Philips FWD876 vs. HTS3571

Rajagamesbond007

Hi,

I was Planning to buy a Music System , let me tell you for what and where

i ll be using it .

i ll be using it in a totally empty room which is about (11x13) which is basically for dancing, so i ll be playing out some loud music as i m using it to dance but i ll be playing a lot of movies too but i want the sound quality to be really good.

(lets say 55% music clarity & 45% Movies)

i mostly use MP3's(320kbps)& avi files cause i download a lot of stuff from torrents & i use a lot of original stuff too (about 50% : 50%)

I already have a Onkyo 7.1 surround THX Approved Home theatre System. in an another room so i want to buy a 65% Music player with gr8 sound clarity and 35% Good Surround System for this room.

My Budget would be around 20-25k so i have seen a lot of models between this price range and finally decided to chose between Philips
FWD876 & HTS3571 , both of them were sounding equally Good.

1.Both of the models are 5.1 Surround

2.FWD876 is 8000W P.M.P.O 600RMS, HTS3571 is 1200RMS

3.Both of them have dolby prologic 2 and DTS Decoder but the sales guy

says HTS3571 Plays it better.

4.And compared Fwd876 looks better.but HTS has its advantage in portability

5. And HTS3571 Has really small satellite speakers but the sales guy says

there are really powerful. But i heard people saying that if you play

some loud music in home theaters it may damage that equipment

6.HTS3571 has been released in 2009 & FWD876 has been released

about 1 1/2 years ago.

The Sales guy was Advising me to go for HTC3571 Because it was released

this year and it has got more audio output but i was confused because i

thought playing loud music in HTiB 's can damage the system. and the sound

was distorting only some times.

Now i request every one to kindly clear my above mentioned doubts & help

me to take the right decision and chose the best model ,you can also advise

me if there is any other Model between 20-25k .

Thank You.:)

For Music this may be bad choice
If u r satisfied with 2 channel why not Norge Amp+ Spk+ DVD as soirce?

For Music this may be bad choice
If u r satisfied with 2 channel why not Norge Amp+ Spk+ DVD as soirce?

Thank you for your advise but i want something around 25000 bucks i m not really an expert in all this kind of stuff.... and i dint understand what you were saying about 2 channel.... becuz both the models that i have referred above (Philips FWD876 & HTS3571) were 5.1.... and why do you think its not really a good choice for music ?

hi,

i just want to know how about HTS3378....its got 4 tower speakers & is this good to play music for dancing purpose.....or you can suggest me any other model....

Thank you for your advise but i want something around 25000 bucks i m not really an expert in all this kind of stuff.... and i dint understand what you were saying about 2 channel.... becuz both the models that i have referred above (Philips FWD876 & HTS3571) were 5.1.... and why do you think its not really a good choice for music ?

I'm no expert but here goes.. please take Hemant's suggestion. If you want good sound clarity and want to play music at loud volumes, please go for a 2 channel amplifier like Norge, Sonodyne, Yamaha, etc. 2 channel means stereo. Almost all non-movie music (CD, mp3, etc.) is encoded in 2 channels so a 5.1 or 7.1 will not sound any better than a 2 channel stereo setup. Even for movies, a good stereo amplifier with decent speakers will outperform a 5.1 setup in the 20-25k price-point as it will give you much better and clearer sound that will make up for the lack of "surround sound". Please try it out for yourself in an audio shop. You should be able to audition these different options in any decent "hifi" audio shop that advertises unpronounceable names and abbreviations that sound vaguely like Norse gods :D

In fact, a 5.1 or 7.1 amplifier will sound much worse (in the same price point) than a 2 channel amplifier, and will likely not be loud enough AND clear. Plus, the stereo amp will be much much better built than a flimsily built "home theater" amp at this price point. Please believe me, the Philips HTS systems you are considering will be dramatically inferior to your Onkyo. You can only get decent sound AND a home theater setup if you increase your price point significantly to the Onkyo/Denon level.

Raj,
Listen to them and try hearing a 2 channel setup. For 25K you will can get a Norge 2060 and a good FS from them. See if u have any dealers in HYD for this.

Norge Audio

5.1 is made for movies encoded in 5.1, when u play music u get sound from them not music. Hear a proper 2 channel setup and then u will understand what we are talking about.

But we dont have Norge Dealers in HYD..... so you can suggest me some other ones ......and by the way i have a Philips FWV520 models Speakers that i m not using because the main system is not working but the speakers are fine....well i dont remember but i think thay are 2400 watts speakers so is there any way that i can use it....like i mean with an AMP and a DVD Player.....and i have NO IDEA ABOUT all this stuff , so is there any AMP Which can be used to play any set of speaker's....you know like a digital one where you can control the output depending on the speaker ? lets say first i buy the AMP and use it with the 2400Watts Speakers for some time and later i ll be buy a 10000watts one and i ll use it with that....

But we dont have Norge Dealers in HYD..... so you can suggest me some other ones ......and by the way i have a Philips FWV520 models Speakers that i m not using because the main system is not working but the speakers are fine....well i dont remember but i think thay are 2400 watts speakers so is there any way that i can use it....like i mean with an AMP and a DVD Player.....and i have NO IDEA ABOUT all this stuff , so is there any AMP Which can be used to play any set of speaker's....you know like a digital one where you can control the output depending on the speaker ? lets say first i buy the AMP and use it with the 2400Watts Speakers for some time and later i ll be buy a 10000watts one and i ll use it with that....

Please refer to this thread: http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/3549-any1-hyderabad-has-norge-sonodyne-amp.html

From the thread:

"Sameer: Visit VECTOR Systems at Nagarjuna Circle.Contact Mr Srinivasa Goud (04023350088). I have seen Norge amps & Bookshelves few months back at the same place."

One more thing: Please understand that PMPO is meaningless and is a marketing gimmick. Even RMS power only makes some sense for amps, it doesn't really make sense for speakers. For speakers, at a very basic level, please listen to it after pairing it with a decent amp like Norge or Sonodyne. If you are happy with your Philips speakers, good! Otherwise, you can get decent budget speakers for about 10-15k.

Basic thumb rules: the heavier the speaker, the better it will be. The bigger the cabinet (size or volume of speaker enclosure), the better and louder the sound will be. The larger the size of the driver (woofer - circular), you will get better bass, or better/punchier deeper sound. The speaker cabinet should be made of real wood (ply/MDF/solid wood etc), not fake wood or plastic. It should also look strong and sturdy and be as heavy as possible.

You can only decide this meaningfully if you listen to different combinations of speakers and amplifiers. Please also refer to web-sites and guides on how to select a good audio system.

FWV520 is 2200W PMPO...60Watts each(60W*2)..eve a chip amp worth Rs.5000 can run these speakers well.I have assembled an amp for a guy who had Aiwa 5000Watts 5CD changer.

the Aiwa unit died.too costly and old to repair the Unit,he asked me to build an amp.I assembled a DIY mosfet amp for around Rs.8000.Aiwa speakers were 4way with 8" powered subwoofer.both works really well now

hey,thanx man i ll check it out with him......

I was just asking about the philips speakers just becuz i had them from a long time and i was not using it from a long time so i thought i would use it for something....

but the main system which i was talking about before...i m buying it....

i just had a doubt whether i could use those philips speakers for something like (For World space or playing an mp3 device).....

Please dont get confused between the first set which we were discussing before....

I just want to know if there is any DVD Player Which has a in built AMP for those Philips Speakers

2. Or What kind of AMP Should i use (i want to make the price minimal) for those speakers which are about 60RMS*2 and

what will happen if i use some local made Amp which i ll get for about Rs.1200.....

I dont want people to get confused as first i was talking about the main System which i was about to invest about 25k and

some1 from this forum has given me few details about dealers so i ll be back to that topic 1nce i have spoken to the dealer..

and the 60watts philips thing is a second set which i want a totally basic AMP....

and i would like to know if i used a wrong AMP or a cheap AMP for those 60watt philips Speakers.... will i be damaging the

Speaker System ?

Last edited:
hey,thanx man i ll check it out with him......

I was just asking about the philips speakers just becuz i had them from a long time and i was not using it from a long time so i thought i would use it for something....

but the main system which i was talking about before...i m buying it....

i just had a doubt whether i could use those philips speakers for something like (For World space or playing an mp3 device).....

Please dont get confused between the first set which we were discussing before....

I just want to know if there is any DVD Player Which has a in built AMP for those Philips Speakers

2. Or What kind of AMP Should i use (i want to make the price minimal) for those speakers which are about 60RMS*2 and

what will happen if i use some local made Amp which i ll get for about Rs.1200.....

I dont want people to get confused as first i was talking about the main System which i was about to invest about 25k and

some1 from this forum has given me few details about dealers so i ll be back to that topic 1nce i have spoken to the dealer..

and the 60watts philips thing is a second set which i want a totally basic AMP....

and i would like to know if i used a wrong AMP or a cheap AMP for those 60watt philips Speakers.... will i be damaging the

Speaker System ?

Hope any of these will be usefull..I think its better to spend on a dvd player
with built-in amp than a stand alone amp.they are cheap.I don't think anything is gonna get damaged

LG Portable DivX DVD Player | Stylish Stylish USB DVD Player | Dual Disc Playback with USB Plus

DIVX DVD Player MP4 Built In Amplifier gifts in india at rediff shopping.

DVD Players: prices, features, reviews,

hey,
thanx for the details , i have just called him up....

Although i dint ask him anything in detail he said to visit his place and has many models for demo, so he quickly suggested me a few models for my purpose of dancing and more of music :

Wharfedale - Model - Price - Watts(Rms)

Vardus.400 - 20,000 - 150 Watts
Diamond 9.5 - 30,000 - 150 Watts
Diamond.10.5 - 36,000 - 150 Watts
Diamond 9.6 - 40,000 - 200 Watts

Norge- 1000 gold Sterio 10,000

Yamaha -
AX497 5.1
Ax397 Sterio 15,000

Denon -
1610 5.1
PMA 510A Sterio 19,000/-

and by the way as you all told me i have changed my mind now i think a proper music system ll be always better.....

and my budget is around 32-40K for amps and speakers so please advice

the best model possible around that price range and is it OK to take a used

one ... cause i would lyk to spend about 32-38 K on the new 1 and about

10-15 K on a used 1..so that i can use it to replace my onkyo HT Front
speakers or i can use for music with the new 1...well the new model i ll be
buying has to be more 4 music and the used 1 can be 50 music ; 50 movies
and how about taking a Yamaha SS Series Or something else although i have

never auditioned any of these PRO Music listening audio equipment before, and i ll be visiting bangalore soon so you can tell me where i can go for auditioning these kind of systems & where i can Find a USED ONE....

dont go for Philips, it gives only loudness no use of that. :mad:
Since I purchased I used only upto level 10 even it has upto 33.

The other things you miss are no clarity for sound :sad:, lense is not much good.
I changed lense after 1.2 year.

Very slow response while playing.

firmware upgrade is not impressive. :eek:

put some more money and go for denon , onkyo or the best is BOSE:thumbsup:.

guys do some homework before selecting the model

Output need, formats playable, input and output connector options, clarity of sound not only trble and base but check cd, dvd and disk and pendrive playing response time.
time between switching the input and time for changing the song or movie or pictutre.

Just throwing it out there since you mentioned it will be used for dancing..

Pioneer RS32 costs around 36k in Reliance Digital
Pioneer RS42 costs around 45k...couldn't find it in the places i looked...

Both have a massive sub and plenty of bass. May not be the best but sounded good to me for a mini disco...

Hello guys, all of you are posting on a three year old thread..... wake up....

Before posting, don't only see the Date & month but also the year.....

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back