Quick Play
Volume Control
3-D surround sound
Auto time slide show
5 band equilizer
Fully Digital Amplifier
USB Playback
Progressive Scan

LINK http://www.in.lge.com/Product/Produ...&subcat=DVD+Player&parent=Digital+Audio+Video

It does not mean that the DVD never plays. It means, some times it plays quarter/halfway or until towards the end and ejects without warning. Sometimes it gets fixed by fast forwarding beyond that point but some times it won't. My point is, better to avoid sony rather than deal with this lottery. IMPO, If the movie does not play in full, it is as good as not playing at all.

I've only had this problem with heavily scratched DVDs sourced from BCL and other such libraries.

I have not had this problem with any of my 100 odd original DVDs - and many of my earlier discs have had scratches due to the poor quality packaging from RPG (discs like Chicago, HP and the POA, and The Matrix) and they've all played properly on my DVP-NS50P.

Many pirated discs that were lightly scratched have played properly on it without a fuss. Badly/deeply scratched DVDs do exactly what you said they do.

The same which was reviwed by Venkat Sir,
Do read it.

I'll read the review.

Can you mention specific model numbers? In the last 10 years I have not come across a single Pioneer DVD player that has not delivered as specified. I recently tested their cheapest model - the DV220 - and that will beat all the players being discussed here.

Well, here are 3 (one without model number):

Pioneer DV-525 - too many problems with jaggies/interlacing artifacts. I know, I had one. I HATED it. Despite the glowing reviews everywhere, it was one hell of an overrated DVD player. I had to live with the damn thing and I hated it so much that I replaced it later with an AIWA - this was way too soft but it got rid of the jaggies. :) I then replaced the Aiwa with the Sony, which is an quite an improvement in the PQ department and also happens to have better interlacing/PQ than the DV-525.

Pioneer DV-410V I was interested in it until I saw it being demoed. This one was given a negative review by What HiFi: Pioneer DV-410-V DVD player review - from the experts at whathifi.com ). BTW, Here's a snippet of the review:

WhatHiFi said:
But we were startled by how inept the DV-410-V is for much of the time so much so that we can almost see the point of those stacks of 25 supermarket specials.

The new midi sized black Pioneer model (forget the model number but it is without HDMI, I think) - too many problems with motion. I've seen it on a Hitachi plasma and it is a mess. I would not buy it. Took a demo of this at Japonica and was less than impressed.

I'm looking to upgrade my Sony DVD player too, but none of these (Sony/Philips/Pioneer/LG/Samsung) players satisfy me - I might have to look in the upper ranges...

Last edited:
Actually you are reading into this too much.As a owner of Philips 3388/94 all i can say is get it against Sony DVd player.(Also have it but philips serves me better)
The feature are more against Sony DVD.
But if you want a complete shutit case future proof,give pioneer a think by spending more.
But within budget philips is better suited for you.

@ KDM,
Hi KDM, Im also from Kolkata. please you tell me where I can get a demo of Pioneer DVD players in Kolkata. Also please mention a good shop from where i can buy a good component cable.
thanks
rupam

Im also from Kolkata. please you tell me where I can get a demo of Pioneer DVD players in Kolkata.

Try Japonica. They have the two cheaper midi sized Pioneer models (the costlier one around 5K with bill) available and can be found here:

Address:
#2/7, Vasundhara Building
7th Floor
Sarat Bose Road
Lala Lajpat Rai Sarani
Kolkata -700020

Landmark: Near Central Plaza

Phone: 033-24743968

Mobile: 9830147096

Promises/Onkyo Wonderland besides Shaire-e-Punjab and opposite Kaala Mandir in Theater Road also used to stock Pioneer DVD players, but I don't know whether they have them now. At one time, last year, they did have a bunch of Pioneer DV-410/610 players (8K/12K with bill).

---------------------------

Component cable:

You can get a decent component cable from MX and these are available at either at Naresh Radio or Sanchaiti Electronics both in Chandni. They're well known so you can ask anyone there for directions.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back