somebody and wondering if the AKG 52s need an HP amp to sound good with a smartphone? For ex a Lenovo K4 note? Or if an amp is needed will the Fiio A1 do the job well?
The AKG 52 is a 32 ohm HP FYI so I think it should be easy to drive for a smartphone? I read reviews that it was tinny and lacklustre without an amp hence the query.

Cheers & Thanks

Last edited:
Greetings Folks,

I need to gift somebody and wondering if the AKG 52s need an HP amp to sound good with a smartphone? For ex a Lenovo K4 note? Or if an amp is needed will the Fiio A1 do the job well?
The AKG 52 is a 32 ohm HP FYI so I think it should be easy to drive for a smartphone? I read reviews that it was tinny and lacklustre without an amp hence the query.

Cheers & Thanks

Not sure about AKG, my Philips 9500 also rated to be 32Ohms does not like mobile phones. It sounds fine with the laptop though. Mobiles in question are fairly new models from Redmi and Motorola.

I would prefer the FiiO K1 though. Might pick this to go with my Philips.

MaSh

Ok thanks for the useful tip.

Where in Bangalore can I demo a range of headphones before I buy?
Any shop around Indira Nagar to Hennu side or up to MG rd - walkable from a metro stn?

Thanks

G

Hi,

I would recommend that you buy an amplifier along with the HP even if the HP is only 32 Ohm. Many mobile phones will be able to drive it, but you will never get the best out of it unless you use an Amp. I am assuming that the person you are gifting the HP to wants something a notch above the run-of-the-mill stuff.

I have an Audio-technica M40x (35 Ohms), which I drive using a Fiio X3 II DAP (digital audio player). Additionally, I also have a Fiio A5 amp, which I use sometimes while playing from my phone (a blackberry passport). The sound quality is much better when I use the amp with my phone. Though I am not familiar with the particular Fiio models that you mention, based on my experience with the X3 II and the A5, I can recommend Fiio products as good value for money.

Best,
apk

Last edited:
Greetings Folks,

Cheers & Thanks
Or you can use dragonfly black or red as dac/amp with your smartphone. I have tried dragonfly red, this is a high quality product..... Very portable as well!
Have a look!
http://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/hi-fi/best-dacs

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back