Peculiar problem with speakers

girishtd8262

Hi all I have noticed my speakers rubber outer rim has become sticky and gets adherent to fingers.bith speakers have same problem.why us that so .has it got anything to do with climate.
Does it affect sound quality.
What should I do now.they are 4 yr old floor standers

Hi all I have noticed my speakers rubber outer rim has become sticky and gets adherent to fingers.bith speakers have same problem.why us that so .has it got anything to do with climate.
In my opinion, it can be linked to 2 things. First, kitchen fumes. please check if your speakers are not exposed to the oily kitchen fumes. Cleaning with mild soap/detergent soaked microfiber cloth will effectively solve this problem. Second, deterioration of rubber, which can sometimes happen in the case of extreme heat weather conditions. Should not affect the sound quality till you are forcing the woofers to move much. No solution for this, except replacing the rubber surrounding later, when it is really needed.

In my opinion, it can be linked to 2 things. First, kitchen fumes. please check if your speakers are not exposed to the oily kitchen fumes. Cleaning with mild soap/detergent soaked microfiber cloth will effectively solve this problem. Second, deterioration of rubber, which can sometimes happen in the case of extreme heat weather conditions. Should not affect the sound quality till you are forcing the woofers to move much. No solution for this, except replacing the rubber surrounding later, when it is really needed.
Hi kitchen is far away as my speakers are in cellar dedicated ht room.room is completely closed with only door being the point that f exit .proper acoustics done. I got advice from amit indiqaudio to put some talcum powder and to wipe it gentle with moist cloth.
Thanks for advice

What brand speakers?

Dali lektor 6. Now the issue solved after this .it's because of humidity..need to keep speakers with out grill for few days.its not exactly the speaker outer rim it's another outer protective circle around it.

Dali lektor 6. Now the issue solved after this .it's because of humidity..need to keep speakers with out grill for few days.its not exactly the speaker outer rim it's another outer protective circle around it.
Hi, how did you solve it? I faced the same problem with dali lektor 6

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back