Philips DVP-3256+Creatvie inpire 5300

santhukp

Hi ,

First thanks in advance for your valuable inputs.
When i am connecting my dvd player to Creative Inpire 5300 5.1system i am not able to hear the Vocal Sounds from DVD .I tried with all settings but i am only able to hear the background Musics of the Movies.This player is having Dolby digital decoder.I am able to hear the vocal when the audio settings is changed to Stero in the Player.

But this system is working fine when tried to connect with my friends Onida DFX-5990 DVD pLayer.

Hi ,

When i am connecting my dvd player to Creative Inpire 5300 5.1system i am not able to hear the Vocal Sounds from DVD .I tried with all settings but i am only able to hear the background Musics of the Movies.This player is having Dolby digital decoder.I am able to hear the vocal when the audio settings is changed to Stero in the Player.

But this system is working fine when tried to connect with my friends Onida DFX-5990 DVD pLayer.

Vocals come out of your center channel. Is this connected properly? If its too complex, one way to diagnose your issue is to start with L/R and add components in the order of Center/Sub/Surrounds to ensure you are getting signals in each of the channels.

Also check your DVD media player settings to ensure its playing in DD mode.

Hi ,

Hi, you need to use 2RCA to male stereo cables to connect your DVD player to your Creative Inspire 5300 speakers.

Do look up these links.

Creative Worldwide Support

Here in this page, click "Connecting speakers to a DVD player."

Should help you.

Secondly, the content that you are playing should have Dolby Digital in it. If you are playing Divx files, they should be AC3 files.

Hi ,

Hi, You need to interchange the cable connections to the center and sub woofer outputs in the dvd player.

Thanks, Prakash.

Hi Thanks for all giving me in put.

I am using 2 RCA to Stereo converter and it was working fine with the ONIDA DVD Player. But when i changed my DVD Player to Philips DVP 3256 only this problem is coming.There is a small vocal is coming from the Speaker but thats very low. I tried every option in the DVD Player but no use.:)

Thanks

You would have used RCA to stereo Jack. In the RCA side one end will go to subwoofer output and the other will go to centre channel. try interchanging that, you can hear the vocal. i feel due to wrong connection voice is routed to sub and hence the voice is low.

Prakash

I am using 2 RCA to Stereo converter and it was working fine with the ONIDA DVD Player. But when i changed my DVD Player to Philips DVP 3256 only this problem is coming.There is a small vocal is coming from the Speaker but thats very low. I tried every option in the DVD Player but no use.:) Thanks

Go to the Audio Settings on the Onida DVD Player and list what they are. Similarly list the Audio Settings on the Philips DVD Player. Post the lists here and we will see if that has any effect.

Cheers

Sure i will try your inputs and will post the Result next week.System is in Kerala and now i am in Chennai.

Hi, Thanks for your valuable inputs.Now its working fine.....problem was with the connection.

Last edited:
It might be problem with your dvd settings or dvd player. I have connected creative inspire 5200 with pioneer dv 610. I play 5.1 audio cd's and sounds good. Movies are also sounding good. No jarring even in high volumes.

Between the same speakers sounded bad when i connected to my earlier local dvd player

Thanks,Prakash

Last edited:
It might be problem with your dvd settings or dvd player. I have connected creative inspire 5200 with pioneer dv 610. I play 5.1 audio cd's and sounds good. Movies are also sounding good. No jarring even in high volumes.

Between the same speakers sounded bad when i connected to my earlier local dvd player

Thanks,Prakash

Now i removed all rear speaker and it become 2.1 now.:yahoo:

hey man i have been using creative 5200 with soundblaster live for the for the last 7-8 years - it is still in great condition - works well for movies (not acceptable for music as per wifey - she likes the missions too much) - and the new drivers (old actually) from kxaudio rocks. Timing, bass response etc can be controlled - so a better bang for the buck actually.:clapping:

hey man i have been using creative 5200 with soundblaster live for the for the last 7-8 years - it is still in great condition - works well for movies (not acceptable for music as per wifey - she likes the missions too much) - and the new drivers (old actually) from kxaudio rocks. Timing, bass response etc can be controlled - so a better bang for the buck actually.:clapping:

But i am connected this with my Philips 3256DVP not with PC. All speakers are giving headache to me. :mad:That why i removed to speakers.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back