Peerless Speakers, duplicate?

My Only question is, how good the peerless raw drivers sound ? While I am not an audiophile, I have heard speaker with these peerless drivers and they are pretty good for what they costed.

I think what Rajesh is saying is that there are 3 entities here. Peerless Fabrikkerne India, Peerless Fabrikkerne Denmark and Tymphany (who claim that they are the only manufacturers of Peerless drivers and who also say "Dont be fooled by Peerless driver knockoffs from India. Tymphany is the official manufacturer of Peerless". If I understand correctly, he is saying that Peerless F. Denmark and Peerless F. India are connected - Peerless F. Denmark supplies parts to Peerless F. India and one of them is the "parent" company. That may be correct because Peerless claims to have R&D arms in Denmark and Canada. I don't know how R&D units supply parts for assembly/manufacturing lines in India but whatever.

Now Rajesh, when I say Peerless Denmark, I mean Tymphany because of the form it's now in and as per their website. For me Peerless India is Peerless F. India/Denmark/Canada/wherever.

even after combing through the danish register of companies, I'm able to find only peerless -> DST-> Tympany
https://datacvr.virk.dk/data/visenh...uktionsenhed&sortering=default&language=en-gb
click on the expanded business information link in the box below
PS: this is not the first time such confusion has happened for the peerless india brand - there was a similar controversy on team bhp about the origins of illusion audio car speakers - there was a lot of misinformation & conjecture floating about.

Last edited:
My Only question is, how good the peerless raw drivers sound ? While I am not an audiophile, I have heard speaker with these peerless drivers and they are pretty good for what they costed.

IMO someone who says that Peerless India drivers are bad do not know how to design a loudspeaker. Period.

Rajesh, Can you provide any proof that peerless as still exists and has ties to both the Peerless companies? Ie peerless india and Tymphany?

Better person than me is Dev Kumar Sawn you can contact him on his cell no as mentioned above,meantime i will try to get some proof from him will talk to him today..

I bought a peerless tl25sn and it has no peerless branding

for TL25SN there is no brand label as it as a tail,only serial number is mentioned i too own one as in pic,,,from where you had bought them?????

http://i67.tinypic.com/25hct8g.jpg

I think only on flat magnet surface they paste there label..

R/S

IMO someone who says that Peerless India drivers are bad do not know how to design a loudspeaker. Period.

Yes hari you are right in saying so...coz if the xover and box are not designed as per the drivers specs,, the result will be bad...

I dont know why many have differences regarding the quality and existence of peerless indian brand,i feel half knowledge is worst then having nothing..

i have already mentioned that they do have quality and price wise is almost half of other imported brands, i feel that since the price is less compared to imported ones,everyone feels it lacks quality...but all should know that they DO import there components from there parent company and assemble here in india..its only the custom and other duties is the difference in price and our savings..

R/S.

Exactly the same subject I wanted to reinforce. May be, except for the subwoofer driver from Peerless India :p It never enticed me from the moment I had it in my hand.

I feel that since the price is less compared to imported ones,everyone feels it lacks quality...but all should know that they DO import there components from there parent company and assemble here in india..its only the custom and other duties is the difference in price and our savings..
R/S.

Your view is absolutely true.
The problem is there is not much design or builds available with Peerless drivers. Most of the builds done using Peerless drivers does not have full details furnished . So obviously people are looking to website where complete build details are available and end up buying the drivers used for that build from PE, etc , which obviously is not peerless.

Imported or not, they are good drivers and not at all in bad category. But the prices are slowly getting hiked to my dismay.:mad: Not sure whether that is because of Peerless or due to Varsha.

I think we need an interpreter here.

You asked a question and answered it - both in the same post. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You asked a question and answered it - both in the same post. :D

:eek:hyeah: The question was put to others to get their view and the answer in that post was purely my Opinion.

Btw, I find the thread owner missing here. If may he can comment after mounting the speakers and comment how they sound, then it may very well answer his question.

My gut feeling is, he is not satisfied with the built quality of the drivers he has received and hence approached here to clarify whether the drivers are genuine or not and the topic went all the way south from there.

I had the same feeling when I saw and felt those drivers first.

Ps. I think you guys hijacked this thread and I am an accomplice to it :p

Last edited:
In the old days, when getting good drivers was hard in india, Peerless were up there with philips in the top tier of drivers you could get, and slightly above bolton. Now that bolton has shut shop, and philips/boston has discontinued most of their range, Peerless find themselves in a peer group (sorry for the pun :D) of mostly imported drivers like Dayton etc, compared to which they are slightly lacking, but still offer the best performance for the price (though that is reducing every year as the imported drivers get cheaper & peerless get more expensive - for example, I was able to buy a pair of AMT tweeters online which sound much better than the TL25SN for about the same price.

Better person than me is Dev Kumar Sawn you can contact him on his cell no as mentioned above,meantime i will try to get some proof from him will talk to him today..

We are already now in a situation where it is peerless of India's word against tympany. I have been able to get third party proof to support tympany's stand, but nothing other than Mr Sawn's word on Peerless' stand. We are looking for something more solid, so there is no point in talking to him!

Last edited:
Better person than me is Dev Kumar Sawn you can contact him on his cell no as mentioned above,meantime i will try to get some proof from him will talk to him today..R/S

further to my post i contacted Mr. devkumar and he has to the following points,this is the final truth regarding peerless..earlier some wrong information was posted by me,now i have clarified things from him.

1. You are right in saying peerless denmark no longer exist..dev has clarified this.
2. when peerless denmark went into loss in 1978 the then Damodar Ratha M.D from Peerless India rescued the company and made it operational.
3.DST was formed in 2000 i.e tie up by peerless denmark and vifa,
4. when in 2005 Tymphany acquires DST,but the brand name 'PEERLESS'
was allowed to be retained by the indian firm as called "Peerless Fabrikkerne(I) Ltd"
5.In 2008 Tymphany opens manufacturing campus in XinXu china
6 In 2009 scanspeak is seperated from Tymphany and is located in Videbaek, Denmark,further details as in scanspeak website here

Scan-Speak

6. 2013 Taiwan-based Primax Electronics Ltd. purchases 70 percent of Denmark-based Tymphany,dev says peerless is now part of primax no longer with Tympany.

now coming to the indian firm ""Peerless Fabrikkerne(I) Ltd"MUMBAI

Peerless India became an independent company in 1983.

dev has to say the following points.

1. It manufactures its own voice coil (high temperature voice coils) for its peerless drivers,since he says the cost of importing coils are high.
2. speaker cones of all types paper/kevlar/titanium they import from taiwan,name of the company may be primax not sure,but will try to get the name also later.
3. magnet and basket like stamped,steel, plastic or cast aluminum they import from china.
4. peerless India combines innovative R&D with skilled workmanship to produce reliable, high performance, value for money products. We are a leading supplier of custom designed tweeters, super tweeters, mid-range/full-range drivers, woofers, subwoofers and co-axial car speakers to major brands in USA, Canada and Europe.

few website regarding peerless india for proof.

Peerless Fabrikkerne India, Manufacturers, Mumbai, India

and here

Peerless Fabrikkerne (india) Limited information

still any information will post as and when received.

thanks
R/S

I think what Rajesh is saying is that there are 3 entities here. Peerless Fabrikkerne India, Peerless Fabrikkerne Denmark and Tymphany (who claim that they are the only manufacturers of Peerless drivers and who also say "Dont be fooled by Peerless driver knockoffs from India. Tymphany is the official manufacturer of Peerless". If I understand correctly, he is saying that Peerless F. Denmark and Peerless F. India are connected - Peerless F. Denmark supplies parts to Peerless F. India and one of them is the "parent" company. That may be correct because Peerless claims to have R&D arms in Denmark and Canada. I don't know how R&D units supply parts for assembly/manufacturing lines in India but whatever.

Now Rajesh, when I say Peerless Denmark, I mean Tymphany because of the form it's now in and as per their website. For me Peerless India is Peerless F. India/Denmark/Canada/wherever.

Read the last post by me in this thread for all the confusion related to Peerless India.

R/s

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back