Parts Express Import to india

Thirumalkumaran

Have been spending some time designing a set of speakers for home, based on Dayton Audio, and now come to know that "Diyaudiocart" is not a reseller anymore!!!!
And have no idea if the speakers I require might come back to stock...
The next option left for me is to buy them from parts express and import them here.. But the problem is, shipping costs more than the drivers itself.

Just wanted to know, How you have sourced your drivers? Is there an alternate place to source them in Bangalore or online?

Thanks in advance.

I too am in the same problem. If I was given a chance to buy the drivers at about the same price as in USA I'd happily buy some. These drivers are anyhow all made in China. If there could be a way to import them directly from China they will turn out to be quite cheaper than importing from usa. Probably the only way for this would be to become an authorized reseller through parts express.

I have a friend, and they get some mechanical items from China... Let me check if there is any chance.... But i can't guarantee.....

Eagerly waiting for suggestions from others too....

I too am in the same problem. If I was given a chance to buy the drivers at about the same price as in USA I'd happily buy some. These drivers are anyhow all made in China. If there could be a way to import them directly from China they will turn out to be quite cheaper than importing from usa. Probably the only way for this would be to become an authorized reseller through parts express.
Are you sure they are made in China?
If we can provide any links (chinese local links) .... we can check if my friend can help in importing ....
He searched to some extent, but couldnt find these dayton audio drivers in china

Are you sure they are made in China?
If we can provide any links (chinese local links) .... we can check if my friend can help in importing ....
He searched to some extent, but couldnt find these dayton audio drivers in china
Yes I'm 100% sure. If not all some of them are definitely made in China.
Here's the reseller of Dayton in China :

Gome Sound

http://www.gomesound.com/
020-84695589/18922465679

Room 209, BanQiao Business Building, No.902 XingNan Avenue,
NanCun Town,PanYu District, GuangZhou, China

Just wanted to clear confusion.

Attachments

• 1544902487397454.jpg
    1544902487397454.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 1544902487585269.jpg
    1544902487585269.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 57
Read in a post on diyaudio forum that usher audio is the manufacturer of the Dayton Audio drivers in Taiwan. Here's the website : usheraudio.com.tw
Maybe you can email them and ask if they are willing to ship directly to India.

The problem buying directly from the OEM, is the Timbre matching of the speakers. Very good brands have a good timber match. The speakers bought directly might have slipped quality control or non-conforming. My 2 cents.

Read in a post on diyaudio forum that usher audio is the manufacturer of the Dayton Audio drivers in Taiwan. Here's the website : usheraudio.com.tw
Maybe you can email them and ask if they are willing to ship directly to India.
nice info !!
Most of the local suppliers ask us to buy in bulk.
May be the same could be the case with manufacturers .....

Drivers are fragile, importing drivers is always going to be a expensive or risky or both.
Also, generally, there are multiple OEMs for any given brand, the suppliers may change batch to batch

I was also running behind foreign brand drivers, and disappointed due to non availability.

Few reasons could be ....
General craze ..... thinking those brands are superior quality.
They do better R&D and make better drivers ....
TS parameters are published,
websites are maintained properly,
lot of reviews available on those drivers ... etc etc ....

unfortunately, local made drivers don't even have TS parameters to begin with ....
and we don't have equipment to measure them ....

before trying to purchase any particular foreign brand driver, we should have clarity that no local driver is as good as that one, in that price.
Or..... we should clearly know some specialty of that driver,... that local drivers can not offer.
Unfortunately, in most of the cases, there is no scope for such comparison ....

IWAI & SWETON are two local brands I know ....
I guess there are so many out there ....

Last edited:
I was also running behind foreign brand drivers, and disappointed due to non availability.

Few reasons could be ....
General craze ..... thinking those brands are superior quality.
They do better R&D and make better drivers ....
TS parameters are published,
websites are maintained properly,
lot of reviews available on those drivers ... etc etc ....

unfortunately, local made drivers don't even have TS parameters to begin with ....
and we don't have equipment to measure them ....

before trying to purchase any particular foreign brand driver, we should have clarity that no local driver is as good as that one, in that price.
Or..... we should clearly know some specialty of that driver,... that local drivers can not offer.
Unfortunately, in most of the cases, there is no scope for such comparison ....

IWAI & SWETON are two local brands I know ....
I guess there are so many out there ....

Try the tymphany drivers, the drivers which I am using is amazing

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back