Panasonic FX730D Feedback Thread

rajarshi_zma

Hi

I have just bought the Panasonic 55" FX730D from Amazon (Cloudtail India seller)
I have the following checklist in my mind

1. LED bleeding Test video run from Youtube
2. Local Dimming Test video run from Youtube
3. runtime duration check
4. Physical inspection to confirm returned/used product by anyother user.

I would like to get some suggestion from all the respective members if any other checklist to add. Incase you guys are aware of any TEST VIDEO link pls share.
Also is there anything specifically i need to check for Online products to ensure that its a brand new piece. Not any returned or display piece.

Can anybody share the steps to check the RUNTIME/POWERON time duration for PANASONIC.

Thanks in Advance.

Can anybody share the steps to check the RUNTIME/POWERON time duration for PANASONIC.
Please check this thread and see if it works.

Incase you guys are aware of any TEST VIDEO link pls share

It’s an old thread for calibrating plasma tv.

Update

1. The first model came from Amazon had some peculiar black spot on the back panel. I immediately returned it without installing & canceled the order from Amazon.
2. Went to Croma & they agreed to get the same model on same price as Amazon. In Bangalore they dint have a stock ; so they got the First unit from Hyderabad Warehouse delivered at my doorstep. Unfortunately the very first model from Croma had the same back panel issues and LED panel Vertical Banding . So Croma agreed to get me a replacement .
3. The 1st replacement from Croma again had the LCD Panel issue more than the first unit. This time Croma told that they dont have any more stock available for replacement . Now Panasonic told they will directly replace this 2nd faulty model from their Own Stock.
4. 2nd replacement came from Panasonic . This time i ignored the Back panel and was expecting that the LCD panel should be OK. But The 3rd TV has vertical banding existing.

Now i don't know what to do .. Should i chuck Panasonic and go ahead with any other Brand LED model !! What if the other brands LED has same Vertical Banding issues. !!IMG_20190713_114309~2.jpgIMG_20190619_105610~2.jpg

The same specification what i got from FX730D (100hz, WCG, frame Dimming) may not come within the same price bracket from other brands.

Can anybody suggest with their past experience !!

Attaching the Pictures for reference.

Update

1. The first model came from Amazon had some peculiar black spot on the back panel. I immediately returned it without installing & canceled the order from Amazon.
2. Went to Croma & they agreed to get the same model on same price as Amazon. In Bangalore they dint have a stock ; so they got the First unit from Hyderabad Warehouse delivered at my doorstep. Unfortunately the very first model from Croma had the same back panel issues and LED panel Vertical Banding . So Croma agreed to get me a replacement .
3. The 1st replacement from Croma again had the LCD Panel issue more than the first unit. This time Croma told that they dont have any more stock available for replacement . Now Panasonic told they will directly replace this 2nd faulty model from their Own Stock.
4. 2nd replacement came from Panasonic . This time i ignored the Back panel and was expecting that the LCD panel should be OK. But The 3rd TV has vertical banding existing.

Now i don't know what to do .. Should i chuck Panasonic and go ahead with any other Brand LED model !! What if the other brands LED has same Vertical Banding issues. !!View attachment 37318View attachment 37319

The same specification what i got from FX730D (100hz, WCG, frame Dimming) may not come within the same price bracket from other brands.

My Panasonic plasma GT50 bought in 2011 suffered similar issues. The dealer replaced the first unit. Vertical bands reappeared in the new unit, and Panasonic replaced the panel alone 2 more times in the 3 year warranty period. After warranty lapsed, the final panel too has banding, but I'm so used to them, it has become part of the TV viewing experience :)
I don't know if the issue is due to poor QA from the manufacturer, defective batch, or the dust & moisture situation in my home, so can't comment on that.

This is drty screen effect. Even high-end Samsung QLEDs have it. OLEDs have banding issues between 5-25% grey too, but that's a different. Point is that no matter what TV you get from what brand, there will be a lottery involved. As long as don't notice it while I watching content, ignore it.

Hi

I have just bought the Panasonic 55" FX730D from Amazon (Cloudtail India seller)
I have the following checklist in my mind

1. LED bleeding Test video run from Youtube
2. Local Dimming Test video run from Youtube
3. runtime duration check
4. Physical inspection to confirm returned/used product by anyother user.

I would like to get some suggestion from all the respective members if any other checklist to add. Incase you guys are aware of any TEST VIDEO link pls share.
Also is there anything specifically i need to check for Online products to ensure that its a brand new piece. Not any returned or display piece.

Thanks in Advance.
Hi,
I'd appreciate it if you could kindly share the performance of Panasonic 55FX730D particularly on the picture quality. Hope it works with no banding issues as reported by some users. How are SD and low resolution contents played with upscaling? Is local dimming effective with Edge lit LEDs on this model. Thanks in advance.

Update

Now i don't know what to do .. Should i chuck Panasonic and go ahead with any other Brand LED model !! What if the other brands LED has same Vertical Banding issues. !!View attachment 37318View attachment 37319

Hi,

Could you manage to get the banding issue resolved on FX730D and would you recommend this model or ? Please let me know your views. Thanks

Hi,

Could you manage to get the banding issue resolved on FX730D and would you recommend this model or ? Please let me know your views. Thanks

NO .. This banding is not gonna resolve... Panasonic is in refund mode. Its been 4+ months and i observed the bandings is a bit decreased or may be my eyesight is adjusted to it . Anyway those are visible whenever any uniform background scene pops up.

below is the feedback.

1. Design :Good. It has gunmetal thin bezzel .. Looks premium. couple of USB /HDMI are side mounted . its a Edge lit ; so width is on the thinner side.
2. Build Quality: Not so good. .. Edge leds are visible from Bezzel gaps.(This may vary unit to unit ). Back Cover quality you can see in the pic above. Overall Poor QC.
3.Picture :
Blacklevel: Average. Individual object Darkness/Black is good and proper. Overall Black depth throughout the screen is less. But this not something you cant live without.

Color : Awesome. It is pure Bliss. The kind of Natural color reproduction it does ; I will keep it on top of any other big brand LED TVs. I was looking for a replacement TV and went to multiple showrooms . I checked LG SM9000, SONY 8500 , 9500 ; but believed me .. back of my mind i was comparing the color-reproduction with Panasonic. After coming back to home when again i watched 730d ; it gave me a feeling that its the best . 4.**74 firmware i used to set the calibration as per FlatpanelsHD recommendation. New Firmware 4.***97 "True Cinema" is perfect and Natural OOTB.
Motion : Firmware 4.***74 had the fluidic motion. In that firmware i used to keep all the motion feature to off ( intelligent framerate, clear motion etc ) . Last month it got an update to 4.***97 ; that introduced stutter. It was so pathetic that after the update i got a headache for watching it more than 5 min. Now i made the Intelligent frame rate to "Min" ; still the Stutter are there. If i change the frame rate to "Mid/High" ; it gives a Soap Opera Effect. CLear Motion is Kept OFF. This new firmware just ruined the motion which was perfect .

HDR : It is excellent . I frequently playHD10 & HDR10+ content. HDR & SDR has different picture settings. It activates based on the content i play. Panasonic has given Autobrightness adjustment for HDR as well. That is very helpful while watching any HDR content in a dark/mildly darkroom.Otherwise HDR mode may blind your eyes with the lights emitted from the panel . In HDR mode the black level is also excellent ; ad i never feel the lack of black level in HDR.

Sharpness: This TV has top of the line IPS panel. What i observed that LG IPS panel, SAMSUNG VA, SONY VA panels creates more sharper picture. Panasonic Pictures are on the softerside ; eventually it makes the picture soothing and creates better depth of the Object. Dont know if Panasonic uses any kind extra layer behind the actual Panel to make the picture more natural . I like it .

Local Dimming : This is an EDGE lit Panel . It has Frame Dimming ; I keep it to low. if i keep the dimming to mid/high ..During Panning scenes which has bright /dark areas both ; The dark areas gets some micro flashing kind of effect.

4. Smartness: It has Linux based OS. Netflix/Prime/youtube are available. Hardly anyother apps are available. For me this 3 apps makes my day.Netflix recommened TV it is. HDR are awesome. recently i played our planet and was awstruck by the HDR depth . Best part is this TV takes 2 seconds to switch On and start playing. It can start playing from the point where you have left in the middle of a video even after a day on standby. Navigation is very Fast .It support Alexa/Google Assistant though i have not tried.

5. Sound: 20 watt speaker does its Job in my 20 * 12 " room. If you expect to have crunchy Bass; then External Speaker is mandatory. It has 2 way bluetooth; and connects immediately with the existing paired speakers & headphones.

6.Wifi : 2.4 Ghz band and Very Stable.

Verdict : If you can ignore the banding thing . This is the best TV you can get within 1 lakh budget.

Last edited:
NO .. This banding is not gonna resolve... Panasonic is in refund mode. Its been 4+ months and i observed the bandings is a bit decreased or may be my eyesight is adjusted to it . Anyway those are visible whenever any uniform background scene pops up.

below is the feedback.

1. Design :Good. It has gunmetal thin bezzel .. Looks premium. couple of USB /HDMI are side mounted . its a Edge lit ; so width is on the thinner side.
2. Build Quality: Not so good. .. Edge leds are visible from Bezzel gaps.(This may vary unit to unit ). Back Cover quality you can see in the pic above. Overall Poor QC.
3.Picture :
Blacklevel: Average. Individual object Darkness/Black is good and proper. Overall Black depth throughout the screen is less. But this not something you cant live without.

Color : Awesome. It is pure Bliss. The kind of Natural color reproduction it does ; I will keep it on top of any other big brand LED TVs. I was looking for a replacement TV and went to multiple showrooms . I checked LG SM9000, SONY 8500 , 9500 ; but believed me .. back of my mind i was comparing the color-reproduction with Panasonic. After coming back to home when again i watched 730d ; it gave me a feeling that its the best . 4.**74 firmware i used to set the calibration as per FlatpanelsHD recommendation. New Firmware 4.***97 "True Cinema" is perfect and Natural OOTB.
Motion : Firmware 4.***74 had the fluidic motion. In that firmware i used to keep all the motion feature to off ( intelligent framerate, clear motion etc ) . Last month it got an update to 4.***97 ; that introduced stutter. It was so pathetic that after the update i got a headache for watching it more than 5 min. Now i made the Intelligent frame rate to "Min" ; still the Stutter are there. If i change the frame rate to "Mid/High" ; it gives a Soap Opera Effect. CLear Motion is Kept OFF. This new firmware just ruined the motion which was perfect .

HDR : It is excellent . I frequently playHD10 & HDR10+ content. HDR & SDR has different picture settings. It activates based on the content i play. Panasonic has given Autobrightness adjustment for HDR as well. That is very helpful while watching any HDR content in a dark/mildly darkroom.Otherwise HDR mode may blind your eyes with the lights emitted from the panel . In HDR mode the black level is also excellent ; ad i never feel the lack of black level in HDR.

Sharpness: This TV has top of the line IPS panel. What i observed that LG IPS panel, SAMSUNG VA, SONY VA panels creates more sharper picture. Panasonic Pictures are on the softerside ; eventually it makes the picture soothing and creates better depth of the Object. Dont know if Panasonic uses any kind extra layer behind the actual Panel to make the picture more natural . I like it .

Local Dimming : This is an EDGE lit Panel . It has Frame Dimming ; I keep it to low. if i keep the dimming to mid/high ..During Panning scenes which has bright /dark areas both ; The dark areas gets some micro flashing kind of effect.

4. Smartness: It has Linux based OS. Netflix/Prime/youtube are available. Hardly anyother apps are available. For me this 3 apps makes my day.Netflix recommened TV it is. HDR are awesome. recently i played our planet and was awstruck by the HDR depth . Best part is this TV takes 2 seconds to switch On and start playing. It can start playing from the point where you have left in the middle of a video even after a day on standby. Navigation is very Fast .It support Alexa/Google Assistant though i have not tried.

5. Sound: 20 watt speaker does its Job in my 20 * 12 " room. If you expect to have crunchy Bass; then External Speaker is mandatory. It has 2 way bluetooth; and connects immediately with the existing paired speakers & headphones.

6.Wifi : 2.4 Ghz band and Very Stable.

Verdict : If you can ignore the banding thing . This is the best TV you can get within 1 lakh budget.
Hi,
Thanks a lot for your prompt and feedback in great detail. What about upscaling capability FX730D? If you have had a chance to look at Panasonic FX650D (IPS Panel with DLED and adaptive backlight control), how did you compare it to FX730D? Would you suggest LG UM7300PTA or Sony X7002F over Panasonic FX730D? I'm looking at 49" (or 55" depending upon the deal) in 45k to 55k and these are the models fall under this range. Hope only single band WiFi support on Panasonic FX730D won't be a major drawback. Panasonic 49 inch FX730D is available for about 40k on TataCliq. Any other suggestions on other brands also welcome. Thanks again for your response.

Upscaling is Excellent . 720P, 1080P is close to 4K(minus Sharpness) . 360P /480P is very good.

FX730D capabilities are way above than FX650D; there is no comparison.

If you want to check other brands; check the models below

LG 8100/8600
Samsung 7470
Sony 8000G/8500F

Lucky UK Panasonic OLED owners.Seems like their sound issues with the GZ series are sorted with the latest firmware including significant sound improvements. Now Panny why can't you just release them in India?

Upscaling is Excellent . 720P, 1080P is close to 4K(minus Sharpness) . 360P /480P is very good.

FX730D capabilities are way above than FX650D; there is no comparison.

If you want to check other brands; check the models below

LG 8100/8600
Samsung 7470
Sony 8000G/8500F
Hi,
Thanks for your quick response. If available could you please share resources/links to get resources (sample test videos) for checking banding effect, LED bleeding issue, unit's past runtime etc.

Hi,
Thanks for your quick response. If available could you please share resources/links to get resources (sample test videos) for checking banding effect, LED bleeding issue, unit's past runtime etc.
Just search in youtube with the following keywords " 1.grey screen test 2. Oled banding test 3.green color test 4. White background 5. Screen bleeding test "

You will get the desired links

HI @Abhi Prakash Have you bought the TV else go grab the FX730 before its stocks out.

I retured the FX730D & got 55C9 . It is proved that FX730D picture was on of the finest .
If i take 55C9 picture rating 100 ; FX730D will be 90 . the 10 point i deduct for the Black level.
At times; during some videos i feel FX730D color/brightness calibration was better.

on the upscalling front 730D beats the C9 hands down. Panasonics upscalling algorithms are way superior.

FX730D, FX800D has the same processing algorithms . FX800 was the most expensive LED last year costlier than the FZ950.
GX800D is the rebadged FX730D with addition of HCX /Dolby .

Go grab it or GX800D . This is coming from a person who has extensively used the FX730D and using C9 now.

HI @Abhi Prakash Have you bought the TV else go grab the FX730 before its stocks out.

I retured the FX730D & got 55C9 . It is proved that FX730D picture was on of the finest .
If i take 55C9 picture rating 100 ; FX730D will be 90 . the 10 point i deduct for the Black level.
At times; during some videos i feel FX730D color/brightness calibration was better.

on the upscalling front 730D beats the C9 hands down. Panasonics upscalling algorithms are way superior.

FX730D, FX800D has the same processing algorithms . FX800 was the most expensive LED last year costlier than the FZ950.
GX800D is the rebadged FX730D with addition of HCX /Dolby .

Go grab it or GX800D . This is coming from a person who has extensively used the FX730D and using C9 now.
Hi,
Thanks for your time to respond. I got Panasonic FX730D. I have played few sample 4K UHD videos from YouTube When it was playing I looked at Picture setting options but I found HDR menu is not enabled, I mean it appears but couldn't select it for on/off. How do I access HDR settings please? Thanks again in advance for your inputs.

Hi,
Thanks for your time to respond. I got Panasonic FX730D. I have played few sample 4K UHD videos from YouTube When it was playing I looked at Picture setting options but I found HDR menu is not enabled, I mean it appears but couldn't select it for on/off. How do I access HDR settings please? Thanks again in advance for your inputs.

HDR options a re auto enabled when the TV plays actual HDR videos.
Search youtube with the following keywords. "HDR X" , "4K HDR movie clips" etc

How is the hdr performance of fx730/gx800 and what price should i expect for a 55inch?

Looking for a good hdr performing tv below 1L, preferably 70-80k

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back