Panasonic DMP-UB400 4K Player

Immu

Hi All any one got this Panasonic UB400 4k blu-ray player, please give in your comments how's the player, the best part is, it has the dedicated USB 3.0 port on the rear for HDD support but it does also say in the user manual if the HDD is not recognized please connect the power to the HDD, who has the powered HDD these days ?come on they should be kidding, please give in your reviews.

Immu, Thanks for your thread. I am still searching for a 4K UHD player. This one 47k (in Amazon) priced cheapest among all but still waiting for some first hand review. Right now I am playing 4K movies in TV from HDD. By the way what is its best price?

https://www.avforums.com/review/panasonic-dmp-ub400-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player-review.13699
I am playing the same way as you are from HDD to TV but now I've realised my TV's HDMI(ARC) support only DTS & Dolby Digital it does not support Dts-HD, HDMA & Dolby True-hd so I am desperately hunting for a Source to support all these formats from my HDD with a budget and an DVD player could be the best way for me to play ACD's as well,
The panasonic ub400 is available in ebay.in you can check for 23k

The Second option i was thinking of Nvidia Shield Tv or Xbox one s can some body suggest me which one would be better for my requirement.

Anyway Panasonic UB400 @ 23k is excellent. It will also take care of ACD. Then why you are going for Media Player way. What is lacking in UB 400.

Anyway Panasonic UB400 @ 23k is excellent. It will also take care of ACD. Then why you are going for Media Player way. What is lacking in UB 400.
Well I am not sure if it would support my 2TB HDD and play all format video files from my HDD and i am little confused, you can check my first post above.

But the best part of Panasonic player is they have USB 3.0 port to support HDD i could not see this option in any other Blu-ray players, but i could not see even an single review on this player with the HDD support yet.

Download manual from: https://www.panasonicstore.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/UB400-UB300.pdf
And at page 9, you can find Playable media. under which it has been mentioned that it supports 2TB HDD.
Also at page-5, it is written supporting USB-3 (HDD).
Another review: https://www.avforums.com/review/panasonic-dmp-ub400-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-player-review.13699
Ya i've seen all these manuals one thing i noticed it does not say if it support/play HEVC/H.265 file formats but sony ubp-x800 does.

The Second option i was thinking of Nvidia Shield Tv or Xbox one s can some body suggest me which one would be better for my requirement.
Even I am planning to get Nvidia Shield. Still confused on the quality, how good the performance is compared to a dedicated player / HTPC with good graphics card. Will Netflix ever add Dolby Atmos support to Shield? I understand it is very good for playing movies from NAS. How good it is for Prime, Netflix, Hotstar, etc - Is it future proof (4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, Atmos)?

Even I am planning to get Nvidia Shield. Still confused on the quality, how good the performance is compared to a dedicated player / HTPC with good graphics card. Will Netflix ever add Dolby Atmos support to Shield? I understand it is very good for playing movies from NAS. How good it is for Prime, Netflix, Hotstar, etc - Is it future proof (4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, Atmos)?
IMO If you visiting to US or Somebody getting from US Then Shield is worth it if not paying around 25k here in India I don't think it makes sense you can go for some other android TV Box instead.

IMO If you visiting to US or Somebody getting from US Then Shield is worth it if not paying around 25k here in India I don't think it makes sense you can go for some other android TV Box instead.
I decided to try myself, so got Nvidia Shield 16GB with controller last evening and it seems good. I don't have any content to see the real performance. Youtube is ok. Asphalt 8 was good for casual gaming. Not sure about if there is any good multiplayer racing games.

I didn't like the remote though, maybe I can use Harmony remote so it's fine I guess. Mostly I will keep it.

I decided to try myself, so got Nvidia Shield 16GB with controller last evening and it seems good. I don't have any content to see the real performance. Youtube is ok. Asphalt 8 was good for casual gaming. Not sure about if there is any good multiplayer racing games.

I didn't like the remote though, maybe I can use Harmony remote so it's fine I guess. Mostly I will keep it.
Congrats! Where did you buy from? How much did you pay?

I am also intrigued about the Universal Voltage. Can you please find out if the Shield supports that? Thanks

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back