Panasonic 50ST30 dead, need a replacement but...

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I have looked at this hexa chroma technology. Other than marketing literature, I do not find any technical papers on this. Is this marketing?

I would conclude, best to put the hexa thing aside, check the TVs by yourself and buy what suits your eyes.

Vinod.R

I got the price quote from the panasonic manager

After 30K reduction for my old TV , 49CX700 come at 83K , ie 1,45,000-30,000-40,000

Is it good deal ? I couldnt find any online price for this model. I found this review

Panasonic TX-50CX700B (CX700) Review

which i think is the CX700 review and they have "RECOMMENDED" award for it. They praise it for best PQ and Black level

Shall i go for it ? Unfortunately i couldnt demo any TV :(

sorry for bumping , i need to confirm the model , should i go with the deal or get refund and look for other brand tv ?

Hi Naveen,

Two things,

With Diwali around the corner, it would make sense to take the Rs 30,000. I had a look at the Hexa chroma Panasonic at a local showroom yesterday. Frankly I was not impressed. But it was not your model.

You can also find out the price of this TV in local showrooms and see the prices. That would make sense for you as you can see if it is worth exchanging with Rs 30000.

Found another LG link to tempt you: :)

LG 65EF9500 OLED TV | Review, Specs, Price, and More | Digital Trends

One more about Panasonic:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/panasonic-4k-uhd-oled-thx-ifa-2015-announced/

Vinod

Last edited:
Hexa chroma tech is in lower end TV too , ie CS480 49" which doesnt have all the specs of CX series

I will try to demo CS series in chennai very soon

Manager told that if we want refund , it will take 15 days or so

OLED TV are great but they are not affordable.. I too wish there was one in our price range ,but it wont be possible for atleast a year or so, particularly when there are only two players

which model did you demo Vinod ?

Ok even if i get a refund , which model do you suggest me to get within my price range ie 80-1,10K

Panasonic 40" Viera 4K UHD Smart LED TV TH-40CX600S | Lazada Singapore

I bought this 4K hexa chroma TV from Singapore, Total cost after paying 33% duty 68000/

This model is not available in India.
I'm happy with the performance so far.

cx600 series is available in india.. and i dont think it cost 68000...

Its much lower

Anyway , Vinod, just went to panasonic store and demoed 49CX700 , 60 CX700 and 49CS580

Here are my thoughts so far

when compared to CS580 (CS) , CX showed superb color gradation

I brought my own videos and played it , unfortunetly i couldnt able to run Game of Throne 720p video :( which had superb stress test parts for blacks and color .. my bad , should have converted to mp4 before i went.

Nevertheless i played a MOJO YOUTUBE Channel Video , which is 720p and it had places of black and grey gradation for seeing how well the performance is.

I put all three TV in True cinema mode and watched , have to say , the colors were well graded in CX series than CS .

Then put them on Dynamic , now its a different story , the colors are more prominent , but contrast is lost , i mean its too bright.. its so artificial , but i put the TV on dynamic to see the brightness output , i am satisfied.

The Menu as usual is slow , not fast with whatever quadcore sh$$t they are advertising. It was little more prominent imo with firefox OS , or i didnt see well.. i dont know , needs more testing. Couldnt able to see the touch remote :(

Panel was good looking, is 49" looking little smaller than my 50ST30 ? hmm , i think it is , since ST30 had quite a large outer frame..

I checked for 4K video atlast , i think this is where the CX series truely shines. Anything in HD or UHD , this TV shows superb colors , natural ones imo,but little bit LCDish , could have been more plasma like , but close imo.

I would say i am ok with it , untill i see other TVs from samsung etc..

Also i should have a GOT episode converted with me ...

For my room setup , for which plasma itself with such a low brightness good enough , i think CX series with properly calibrated colors will do it i guess.

Any input would be welcome ..

Panasonic Manager told me i have to go for one payment , ie 83K , i tried to negotiate the price , but he said for anyother diwali offer TV`s , i chose from , he could give even better pricing. That said , i just asked him to atleast extend my warranty to 1+2 yrs , which he said he would.

So incase he doesnt , i might get a refund and proceed with some other model

Last edited:
Mr. Naveen, I am silently following. I have also a dead Pana Plasma lying and needs to decide whether to repair or get a new LED TV.

BTW, I was not aware that CX700 series is available in India. Did you get the demo in an exclusive Panasonic Showroom or a multi brand shop? And was the buyback amount for your Plasma quoted by the Panasonic exclusive showroom? I am not sure, whether in Delhi/ NCR the Panasonic will agree to provide refund of that amount.

TH-49CX700D 3D TV - Panasonic India

here is the link for cx700 49"

I went straight to showroom,as in many multibrand , you have to be in luck for specific model demo.

the payback is from Panasonic regional manager , ie where you have purchased , i got from salem , TN , so getting the offer from regional manager.

You have to neogitiate. Try tellign them you will get the TV from them itself, in that way they will increase the refund amount , although these are all automated , they have a specific depreciation equation or sort through which they run it.

Good luck. In case you demo , let me know how is CX700 from your POV

Update :

The manager told me that extended warranty cant be given and standard one year warranty alone can be availed.

I have asked to negotitate or i said i will go for refund.

In case he says he will refund , what TV should i get ?

Get the money first.

The moment the money is in your hands, the world is your oyster. You can call the shots!!!

There are plenty of choices. First get the money. :)

ok will do.

Please also let me know of the options i have in the price range or 30K(refund) + 90K(EMI).. ie around 1 - 1.3L

i can wait for new year offer or next year launch of TV series.

also seeing 4k , i am more inclined to get a future proof one.

After a heated email to panasonic CC , I got the call from the local regional manager informing me that i have been approved for 3 years warranty.

I am going for the approval first and then the TV.

Its a good offer imo. So the effective price of the TV is around 60K from the massive 1.4L , ie the 3 years extended warranty costs 20K or so.

So by the end of 3 years i will get the extended warranty for 2 more years from panasonic for safety and by that i might change the TV.

I wanted to get the money back , but i was not impressed with sammy tv in demo i had . I didnt want to go for sony for personal reasons.

So you are finally staying in Panasonic block.

I could not demo 49CX700D in the nearby showrooms, this TV is not in display there. The Panasonic Brandshop at Ashok Vihar Delhi has it for display, but it is approx. 50 km away from my place.

Please post your detailed review once the new TV is installed.

Sure will post the review soon.

The thing is CX700 version is totally different from already two variants - ie UK and US.

There is no perfect review for cx700 india version.

After a heated email to panasonic CC , I got the call from the local regional manager informing me that i have been approved for 3 years warranty.

I am going for the approval first and then the TV.

I went through exactly this. My TV was repaired once (paid 12k) for it and again another board conked off within 3 months. So, this time after a lot of hue and cry, including emails to senior management, they've offered to give me a rebate on another TV. Mine was the 42U30 model, and I asked for the price of their lowest, most basic 42" LED. I'll have to pay around 32k and will get one year warranty.

I'm confused if I should also just ask for my money back and get a cheap Vu TV. I don't watch a lot of TV and don't want to spend a lot of money on buying another TV.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back