Peerless Woofers

hydrovac

Hi all,

I found these 10" coated paper cone woofers in my inventory (bought from Torvin in Chennai loooong back)... apparently they're made by peerless fabrikkerne india.

Was just wondering if anyone here is familiar and has experience with them, and if so, what you thought? Any good?
It would be helpful if you can share info (parameters) and I'm open to any advices regarding using these drivers in a project :)

Does anyone have any designs... Or have any advice on them?

Thanks

uHme8Rg.jpg

gjUo7HP.jpg

CW5n0jA.jpg

tQAazBK.jpg

sJPnDpo.jpg

0vWAMKL.jpg

hi dear,

beautiful woofers, i am also looking for some peerlees mid, high and low speakers for a DIY 3 way tower speaker project. Please advise if you have any source.

Hi Forum Members
Firstly understand its not ''Original Peerless speakers''.
Original peerless speakers listed in ebay.com from peerless Denmark.
In mumbai one person manufacturing locally in the same peerless name. Its duplicate item. No other speaker information available their site. If anything avail its not correct information. So please beware to purchase these item. Rs.3500 and above charging for this woofer. In my opinion its worth only for rs.500....

Hi Forum Members
Firstly understand its not ''Original Peerless speakers''.
Original peerless speakers listed in ebay.com from peerless Denmark.
In mumbai one person manufacturing locally in the same peerless name. Its duplicate item. No other speaker information available their site. If anything avail its not correct information. So please beware to purchase these item. Rs.3500 and above charging for this woofer. In my opinion its worth only for rs.500....
I believe Peerless do manufacture in India (Home Page - peerlessaudio.com). In fact I got this confirmation from one of the car audio brands in US (for which Peerless India happens to be the OEM supplier). Now coming to Original speakers, I guess whatever sells in diyaudiocart is sourced from Jeethubhai and he has been known to source these drivers from peerless India. I have also seen a local amp manufacture sourcing these drivers directly from Jeethubhai (now Mayank Jeetubhai re-visited | dhandanought.org | tcpip).

However I am not sure if you have come across any other source for these drivers.

I believe Peerless do manufacture in India (Home Page - peerlessaudio.com). In fact I got this confirmation from one of the car audio brands in US (for which Peerless India happens to be the OEM supplier). Now coming to Original speakers, I guess whatever sells in diyaudiocart is sourced from Jeethubhai and he has been known to source these drivers from peerless India. I have also seen a local amp manufacture sourcing these drivers directly from Jeethubhai (now Mayank Jeetubhai re-visited | dhandanought.org | tcpip).

However I am not sure if you have come across any other source for these drivers.

Please visit Tymphany & ask to diyaudiocart.com they will explain, the correct answer. Tymphany manufacturing original peerless speakers, vifa, logic and scan peek speakers etc...You're mentioned here peerlessaudio fabrikkerne (india) ltd site..its not original peerless denmark speaker site...presently tymphany manufacturing driver units for peerless, vifa etc....
Also check its logo... " Peerless denmark audio's logo is very different...

Peerless - Tymphany is the Only Authentic Manufacturer of Peerless Drivers | Tymphany

Last edited by a moderator:
The coating you see on these cones are polymer coating. Also know as "wet- look" coating. They are just for cosmetics and to some extent acting as a sheild on the surface for water or moisture repelling. They do not add up or contribute to the tonal quality in these Peerless India drivers. But the formulation of doped or coated cone techniques are widely used all across the globe especially in European drives for achieving unique tonal quality. As for example .... ATC drivers.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back