PC Stereo speakers

pseudophile

I have a budget of about 20k -35k. want to buy good stereo system.

I have a asus xonar essence stx card.

should i buy the audioengine A5s - around 20k

or should i go for marantz PM7001 - 20k + some speakers in the 10k-15k range. ( PSB Alpha, Tannoy F1, Paradign atom)

Which do u think would be a better vfm?

Yes, it would be if you don't have space constraints. Plus a good amp will give you more option of connectivity.

For powered desktop speakers, other than A5, you can check out the Swan and Edirol range also. If you are really serious then check out the AVI, Quad and Dynaudio range as well.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks Buddy. Wow. I didnt know there were so many choices.

They seem pricey though. wouldnt A5 be a better vfm?

Yes, it would be if you don't have space constraints. Plus a good amp will give you more option of connectivity.

For powered desktop speakers, other than A5, you can check out the Swan and Edirol range also. If you are really serious then check out the AVI, Quad and Dynaudio range as well.

Cheers.

...wouldnt A5 be a better vfm?

Yes, it would be. But then again, it depends.

IMO you might want to check out all-in-ones like these mentioned here. I still have an old Onkyo CR515 in my bedroom with Diamond 9.1 It even comes with an optical i/p and sub-woofer out! Nice and simple. Should cost you with in 15k at max for the unit and another 10k for speakers. If I were you, I would pick this up instead for A5.

Happy auditions!

Last edited:
I would say you should consider the audioengines. Since your in mumbai pay a visit to audio products india and audition. They should go well with a high end sound card like the xonar.

Or maybe you audition all your options like a standalone system, the audioengines etc. and then make up your mind.

I finally made my decision. Got the Audioengine A5s today. paired them with my essence stx through the RCA stereo outs and its awesomeness.

They sound as good as a lot of low-fi combos I heard (NAd315-PSB IMG15 / MarantzPM7001-paradigm atom)

I only listen to flacs but tried mp3s on these speakers and I found that they sound terrific too.

I am considering buying some good stands for them now.

congratulatoins....look forward to a detailed review and some pictures. I am sure your A5s will give you as much joy as my A2s gave me.

I finally made my decision. Got the Audioengine A5s today. paired them with my essence stx through the RCA stereo outs and its awesomeness.

They sound as good as a lot of low-fi combos I heard (NAd315-PSB IMG15 / MarantzPM7001-paradigm atom)

I only listen to flacs but tried mp3s on these speakers and I found that they sound terrific too.

I am considering buying some good stands for them now.

Hi Congrats! The Xonar Essence and the AE5 are a very popular combo on the forum.
Have a Blast:)

cheers,
sri

Congratulations!!!

Is it the Bamboo edition or normal?

Cheers.

its the normal lack one.bamboo ones will take a month and my pc setup is black so went for these.

congratulatoins....look forward to a detailed review and some pictures. I am sure your A5s will give you as much joy as my A2s gave me.

I was planning to do this but there is already so much said about them.:)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back