Panoview screen

Had a word with Ved systems yesterday and no further reduction is possible on the 120" screen irrespective of number of screens we order. So I will be placing my order next week and anyone interested can quote my name saying we had negotiated 13K+taxes for the 120". His normal selling rate is 13.5K+taxes.
Thanks,
Manish

Probably, I will place my order next week too. Can you please share the contact details, Manish?

Folks, the screen is really huge and heavy. You just cannot transport it on your own unless you have a jeep or some other open vehicle. Hire a luggage auto to your place. If Mahesh ships via bus, it will land in K.R Market. Easy to find luggage autos there.

Folks, the screen is really huge and heavy. You just cannot transport it on your own unless you have a jeep or some other open vehicle. Hire a luggage auto to your place. If Mahesh ships via bus, it will land in K.R Market. Easy to find luggage autos there.

Santosh,
He has committed to door deliver the screen to my home for no extra cost :). He did say that he can also send via travels and I have to collect it which I didnt wanna do. Apart from additional expense its a pain to deal with the luggage auto guys.
_M

Santosh,
He has committed to door deliver the screen to my home for no extra cost :). He did say that he can also send via travels and I have to collect it which I didnt wanna do. Apart from additional expense its a pain to deal with the luggage auto guys.
_M
Wow, you have a good deal on your hands. I went through hell getting the screen to reach home. Havoc included getting someone else's goods delivered to my place, re-opening of cargo office at 10:30 in the night and paying high price to the luggage auto etc. But all is well that ends well I guess:)

Need inputs here, Looks like Ved Info systems the Optoma dealer has run out of 120" manual pull down screens and only has 106". I want at least 120" and need suggestions from members who are using alternatives.
My requirement is atleast 120", manual pull down, matt white, 16:9 format screen. Max budget around 14K all inclusive.
-Manish

I think lot of guys are in the market for screen ... Good sign... Why cant you guy start an group buy for that to procure from outside india... Why depend on one company... Come on:clapping:

Santhosh!!!

This may be the right time for me to put my 120" motorized screen on bidding;)

Just bought a 150" diagonal grandview 4:3 screen and got it installed last week. Watched Hurt Locker & Fast & Furious HD rips was blown away by the PQ it was awesome.

Even the 106" screen is also not in stock now with them:sad:
Hmm thats bad, but on the bright side looks like there are lots of HT coming up in India.
Group buy is a good option, any ideas about where we can source these from?
As of now I have a need, Govind needs one and might need atleast few more for it to be cost effective.

Owing to this I have almost decided to go ahead with a fixed screen (paint wall!) till they come back in stock
-Manish

Just bought a 150" diagonal grandview 4:3 screen and got it installed last week. Watched Hurt Locker & Fast & Furious HD rips was blown away by the PQ it was awesome.

Congrats Dushie,,,, Can imagine how beautiful it will be. Cars and bullet will fly from the screen..Enjoy:clapping:

Yeah I checked Grandview as well, but the unavailability of 16:9 formats put me off. How much did you pay and where did you buy it from.
There are no 16:9 screens available anywhere:sad:
-M

I ordered all the stuff from Mirdul, he got it installed and set up for me.
paid around 20k for the same with the mount & installation.

I was looking for a 16:9 too , but was not getting anything above 120" Diagonal in the budget.

So went for a 4:3 - 150'' diagonal on which i am getting a 16:9 - 130" diagonal image.

Last edited:
I think lot of guys are in the market for screen ... Good sign... Why cant you guy start an group buy for that to procure from outside india... Why depend on one company... Come on:clapping:

Santhosh!!!

This may be the right time for me to put my 120" motorized screen on bidding;)
You are right Srini. Numbers are required if we have to import the screen ourselves. You may be able to guide the others about how to order from abroad.

Srini, don't let go of your screen. Not after all the hassle you took to procure it:)

I ordered all the stuff from Mirdul, he got it installed and set up for me.
paid around 20k for the same with the mount & installation.

I was looking for a 16:9 too , but was not getting anything above 120" Diagonal in the budget.

So went for a 4:3 - 150'' diagonal on which i am getting a 16:9 - 130" diagonal image.
Congrats Dushie, would like to drop in for a demo. What is the projector to screen distance for getting a 130 inch image?

Hi Santhol

The projector is roughly 16' away from the screen to get the 130" projected image.

Santhol : i was not able to find the economy mode option anywhere in the HD 20 menu, currently i am using it in Cinema mode with bright mode off.
Is there a option of economy mode to enable or the standard mode itself is the economy one.

Lamp Life and Type 230W P-VIP -Estimated at 4000/3000 Hours (STD/Bright)

Wherever i checked it says standard mode and bright mode.

Last edited:
Hi Santhol

The projector is roughly 16' away from the screen to get the 130" projected image.

Santhol : i was not able to find the economy mode option anywhere in the HD 20 menu, currently i am using it in Cinema mode with bright mode off.
Is there a option of economy mode to enable or the standard mode itself is the economy one.

Lamp Life and Type 230W P-VIP -Estimated at 4000/3000 Hours (STD/Bright)

Wherever i checked it says standard mode and bright mode.
Thanks Dushie, will check and confirm when I switch on my projector during the weekend. I use the standard mode with my settings which include higher brightness:lol:.

I'ev finally decided to go with wall painting option as of now. Two main reasons behind this:
1. Panoview screen is not in stock
2. I'm not sure what size I will be comfortable with as this is my first venture. I will try various sizes and then decide which one before I go for expensive screens.

So, I will be starting with 120" screen as that is the max size I can go with considering the size of my wall. I will be using Birla putty (white cement based) and will be using either Jotun or Asian Paint on top of that. I'm expecting this to be ready in a week or so...

Govind,
I too decided against a screen mainly for the lack of availability. Do keep us posted on your approach and the final outcome. I will start my work on the painted screen in another 2 weeks time.
Would be interested to know the material used, as well as time and money spent.
-Manish

friends,

I'm getting a quote of Rs. 13,500 + Taxes for a panoview matt white 106" 16:9 manual pull down screen from Ved Information Systems in Hyderabad. Including tax it should be about 15k+. Any idea how this deal is? is it worth?

Anyone have come across a better price?

Thanks,
govind.

hi govind

i guess the quote is high

the best offer through a distributor for the panoview screens--

120''/16;9 --13.2k
106'' /16;9'---9.5k
100"/16;9 --7.9k
120'' /4;3--9.7k

rates are inclusive of all
was unable to reach the guy on phone today will confirm on availability soon

Yeah I checked Grandview as well, but the unavailability of 16:9 formats put me off. How much did you pay and where did you buy it from.
There are no 16:9 screens available anywhere:sad:
-M

on comparing the 120" /4:3 and 120" 16:9

the difference is very minimal
-16:9 screen has black painted on top portion
-the diagonal length obtained in both 4:3 and 16:9 when an image of 16:9 projected is same ie 120"
-further the 4:3 screen can be adjusted for any aspects and comes much cheaper

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back