Panasonic P42V20 Vision Problem Callibration

krunal161

Guys,
It has been 2+ weeks, I got my Plasma but I am not much convinced with the picture quality of P42V20D. :-(

I know, I have not been able to setup video settings correctly, I tried lot many ways..I tried, True Cinema, Dynamic, normal, etc..
I changed colors, sharpness (doesn't seem any change if I change this component), Contrast, brightness but I cant find one proper setting which could be applied to all..

Many guys said that you need to calibrate but I am not able to find, how could I do that?
Besides, one guy asked to change Gama, RGB component, I can't find such things in my TV..I have bought TV from Panasonic Brand shop and a guy who came to install TV, just installed and went away..

Please help me..

Cheers,
Krunal

Hi,

Found this link Panasonic V20. It contains some settings.

Profile: Professional1
Contrast 36
Brightness: 0
Colour: 30
Sharpness: 0
Vivid Color: Off
Eco mode On/Off
Intelligent Frame Creation Off
P-NR Off
Gamma 2.2
R-Gain: -1
G-Gain: -1
B-Gain: +6
R-Cutoff: 0
G-Cutoff: 0
B-Cutoff: +1

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Shray

Last edited:
I am not sure whether these calibrations would give correct results. Because the US/UK panel is "Infinite Black Pro" and Asian panel is "Infinite Black".

So better bet would be to also have a look at the calibration settings for Panasonic G20 series which has "Infinite Black" panel.

Last edited:
I am not sure whether these calibrations would give correct results. Because the US/UK panel is "Infinite Black Pro" and Asian panel is "Infinite Black".

So better bet would be to also have a look at the calibration settings for Panasonic G20 series which has "Infinite Black" panel.

As suggested by Guru, found the link for calibration settings of the G20.

Thanks,
Shray

Guys,
It has been 2+ weeks, I got my Plasma but I am not much convinced with the picture quality of P42V20D. :-(

I know, I have not been able to setup video settings correctly, I tried lot many ways..I tried, True Cinema, Dynamic, normal, etc..
I changed colors, sharpness (doesn't seem any change if I change this component), Contrast, brightness but I cant find one proper setting which could be applied to all..

Many guys said that you need to calibrate but I am not able to find, how could I do that?
Besides, one guy asked to change Gama, RGB component, I can't find such things in my TV..I have bought TV from Panasonic Brand shop and a guy who came to install TV, just installed and went away..

Please help me..

Cheers,
Krunal

Did you demo the set properly before deciding on this set, are you trying to get a proper setting for DTH transmission esp TS ? .. if yes my friend no set in the market has a proper setting or option to correct the transmission belted out by the DTH providers, almost all channels have different color temp, contrast ratio , scaling ..etc ... :mad:

It is purely depended on the broadcast\source, the same holds good no matter what panel you pick up. Try enabling IFSCC in setup menu and access proff 1 & 2 then try to adjust the settings. If you are still unsatisfied you need to demo the same source on a different panel to confirm that V20 doesnt meet your standards.

And please stick to this thread :http://www.hifivision.com/televisio...ttings-problems-impressions-questions-28.html

Guys,
I have P42V20D..
I dont know if there's any difference between P42V20 and P42V20D..

I visited Panasonic shop and saw few channels and was impressed with its results..

But certainly, I am not able to find Gama settings which you guys just showed to me.. Not able to find "Professional1" profile even.. May be I'm too naive but not able to find these settings menu..

I am using Airtel DTH with my Plasma...If I set a good color/contrast for one channel, it doesnt work for other.. :(

Hi Krunal,

Here is the link to the manual.

Page 23 explains how to use the menu functions

Page 34 explains how to access / change advanced picture settings

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Shray

Krunal , can you let us know what is the source for which you are trying to adjust the settings. e.g : DTH, BD player, media player, analog cable transmission .. ..etc ... Pls bear in mind the If you are looking for one setting that fits all channels broadcast-ed via DTH then its futile, even on my CRT i see obvious differences in the way the parameters differ betwen channels.

Remember settings differ even based on the source like i have a particular setting for my PS3, another one for my dvd Player the TV remembers the individual settings based on the source. But DTH is a diff ball game altogether .

Last edited:
I am looking for my airtel DTH settings..

HD movies played at best level in my TV in Normal mode even..So I am not worried about movies..All I am worried about is TV Channels through DTH..

I dont have HD STB..

Am on TS HD so i doubt if my settings will work for you, my suggestion pls get TS as some people who owned both have commented previously that SD channels tend to look better on the HDMI box from TS when compared to Aitel ... i have both SD and HD boxes never bothered to verify this claim though.

But all said and done quality of DTH broadcast from all providers in India leaves a sour taste :mad:

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back