Panasonic Blu Ray Player BDP BD 60 NTSC/Pal Issues

is it true that the pioneer Bluray players tend to take a very long time to load the discs ,i am referring to the new pioneer BDP-lx52, are there any users of this model or the 51fd ,kindly give feed backs

It was true with OLD pan models,but new may be fast to load...

is it true that the pioneer Bluray players tend to take a very long time to load the discs ,i am referring to the new pioneer BDP-lx52, are there any users of this model or the 51fd ,kindly give feed backs

With the current generation models the loading times of the blu ray disks has improved tremendously but still a lot of work is required in this direction. The fastest blu ray players are very few and are from the like of Sony Ps3, Oppo BDP83 and samsung new generation models.

connection issues
as my projector ,optoma hd65 is 720p but allows 1080p as pass through and is routed thro the AVR ,images are upscaled to 1080p by the avr-------how do i connect a blu ray player and what shud the output be ,as i assume the blu ray will output 1080p resolution

connection issues
as my projector ,optoma hd65 is 720p but allows 1080p as pass through and is routed thro the AVR ,images are upscaled to 1080p by the avr-------how do i connect a blu ray player and what shud the output be ,as i assume the blu ray will output 1080p resolution

You should not force your AVR to convert everything to 1080P instead you select Auto mode in it if it has one, which would enable the AVR as well as your source which is a blu ray player and here too if Auto mode is avaliable then its better to choose that, in all this the display i.e your projector would decide after handshaking with your AVR as well as Blu Ray player through HDMI (offcourse), what is the best picture resolution for it to display. One should use HDMI in all the above cases for all the automatic handshaking to take place.

You should not force your AVR to convert everything to 1080P instead you select Auto mode in it if it has one, which would enable the AVR as well as your source which is a blu ray player and here too if Auto mode is avaliable then its better to choose that, in all this the display i.e your projector would decide after handshaking with your AVR as well as Blu Ray player through HDMI (offcourse), what is the best picture resolution for it to display. One should use HDMI in all the above cases for all the automatic handshaking to take place.

what happens to the dvd play back when the avr is set to auto mode will it upscale to 1080p?

just came to know that philips has introduced two new BD players priced at 17k and 25k , will go in for a demo @ philips arena ,4th block jayanagar ,blr / modern world ,old airport road ,,, i think the 17k one is the basic model , when i spoke to them i was told the BDPlayer is Reg C and multiregion for dvd

i was told the BDPlayer is Reg C and multiregion for dvd

Thats the major problem for me. My lending library stocks only Region A discs. The 3600/17k model is quite decent IMO though. Only if there was a soft mod for BD region change..:sad:

i just got the pioneer LX52 BD player , what would be the best Hdmi cable to partner it with the Onkyo 875 ,has anyone used the monster 400 hdmi cable, right know i am using a taiwanese make Hdmi cable (doesnt have a name on it) but i think it will not support deep colors

hi , ashish
thanks a lot again ,setting the auto mode on the AVR and source direct at the BDplayer seems to work fine here ,all the blue ray content are displayed @ 1080p 24fps play back and the dvd content at 720p ( kindly note my projector is 720p but allows 1080p as pass thro----hope this is the correct setting, also which hdmi cable 1.3v wud u recommend from monster 400, mx , panasonic etc etc ,, vandenhul/qed are supposed to be good but the cost too is high----any recomendations

jst got the pioneer LX52 BDP ----it loads the discs available in the indian markets (big home ,excel ) quiet fast but when i load a disc from the US it takes a lot of time and also it reads the disc one time and @the same time fails to read the same disc second time , strange this kept happening

i just got the pioneer LX52 BD player , what would be the best Hdmi cable to partner it with the Onkyo 875 ,has anyone used the monster 400 hdmi cable, right know i am using a taiwanese make Hdmi cable (doesnt have a name on it) but i think it will not support deep colors

MX new HDMI cable(Rs.1200) is well rated & has swivel connectors too.

hi , ashish
thanks a lot again ,setting the auto mode on the AVR and source direct at the BDplayer seems to work fine here ,all the blue ray content are displayed @ 1080p 24fps play back and the dvd content at 720p ( kindly note my projector is 720p but allows 1080p as pass thro----hope this is the correct setting, also which hdmi cable 1.3v wud u recommend from monster 400, mx , panasonic etc etc ,, vandenhul/qed are supposed to be good but the cost too is high----any recomendations

I am using Diyo Reference grade 1.5 m Hdmi cable in my setup to connect my AVR and BD player and it costed me 3.5k, for my avr to Pj I am using QED 15M lenght costed me 15K.

jst got the pioneer LX52 BDP ----it loads the discs available in the indian markets (big home ,excel ) quiet fast but when i load a disc from the US it takes a lot of time and also it reads the disc one time and @the same time fails to read the same disc second time , strange this kept happening

Have you tried upgrading the firmware of your player, the problem seem related to the JAVA. Also the disk loading times are related to the JAVA contents on it.

just came to know that philips has introduced two new BD players priced at 17k and 25k , will go in for a demo @ philips arena ,4th block jayanagar ,blr / modern world ,old airport road ,,, i think the 17k one is the basic model , when i spoke to them i was told the BDPlayer is Reg C and multiregion for dvd

Hey Subhash,
Did you checked these models? Please post some comments on your observartioons.

Hey Subhash,
Did you checked these models? Please post some comments on your observartioons.

hi, i did chk out the philips BDA7500 @ reliance shop in cunningham road @ bangalore they load the discs quiet fast and were able to read all the multiregion BD's(the ones from bighome video, excel,sony but failed to read the US discs )

the actual price is 25990/- but the reliance shop are offering it for 24k as a promotional sale (also there is a review of the philips 7300 in the august issue of sound n vision, this is similar to the 7500)

though i liked the philips 7500 i somehow opted for the pioneer BDP LX52 ,which i got for a good rate in the grey market ,the official price of this is 50 odd

Have you tried upgrading the firmware of your player, the problem seem related to the JAVA. Also the disk loading times are related to the JAVA contents on it.

hi ashish , which is your BD player , cud u please let me know how to upgrade the firmware ,i am new to the BD players

hi ashish , which is your BD player , cud u please let me know how to upgrade the firmware ,i am new to the BD players

I have an Oppo BDP83 with Multi Region Hard Mod and a Sony Ps3. The firmware upgrade could be carried out by connecting the players ethernet port either through the wireless or wired Router or through the laptop's ethernet port. After connection, look for an option of firmware upgrade under the setup menu of the player, just give that a try.

I have an Oppo BDP83 with Multi Region Hard Mod and a Sony Ps3. The firmware upgrade could be carried out by connecting the players ethernet port either through the wireless or wired Router or through the laptop's ethernet port. After connection, look for an option of firmware upgrade under the setup menu of the player, just give that a try.

will definetly try to do firmware upgrade and update you , theres another problem which i noticed yday , this happens only on the blu ray discs , the first time i put the BDP and AVR the images are totally offcentered ( eg if the pioneer logo appears on the screen i can see only the PIO the rest off the letters are out , or if the menu appears i can only see a part of it ( very wierd!!! ) i got to switch off the AVR and put it on again and the images are fine ,this does not happen on regular DVDS played on the onkyo DVDP---any feedback??

Back