Pana TH-L32S10 Vs Samsung LA32B530

sandeep.n

Hi Folks,
Really stuck up here and hope to get some clarity from you guys. I had almost decided on Samsung LA32B530 when I was lured towards Pana TH-L32S10. Pana model is the latest one and the best it seems. Any experience from you guys on Pana LCDs ? Are they better than samsung ?

Thanks. Sorry but what is VFM ? Also the pana model is with japanese IPS alpha panel . The model also has 3 year warranty for the entire set.

Value For Money.
Its not on panal & 1yr for LCD(without panal), rest 2yr is service warrenty.
Just recheck that.

no its not the case itseems. It is some IGL warranty it is for the entire tv set.
He also showed me the bills with the details . Leaving aside this aspect is this pana model better or atleast the same as samsung ?

spirovious,

I found this thread googling panasonic 32" LCDs, and your reviews put a wrench in my plans...

Basically, I'm almost set on buying a 32" Panasonic LCD. From what I can tell, reviews are great for the 2008 models, and the ones I'm looking at I think are 2010 ones. They must be at least better than the 2008 ones, that's enough for me, especially as I'd be upgrading from a crappy 2007 Panasonic 32" that has a menu so terrible it feels like a 1995 model.

I'm not sure which to get, the 1080p s series one or cheaper 720p c series one, I read that upscaling SD would be better on the latter but I also read that that's a myth and it really depends on the scaler and some even said 1080p would be better as the picture is smoother... but what really screwed things up was your impression that the 2009 panys were worst than the 2008 one you liked. That makes no sense. Now I'm scared of buying. Have you seen the 2010 models btw? Any impressions on those? Thanks a lot.

Panasonic C? series dont have HDMI,pls check which is it.
not seen 2010 models yet as they are not easily available for demo currently.

It's this one:

Products - Viera TV - VIERA C Series - TH-L32C10

It has 2 HDMI connectors.

I'm either going to buy this one or the 1080p one in the OP, L32S10.

I'm mostly worried about what you said on quality being worse than previous years model and on upscaling SD and 720p content. Not sure if getting the 1080p one is worth it if the 720p will have better quality for everything lower than 1080p, then again I don't know the quality of the scaler.

Edit: a third set I'm looking at is a sony V series 32" one, 1080p. Input lag might be a problem though and I read about auto-dim annoying people too (though google shows some having auto-dim problems with their panasonics, though I think it's just a matter of settings).

Last edited:
I'm leaning toward the TH-L32S10 right now.

You had some good praise for a 2008 32" Panasonic 80 or 800 model or something, and then said newer Panasonic models don't have as good colors or black levels. The TH-L32S10 wasn't one of those models, right? I just want to be sure it's at least as good as the one you reviewed well (which is also reviewed well in many places).

Wait does this part mean you just don't know of a C10 model and that's the one you know in the C series or that the C8 one you linked to is one you've seen personally and had impressions on?

Edit: weird, your post just had a url but when I copy and paste that sentence the link comes out as model number and such...

Last edited:
I have seen C8 & not C10.Panasonic video processing didnot improve from 2008 to 2009,
may this 2010 be better.How did you compare Samy & Pany?

I didn't compare the sony and panny.

I'm pretty much set on getting the S10 panny now. Sony has better upscaling from what I know but I want an IPS panel with no noticeable input lag. I also really liked the picture quality when I saw it, the auto-dimming problems with sony don't help either - I don't want to get new firmware for it and risk something going wrong or whatever.

Edit: About video processing not improving from 2008 to 2009, maybe some of the sets weren't calibrated properly? Or the 2009 model you saw was low end compared to a high end 2008 model. Usually the worst case scenario is no or little progress, but you said earlier it was worst which is really weird. Reviews on amazon are really great for the S1 32" LCD, which is a 2009 model. One of the reviews said consumer reports rated it as the third best 32" TV. The S10 is a 2010 model and should even be better.

Edit: I'd say only 90% set on the panny, maybe I'll give the bravia v series some thought... I hate making these kind of decisions.

Last edited:
well if u want the IPS panel they go with the philips 5609.

about the auto dimming its their in every tvs including plasmas either to save power or give better blacks,with the sonys the ACE settings set by the showroom is usually high.

in the panasonic one has no control over the backlight,the tv dims and brightens according to the scenes which the image processing decides.so the tv having a IPS panels have a more aggressive auto dim and bright.

well if u want the IPS panel they go with the philips 5609.
It doent have IPS panal,I cannot touch the screen,It uses LG panal,not IPS.

about the auto dimming its their in every tvs including plasmas either to save power or give better blacks,with the sonys the ACE settings set by the showroom is usually high.

Philips improves on Black & power consumption using light sensor.
It does good job even I turn on & off the light.response is very fast.

It doent have IPS panal,I cannot touch the screen,It uses LG panal,not IPS.
and whats is a LG panel its of IPS panel i.e S-IPS.

Philips improves on Black & power consumption using light sensor.
It does good job even I turn on & off the light.response is very fast.

well so does every other tv with a light sensor,including the sony or samsungs,although it does improve the blacks it crushes the shadow details .

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back