Paradigm Cinema CT 110 with Denon 1911, Onkyo 608 or Yamaha 667????

There are tons of brands available , how much money you are ready to spend on a pair of FS speakers ?

There are tons of brands available , how much money you are ready to spend on a pair of FS speakers ?

well max i can spend on speakers is 50 k and another 50k on the avr.. i was looking at marantz 5005 also.. is it a better system than denon 1911??

also i was considering the denon 2311 cuz of the better connectivity .. wats ur opinion among all 3 of them?? i will consider the yamaha once i hear it at the store...

Even thou musically marantz may score more marks, but I would still rate Denon 2311 as better choice. Marantz still being imported from abroad , so service may be a bit of issue here. Whereas Denon you don't have that problem. And feature wise Denon stays ahead of marantz with connectivity and pre-out options.

50k budget for speakers , you can start with a pair of FS and a center speaker and add the surround and SUB later .

hmmm i dint know dat.. my choices for avr has been narrowed to down to either the denon 2311 or yamaha 667 depending on hw the sound feels to me and also the price...

is there anyone else apart from lokesh u can sell the yamaha 667 for 38-40k? i can use it as a bargaining chip.. the 2311 connectivity and functions are on par with the 667 but not the price..

and as for speakers i was hoping to get a 5.1 for 50k.. i dont want to buy them in installments.. cash flow problems.. guess paradigm and MA are the only brands with good 5.1 with that budget ryt?? with 2 FS and one center i wont be able to get surround effect can i?

Search in this forum for AV shops or dealers in bangalore. You will get tons of results , next you know pickup the phone and check prices .

Paradigm 110ct , deftech pro cinema 600 , Klipsch hdt 500 and qacoustics 5.1 are some brands that come in 50k budget.

Wharf cinema , energy , polk and mirage are under 35k budget.

Honestly I dont think you would need denon 2311 to drive any of the above.

i was looking at the 2311 only in terms on connectivity.. its better than the 1911 in that sense.. actually if i lyk the yamaha my probs will be solved.. 1911 has too little connectivity features in the long run..

does the YPAO really make a big diff over the Audssey systems?? also the Anchor bay vs Yamaha video processor?? those are two deciding factors which shall finnaly base my choice.. the ipod/usb connection can be forsaken in the yamaha.. nt a biggie..

and out of all the above 5.1 configs ur also of the opinion dat paradigm is really good... shud i research on the other brands lik QA or Klipsch?? i really loved the paradigm bt not checked the others out... does paradigm go well with the 667 btw?? are they compatible

I have tried the YPAO and Audessey both on yamaha and onkyo models, both have not fetched good results in my living room setup. Coming to the video processor when I turn it on there is a delay in picture, I am still exploring on that feature. The ipod/iphone dock port exists in yamaha , only thing you need to buy the dock as accessory.

ohk so both are useless audio correction features lol.. kindly please let me know the video capabilities of the 667 (like on upscale and upconversion) if any breaks u get in the picture stuff lyk dat... after sonics dats the most imp feature i would be using.. gotta lotta 576p movies which i wud lyk to upscale.. and the delay u get in picture is due to wat reasons ?? can i knw...

the ipod dock for yamaha is 100 dollars dnt think i will buyin dat.. dats one advantage in the denon.. bt nt a deal breaker..

ohk so both are useless audio correction features lol.. kindly please let me know the video capabilities of the 667 (like on upscale and upconversion) if any breaks u get in the picture stuff lyk dat... after sonics dats the most imp feature i would be using.. gotta lotta 576p movies which i wud lyk to upscale.. and the delay u get in picture is due to wat reasons ?? can i knw...

the ipod dock for yamaha is 100 dollars dnt think i will buyin dat.. dats one advantage in the denon.. bt nt a deal breaker..

If denon is giving you that dock free , that means they have already added the cost into it. Nothing comes phree :D from dealer.

i knw.. dats wi i am goin to negotiate without the ipod dock.. i dnt really will use it.. bt if he cant reduce on the price i shall make him give me a freebie.. saw the BA dock.. it looks really nyc.. its 2k more than the denon one.. hehe

jst wanted to get good processors and some wat future proof system for next 5 years.. dats wi am doin so mch research..

hi thanks for the info.. jst wanted to know ur opinion on yamaha 667 ?? did u compare tat and denon?? if so hw was the results... and also do u have to use OSD (d dull screen) often during movie or music playback... another thing was hw are u able to connect your laptop to the denon if u had to?? are there any issues... and do u feel there is any significant diff in the upscaling and upconversion of the denon with respect to other avr's??

in my comparison the denon was better than the yamaha output wise. osd is not at al bad.. just does its job. like sprite-- sidhi baat..
i have not tried connecting my laptop to avr. denon-s upscaling was better than yamaha but not sure about the comparison with onlyo. we checked using a matrix 1 dvd for both denon and yamaha.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back