Paradigm SE3 Vs Monitor 7 Vs Martin Logan Motion 10

prince_ell

Hi,

Has anyone used Martin Logan Motion 10. I have an option of buying 4 of these, for fronts and surrounds as well. Else Paradigm SE3 with ADC 390 for surrounds or Paradigm Monitor 7 and the other similar range to accompany. To be paired with Denon 2200. Can someone suggest the better of the three options.

All three are capable speakers. Martin Logan has a ribbon tweeter which is their specialty
and has a airy sound. The best way to judge them is to listen all three with the same amp
and same material. Some people find paradigms a tad bright, but then others just love it.

Martin logan Motion 10 does have an edge with the ribbon tweeters but I have read these speakers are not well suited for "Indian weather conditions" unless you keep them in a dedicated room, with maintained airflow and temperature.. etc. Do research about it if you plan to buy them.

I am a big fan of Paradigm and like them over Martin logans. Monitors come next. :)

Thanks Tuff and Silentstorm for your inputs. Figured ML Motion 20 is at 4 ohms so will require lot of power. Taken a demo of Focal 826, Klipsch RF52, Paradigm Monitor 9. felt Klipsch was too sharp.. Focal was the best of the three.. totally aligned bass and neutral tonality. Wonder how the 726 compare to the 826. Any inputs?

From the options, paradigm SE, followed by focal 726 then 826. take demo of 726, you will be pleasantly surprised

Thanks Tuff and Silentstorm for your inputs. Figured ML Motion 20 is at 4 ohms so will require lot of power. Taken a demo of Focal 826, Klipsch RF52, Paradigm Monitor 9. felt Klipsch was too sharp.. Focal was the best of the three.. totally aligned bass and neutral tonality. Wonder how the 726 compare to the 826. Any inputs?

I auditioned Focal last year for the first time, they were bright and I like that, paired with good sub, it will be awesome.

Thanks JayaRaa.. can you please elaborate on what you mean by 'pleasantly surprised'. I did take a demo of 726 and liked it quite a bit. Only that the entire setup of 5.1 in Focal goes beyond my budget. Do you think paradigm SE would sound better then 726, since they are not available for a demo.

Agree with you Silentstorm 726 were quite bright.

Has anyone heard of Indiana Line Diva series??

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back