Panoview screen

govindp

friends,

I'm getting a quote of Rs. 13,500 + Taxes for a panoview matt white 106" 16:9 manual pull down screen from Ved Information Systems in Hyderabad. Including tax it should be about 15k+. Any idea how this deal is? is it worth?

Anyone have come across a better price?

Thanks,
govind.

Like I mentioned over PM, even I paid the same amount. ~15.5k landed price in Bangalore. Mahesh from Ved IT is a nice chap to deal with.

any ideas on screen material..
if i want to build a 125" custom screen with high gain VFM, what material should i go for?

I negotiated a price of 13K+12.5% taxes (delivery to BLR) for 120" Panoview screen with him just a few days back. I am sure there is scope for a better price if a few of us get together.
-Manish

I negotiated a price of 13K+12.5% taxes (delivery to BLR) for 120" Panoview screen with him just a few days back. I am sure there is scope for a better price if a few of us get together.
-Manish

count me in if it is a fixed frame 120" high gain..

Jayad08, Do you know the model no from their site?

I was talking about 120" manual pull down. My requirement is after 3-4 weeks, are you willing to wait that long?

Lets wait for Govind's response, that would make it three of us.
-Manish

Jayad08, Do you know the model no from their site?

I was talking about 120" manual pull down. My requirement is after 3-4 weeks, are you willing to wait that long?

Lets wait for Govind's response, that would make it three of us.
-Manish

well i checked their site..
Optoma India | Hitachi India | Infocus India | Projectors | LCD | DLP | Authorized Dealer | Authorizad Service Centre | Distributor | Home Theatre | ANSI Lumens | Contrast Ratio |Panoview Projection Screens | Ved Information Systems Pvt Ltd (Optoma I
they only have motorized or pull down.. no fixed frame..
I will give a call to them today and confirm..

jayad08,
When you speak to them, do mention that there might be three of us (fixed frame for you), 120" manual pull down for me and one for Govind.
Nego the price based on this.
-Manish

For fixed screen option, my advise is not to invest money for screen better is wall painted / Asian Paints Interior wall finish-Matt./ Accurate results as per the Matt white screen supplied by vendors... May be some other paints can give some shiny looks which can give high gain, not tried it.

If you need high gain look out for some other silver paint/goo paint available in USA or buy a roll of glass bead screen material( from usa) with high gain and and make frame of yourself.

Regards

If you just need the cloth locally try out Zoher and co in Mumbai. When I checked with them in Dec for manual pull down they had quoted 10500 and 11900 for 1.5 gain 117" and 135" respectively + taxes. The matt white ones were 2K less for each of these sizes.

I have not got any info on their quality (build and picture). Lots of member here have talked about them but not sure if anyone is using the screens.

I don't have much idea about screens, and I will be looking for one in a few months. But, I thought of this general advice to myself and to everyone else interested in screens.

Irrespective of how well you care for your screens and look after them, in some 2 years or so, the screen will lose it's whiteness and get smudges/stains of some kind. The best will be change the screen, say once in two years. Given this assumption, it is better to look for screens that do not cost too much.

Projector Central has a lot of details on screens, though mostly on the ones that are available in the US. many of them are available here also today, though they are expensive. Best would be to understand the technology and look for a Indian equivalent.

If some one can do a bit of work and explain the screen types and what they mean, it will be great. My apologies if someone has already done that.

Cheers

count me in if it is a fixed frame 120" high gain..

Fixed frame is hard to maintain esp. with the dust and what not. I would suggest a wall paint instead. Yes the new ones are washable but once you get any sign of a warp then its pretty much garbage. Just some food for thought.

our fellow forum member reddream had got the panoview screen from someone in Bangalore. I have sent him a PM for details. Yet to get a reply.

http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhanc...heatre-room-please-guide-me-27.html#post90820

Since Manish got a price of 13k for 120", my 106" must be a bit less than that, i guess... If we get a good deal, I can go for 120" as well..

From Zoher and Co, I got a quote of 4k for 106" screen material - Matt White. But, not sure if I will go for a fixed frame as of now.

If you want to use the wall paint option, Jotun Emerald White paint is also a recommended paint, I heard.

Irrespective of how well you care for your screens and look after them, in some 2 years or so, the screen will lose it's whiteness and get smudges/stains of some kind. The best will be change the screen, say once in two years. Given this assumption, it is better to look for screens that do not cost too much.
Cheers

This is a great point to consider, venkat sir.

I'm also checking the option of painted wall / plywood as an option. This must be easy to maintain as I can apply one coat of paint whenever necessary, may be once a year.

I checked the Screen goo paint option. It is available with Vector Systems in Hyderabad. Though this is an excellent option, paint for a 50 sq ft will cost about Rs. 13,000. This is too costly. I will be checking the Jotun Emerald White Paint later this week.

This is a great point to consider, venkat sir.

I'm also checking the option of painted wall / plywood as an option. This must be easy to maintain as I can apply one coat of paint whenever necessary, may be once a year.

I checked the Screen goo paint option. It is available with Vector Systems in Hyderabad. Though this is an excellent option, paint for a 50 sq ft will cost about Rs. 13,000. This is too costly. I will be checking the Jotun Emerald White Paint later this week.

well in my current setup i have set up the screen using wall paints.. though i didnt use the expensive ones.. the best i could manage was duco matt white (considered better than acrylic emulsion) and had them spray painted..
what i see is good enough, except for the hotspot in the image (which i still have to remove), but the image in hotspot seemed better (more shiny/bright-richer in colour) .. thats where the idea of high gain screen cropped up..

details in this thread:
http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea.../8289-how-remove-hotspot-projected-image.html

but after seeing the expert opinions..i am having second thought on the fixed frame screen

We did an Installation of Panaview 120" Mannual Pull down screen last month and I can vouch that for the price it is a very good screen with good quality materials used. The cost to the client was 15K inclusive of the installation.

We did an Installation of Panaview 120" Mannual Pull down screen last month and I can vouch that for the price it is a very good screen with good quality materials used. The cost to the client was 15K inclusive of the installation.
Build quality is just fantastic. I am using the Panoview and vouch for it too.

I plan to finalize my screen in the coming week, if anyone wants to join me in doing a group buy we can all benefit. As of now I am looking at Panoview 120" manual screen quoted at 13K + 12.5% taxes. If we get this for around 11-11.5 it will be a terrific deal (but all depends on numbers)

Other option is Zoher which works out around 5K cheaper for a similar sized screen. Has anyone in the forum seen/used/using a Zoher screen, how does it compare with panoview?

Please PM me if interested.
-Manish

Had a word with Ved systems yesterday and no further reduction is possible on the 120" screen irrespective of number of screens we order. So I will be placing my order next week and anyone interested can quote my name saying we had negotiated 13K+taxes for the 120". His normal selling rate is 13.5K+taxes.
Thanks,
Manish

A roll down screen is much better then a fixed screen or the wall painted.

If one has the opportunity to see 3 demo's of different screens then it is easier to decide, and one should have someone with him who has knoweldge on the screens.

I am aware that after a period of time some cheaper models of roll down screens getting stuck, etc.

V.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back