Party audio HiFi system for rarely used living room

Develish

Greetings. My first post on the forum and I trust I will follow the rules.

My formal living is used about once in a fortnight or once in a month for having friends over for dinner. Typically 10-15 couples.

I would like an audio only system to play some music. Typically jazz and vocals but also reasonably frequently Bollywood. Us 50+ folks do like to shake a leg :yahoo: to the new remixes. :)

The source will be a computer or cell phone mostly. No CDs or LPs. I seek suggestions on a system. Given that I will use the system but once in 15 days or a month, I would not like to spend more than 40K-50K for the whole system including a sub-woofer (if going with bookshelves).

The living room portion is around 250-300 sq ft, cube, but open at one end in to the dining area for a total of about 550-600 sq feet. But I need the music only in the living room area. I am enclosing two pics. One is a panorama. The second is of the bar area and I would like to put either bookshelf or floor standing speakers.

I also have a 600ft terrace connected to this living / dining hall. If I can put two simple but weatherproof speakers (there is an awning), that will be fantastic, but it is not that important right now.

Along with your suggestions, may I request for a good reliable dealer in Bangalore or would you suggest good old Amazon?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Hall_Dining_Panorama_IMG_0823.jpg
    Hall_Dining_Panorama_IMG_0823.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 182
  • Bar_IMG_0816.jpg
    Bar_IMG_0816.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 175
Do you already have some av setup at home. And if you do, then disconnect those speakers and move them here for your party use. Add a bluesound power node to these speakers, and you are good to go. Besides your friends can also stream music from their phones to this system without hassle, and you will still get very good sound quality for the money. And won't sound like a make shift party system. Just my 2 cents..

Hi

Welcome to HFV...I am sure you will find answers to your issues or queries in the various posts from all members here....

If you are open to Pre Owned...see the for sale by owner section and you may find something that fits your expectation...else see Hi Fi Ads....

you've got a couple of options. one is to go the professional route where you buy professional speakers and an amp. will give you good loud music for dance. but will suffer on quality when it comes to easy listening for jazz and vocals that you mentioned. the other route to go is active speakers. i havent listened to many, but there are a few good ones in that range. the third option is to go with a pair of computer audio 2.1 speakers. not too sure if they will be big on volume though.

Do you already have some av setup at home. And if you do, then disconnect those speakers and move them here for your party use. Add a bluesound power node to these speakers, and you are good to go. Besides your friends can also stream music from their phones to this system without hassle, and you will still get very good sound quality for the money. And won't sound like a make shift party system. Just my 2 cents..
I have four systems, one in each of the bedrooms and one in the family room. Each of them is used unfortunately.

But there is a set of KEF Q500s on sale and also a ProSonus set. Could you let me know who sells Bluesound in Bangalore? Also would a 50W 4ohm amp be enough to drive the KEFs? Alternately, is there a pre-out on the Bluesound that will work with active ProSonus?

Thanks in advance

Hi

Welcome to HFV...I am sure you will find answers to your issues or queries in the various posts from all members here....

If you are open to Pre Owned...see the for sale by owner section and you may find something that fits your expectation...else see Hi Fi Ads....
Thanks. I did see quite a bit. Am speaking to two FMs about their speakers which are for sale.

you've got a couple of options. one is to go the professional route where you buy professional speakers and an amp. will give you good loud music for dance. but will suffer on quality when it comes to easy listening for jazz and vocals that you mentioned. the other route to go is active speakers. i havent listened to many, but there are a few good ones in that range. the third option is to go with a pair of computer audio 2.1 speakers. not too sure if they will be big on volume though.
Speaking to two FMs about KEF 500s and ProSonus. Now am figuring out the amp or pre-amp for each of them.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back