Panoview screen

I don't have much idea about screens, and I will be looking for one in a few months. But, I thought of this general advice to myself and to everyone else interested in screens.

Irrespective of how well you care for your screens and look after them, in some 2 years or so, the screen will lose it's whiteness and get smudges/stains of some kind. The best will be change the screen, say once in two years. Given this assumption, it is better to look for screens that do not cost too much.

Projector Central has a lot of details on screens, though mostly on the ones that are available in the US. many of them are available here also today, though they are expensive. Best would be to understand the technology and look for a Indian equivalent.

If some one can do a bit of work and explain the screen types and what they mean, it will be great. My apologies if someone has already done that.

Cheers

Never had any issues with screens , have been using pull down screen since 10yrs only reason i changed it only once was to go for a bigger screen

on comparing the 120" /4:3 and 120" 16:9

the difference is very minimal
-16:9 screen has black painted on top portion
-the diagonal length obtained in both 4:3 and 16:9 when an image of 16:9 projected is same ie 120"
-further the 4:3 screen can be adjusted for any aspects and comes much cheaper

I second Subhash on the same i was in the same dilemma. As i wanted a 130" diagonal 16:9 screen. But was not able to get my hands on one.

So in the end went for a 150" diagonal 4:3 screen and i am very happy with the decision i made.

Can watch 4:3 content. The screen height is adjustable. for 16:9 image i just pull the screen till the height i want. Only on the top i do not have the black strip. That does not effect me much and i can live with it. Also i got the screen mounted directly on the ceiling and did not need to worry about hanging the same with hooks or other stuff.

In the end i am getting a 130" diagonal 16:9 image which is what i was looking for.

only 92" 16:9 panoview available @ the moment

110"/120" 16:9 Matt white screens from company called Neptune are available @ aprox 9/9.5k

if interested will PM no:

only 92" 16:9 panoview available @ the moment

110"/120" 16:9 Matt white screens from company called Neptune are available @ aprox 9/9.5k

if interested will PM no:

I really appreciate your proactive help, Subhash!

at present, I'll hold on the decision for some time. I have started with the work on painted wall option. will experiment and see what size i would finally buy. Hope Panoview stocks would be available by then!

I second Subhash on the same i was in the same dilemma. As i wanted a 130" diagonal 16:9 screen. But was not able to get my hands on one.

So in the end went for a 150" diagonal 4:3 screen and i am very happy with the decision i made.

Can watch 4:3 content. The screen height is adjustable. for 16:9 image i just pull the screen till the height i want. Only on the top i do not have the black strip. That does not effect me much and i can live with it. Also i got the screen mounted directly on the ceiling and did not need to worry about hanging the same with hooks or other stuff.

In the end i am getting a 130" diagonal 16:9 image which is what i was looking for.

Dushie, would like to see a picture each of both 4:3 and 16:9 and also how you have mounted it. Thanks.

Hi Santhol
They have used bolt and nut and it is directly mounted on the ceiling with the clamps.
Will try and get a picture for the mounted screen.

Hello Venkatcr,

Welcome to the world of ultimate home cinema via projector though it surprises me that it took you so long to take a call but i as your student can tell that you will deeply regret that why were you watching movies all this while on TV via DVD player. I can assure you that in your life you will never watch a movie on TV, once you have seen the power of a projector and screen.

Please be assured that you are on a fantastic wrong track that screens looses it's whiteness followed with stains etc therefore it should be changed every 2 years, i will put my experience on this based on over my 3 years use of my 2 screens 4 x 3, 16 x 9.

In the first place one should go for the screens which are among the brand leaders, once the movie is over there will be several of them who may not roll the screen up and let it be down for days, screen is like a virgin, one should not touch it with hands, while we see guests, children want to touch the screen, when the screen is down, never ever one should open the windows, for me this is not a issue because i do not have a window though i had a huge windows, but i got them sealed with brick and cement, i call this the passion to compete with a actual theatre. Moreover my dalite screen has the trigger facility, once the projector is on the screen automatically comes down and similarly when i off the projector the screen automatically goes up.

The other screen which i have will last for life time though it is very expensive, it is fibre based, it is a class apart, i had it imported from Denmark.

V.

I don't have much idea about screens, and I will be looking for one in a few months. But, I thought of this general advice to myself and to everyone else interested in screens.

Irrespective of how well you care for your screens and look after them, in some 2 years or so, the screen will lose it's whiteness and get smudges/stains of some kind. The best will be change the screen, say once in two years. Given this assumption, it is better to look for screens that do not cost too much.

Projector Central has a lot of details on screens, though mostly on the ones that are available in the US. many of them are available here also today, though they are expensive. Best would be to understand the technology and look for a Indian equivalent.

If some one can do a bit of work and explain the screen types and what they mean, it will be great. My apologies if someone has already done that.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hello Venkatcr,

Welcome to the world of ultimate home cinema via projector though it surprises me that it took you so long to take a call but i as your student can tell that you will deeply regret that why were you watching movies all this while on TV via DVD player. I can assure you that in your life you will never watch a movie on TV, once you have seen the power of a projector and screen.

Please be assured that you are on a fantastic wrong track that screens looses it's whiteness followed with stains etc therefore it should be changed every 2 years, i will put my experience on this based on over my 3 years use of my 2 screens 4 x 3, 16 x 9.

In the first place one should go for the screens which are among the brand leaders, once the movie is over there will be several of them who may not roll the screen up and let it be down for days, screen is like a virgin, one should not touch it with hands, while we see guests, children want to touch the screen, when the screen is down, never ever one should open the windows, for me this is not a issue because i do not have a window though i had a huge windows, but i got them sealed with brick and cement, i call this the passion to compete with a actual theatre. Moreover my dalite screen has the trigger facility, once the projector is on the screen automatically comes down and similarly when i off the projector the screen automatically goes up.

The other screen which i have will last for life time though it is very expensive, it is fibre based, it is a class apart, i had it imported from Denmark.

V.

absolutely true ,very well said vinay,
once hooked to a screen and PJ you will never watch a movie on a TV/plasma/LCD etc etc

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back