Panasonic Blu Ray Player BDP BD 60 NTSC/Pal Issues

Philips BDP7500 - ProductWiki unbiased product reviewsPhilips BDP3000 Blu-ray player - Pocket-lint
Hey Subhash,
Did you checked these models? Please post some comments on your observartioons.

the basic model is the BDP 3000,profile 2.0, it is region C for BLU RAYS and multi REG for DVDS , priced @ 16k but u cud get it for a better price(14.5) if u look around , PQ/SQ is very good but it will not output DTS master Audio , also there are no multichannel out puts
the other model is BDP7500 , all audio formats , built in decoders with multichannel outs , comes in silver finish , priced @ 25k
also with these models u get a good quality Hdmi cable

Last edited:
will definetly try to do firmware upgrade and update you , theres another problem which i noticed yday , this happens only on the blu ray discs , the first time i put the BDP and AVR the images are totally offcentered ( eg if the pioneer logo appears on the screen i can see only the PIO the rest off the letters are out , or if the menu appears i can only see a part of it ( very wierd!!! ) i got to switch off the AVR and put it on again and the images are fine ,this does not happen on regular DVDS played on the onkyo DVDP---any feedback??

Look like a video setting problem in your AVR or Player, just double check that,have you selected the video screen ratio to 16:9 in both your Player as well as your AVR's setup menu? If thats selected properly then most probably its an issue with your Pioneer player for which you may need to perform the firmware upgrade to rectify this problem, Its happening due to the upscaling chip inside your Pioneer player.

Last edited:
Philips BDP7500 - ProductWiki unbiased product reviewsPhilips BDP3000 Blu-ray player - Pocket-lint

the basic model is the BDP 3000,profile 2.0, it is region C for BLU RAYS and multi REG for DVDS , priced @ 16k but u cud get it for a better price(14.5) if u look around , PQ/SQ is very good but it will not output DTS master Audio , also there are no multichannel out puts
the other model is BDP7500 , all audio formats , built in decoders with multichannel outs , comes in silver finish , priced @ 25k
also with these models u get a good quality Hdmi cable

sorry the quality of the hdmi cable that comes along with the philips BD player is not that good (looks good though), but when compared its very basic

Look like a video setting problem in your AVR or Player, just double check that,have you selected the video screen ratio to 16:9 in both your Player as well as your AVR's setup menu? If thats selected properly then most probably its an issue with your Pioneer player for which you may need to perform the firmware upgrade to rectify this problem, Its happening due to the upscaling chip inside your Pioneer player.

will definetly do the firmware upgrade ,the only issue is, as there is no internet @ the HT room i got to disconnect and carry the unit downstairs---

also another thing i did yday was locked the setting @ the AVR side ,let me check if this helps

Hi Ashish,

Can we get this Mod kit in the link(BD80 in my case) locally in India by any chance?

The kit is not avaliable in India but you can easily import it through this link:
Panasonic DMP-BD80 modification kit
Remember to make the payment through Paypal and Pay pal only as it safe guards you against online frauds and if in case you recieve a defective kit or don't recieve your kit at all then you have 45 days to claim back the refund of your full payment.

The process of soldering it would be provided to you with the kit and it requires 5 wires to be soldered to the main board of the player and is easy. Any body with the knowledge and knowhow of repairing a TV would be able to do it easily. I am also forwarding the link for the process of its modification which is the same for BD 60 and 80.
How to make your Panasonic BD60 or BD80 Blu-ray Player Multiregion - AVForums.com

The kit is not avaliable in India but you can easily import it through this link:
Remember to make the payment through Paypal and Pay pal only as it safe guards you against online frauds and if in case you recieve a defective kit or don't recieve your kit at all then you have 45 days to claim back the refund of your full payment.

The process of soldering it would be provided to you with the kit and it requires 5 wires to be soldered to the main board of the player and is easy. Any body with the knowledge and knowhow of repairing a TV would be able to do it easily. I am also forwarding the link for the process of its modification which is the same for BD 60 and 80.
How to make your Panasonic BD60 or BD80 Blu-ray Player Multiregion - AVForums.com

Thanks for the Quick response.

Last edited:

I ordered it and saw that these guys operating from Netherlands which is PAL country. I am worried, will there be any ISSUE like will work on PAL players only, mine is from USA(NTSC).
I have seen in Bluraymods.com where they are selling separate kit for Non PAL, hence bit worried.

I ordered it and saw that these guys operating from Netherlands which is PAL country. I am worried, will there be any ISSUE like will work on PAL players only, mine is from USA(NTSC).
I have seen in Bluraymods.com where they are selling separate kit for Non PAL, hence bit worried.

It is not much of a problem as I also inquired the same from them through email and they confirmed that it would work.

Guys,

Blu ray players (at least Panasonic)bought form USA are NTSC only.Won't play PAL DVDs.

Surprisingly except SONY, all other companies which label their DVDs as PAL format are actually NTSC.

When I check couple of PAL DVDs in laptop and disc info all these PAL labeled DVDs are showing as Format : NTSC , Resolution : 720 X 480 except one which has Format : PAL, Resolution : 720 X 576.This one I couldn't play in my US imported BD80.

Members who bought BD60 in India, please confirm is the BDP is both NTSC and PAL compatible?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back