Panasonic's New Indian 100 mn Production Facility 2011

Gfreeman

Panasonic is expected to start a new 100 mn dollar production facility in India in 2011. It could be the 6th production facility in the country. Hope it means Panasonic is taking India seriously.
The Economic Times article says Panasonic thinks plasma has a bigger "potential"in India than China

Last edited:
I beg to differ, plasmas are still selling quite a lot in US and are not getting phased out.

The sales of plasma is still good and the volumes are huge, most of the av forums in UK and USA have huge posts and threads on the same.

So for now i don't think they will get phased out so soon.

Specially with the new neo panels the life and power consumption has improved and they are gaining popularity.

well plasmas will continue to sell post 2012,but their sales are decling every year.they currently maintaing the price vs size edge against lcds,but that will change soon.by next year we will see lcds priced the same as plasmas atleast in the 40/42inch segment.so as long as plasmas have the price edge they will find buyers especialy in countries like india,where most care about bigger size vs PQ,this was the same in CRT days where people used to prefer a bigger 29inch BPL,onida,videcon etc for the same or cheaper compared to a sony 21inch.

well plasmas will continue to sell post 2012,but their sales are decling every year.they currently maintaing the price vs size edge against lcds,but that will change soon.by next year we will see lcds priced the same as plasmas atleast in the 40/42inch segment.so as long as plasmas have the price edge they will find buyers especialy in countries like india,where most care about bigger size vs PQ,this was the same in CRT days where people used to prefer a bigger 29inch BPL,onida,videcon etc for the same or cheaper compared to a sony 21inch.

I don't completely agree that it's a bigger size v PQ decision. Most folks (such as those in this forum) who actually buy plasmas (going against all sales push at retail stores) are the ones who value the PQ of plasmas and not just the price.

I don't completely agree that it's a bigger size v PQ decision. Most folks (such as those in this forum) who actually buy plasmas (going against all sales push at retail stores) are the ones who value the PQ of plasmas and not just the price.

true,but the the world is bigger then this forum. obviously people in forum know a thing or two about the need for better PQ which is one of reason they even registered be it for audio stuff or the video stuff.

I second the thought. Plasmas produce a much better PQ than the LCD and are ideal for a lot of reasons which must have been discussed threadbare in the forum

true,but the the world is bigger then this forum. obviously people in forum know a thing or two about the need for better PQ which is one of reason they even registered be it for audio stuff or the video stuff.

Agree with the above thoughts.

I second the thought. Plasmas produce a much better PQ than the LCD and are ideal for a lot of reasons which must have been discussed threadbare in the forum

well u cant say plasma produce better PQ then lcds,since i and whole lot of others can say lcds produce better PQ then plasmas.
u can only point outs pros and cons,since none is perfect.

well u cant say plasma produce better PQ then lcds,since i and whole lot of others can say lcds produce better PQ then plasmas.
u can only point outs pros and cons,since none is perfect.

I agree and it's a done a dusted topic.. there are merits and demerits to individual sets (plasmas or LCDs), some of which is again subjective depending upon individual preference and usage requirements..

anyway, more investment in technology (lcd or plasma) and production facilities near home is good news..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back