• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Philips HiFi Stereo Headphone SHP9000 for a steal

Audiolab 6000CDT Dedicated CD Transport

ValueChanakya

Philips HiFi Stereo Headphone SHP9000 available at a throwaway price.

Just bought them, excellent.

Pure high definition sound
Pure HiFi
The ultimate in high definition headphones delivering highly detailed sound image.
Specifically tuned speaker drivers react extremely precise to audio signals. Ultra-wide
frequency response.
The perfect listening experience
50mm speaker driver for sound without audible distortion
The whole ear is covered to optimize sound quality
High quality Linear Crystal Oxygen Free Copper cable
You'll forget you're wearing them!
Easy adjustable headband ensures optimum fit and comfort
Always ready to go
24k gold-plated plug ensures an ultra reliable connection
Single-sided cable reduces tangling and improves comfort
A 4m detachable cable for extended life & simplified storage
Unique detachable cable locking mechanism
Storage pouch included

Specification
Sound
Acoustic system: Open
Magnet type: Neodymium
Frequency response: 5 - 40 000 Hz
Impedance: 32 Ohm
Maximum power input: 1500 mW
Sensitivity: 106 dB
Speaker diameter: 50 mm

Connectivity
Cable Connection: One-sided
Cable length: 4 m
Detachable cable
Finishing of connector: 24k Gold-plated
Type of cable: LC-OFC

PS: I have no financial or other interest in the deal.

:yahoo:

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

sound and music

I have used them in the past and the sound quality is far superior to other models in the SHP series. But they need a lot of power so an amp is required to exploit their full potential.

I bought them for Rs.3000 from a dealer.

At Rs.1590, you can't get a better HP than this.

greenhorn

greendust has a rather lousy reputation. glad you didnt get burned!
Update: these are factory seconds. Wonder what could be wrong with them

Last edited:

Neeraj0272

Philips HiFi Stereo Headphone SHP9000 available at a throwaway price.

Just bought them, excellent. delivered in 4 days in Mumbai, unlike what it says there.

Philips HiFi Stereo Headphone SHP9000 - Buy Online @ GreenDust India

Pure high definition sound
Pure HiFi
The ultimate in high definition headphones delivering highly detailed sound image.
Specifically tuned speaker drivers react extremely precise to audio signals. Ultra-wide
frequency response.
The perfect listening experience
50mm speaker driver for sound without audible distortion
The whole ear is covered to optimize sound quality
High quality Linear Crystal Oxygen Free Copper cable
You'll forget you're wearing them!
Easy adjustable headband ensures optimum fit and comfort
Always ready to go
24k gold-plated plug ensures an ultra reliable connection
Single-sided cable reduces tangling and improves comfort
A 4m detachable cable for extended life & simplified storage
Unique detachable cable locking mechanism
Storage pouch included

Specification
Sound
Acoustic system: Open
Magnet type: Neodymium
Frequency response: 5 - 40 000 Hz
Impedance: 32 Ohm
Maximum power input: 1500 mW
Sensitivity: 106 dB
Speaker diameter: 50 mm

Connectivity
Cable Connection: One-sided
Cable length: 4 m
Detachable cable
Finishing of connector: 24k Gold-plated
Type of cable: LC-OFC

PS: I have no financial or other interest in the deal.

:yahoo:
Hi,
I just finished ordering this Cod.but now I realize that geendust mentions it as factory seconds.What was the condition of the piece delivered to you ?
I can live with slight cosmetic fault but I hope that it is in perfect working condition

Neeraj0272

I just received these headphones. Greendust was excellent. On saturday they sent an sms that delivery wil be late due to heavy demand but I received these headphones today in the morning. The Philips retail packing box was bubble wrapped then then a cardboard box was used for overall packing.
The retail box was not in sealed condition. The Philips sticker mentions that it was imported in June 2008 and MRP as Rs. 3,999. The retail packing box has yellowed due to age. The box contains a detachable cord, 1 3.5 to 6.3mm pin adapter and a storage pouch bag for the headphone.
The headphones seem brand new and show no sign of age or use. Even the protective plastic stickers on the headphones are in place. It seems that the unsold inventory is being cleared.
However the headband part of the headphones is loose fitting on my head. It seems to be a part of the design and not a defect. Other reviewers may share their experience regarding this. Also the top volume of the headphones seem low as one reviewer already mentioned. I will have to check whether at his level of volume these headphones can be used with ipod or mobiles to listen to music.
On appearance, build quality, detachable cord and the fact that a storage pouch is included suggest that these headphones are premium and indeed a steal at these prices.
I would update in a day or two regarding the volume level and the fitting of the headband. If these issues do not inconvenience me then I would definitely order another piece.

Neeraj0272

Final Conclusions:
1. The headphones are of excellent quality though they fall short of my older Philips headphones. A little lacking in bass but excellent in High frequencies.
2. A little short in top volume also. If only the volume could have gone up by 10%!!
3. Very over sized . You can listen to this at your home only. It would appear wierd in public places.
5. Loose - fitting . I am an adult and it fits very loose on my head so it would not work for kids or women.

All in all I would use it for late night TV viewing as the supplied cord is long enough or listening to music at home with an amp.

guls

Thanks for the post. I have a PHILIPS SHP1000 which is one of the better philips headphones. I ordered SHP9000 now as a backup.

greenhorn

I'm glad I bought a couple of SHP 805's back in 2006. Got em for 1.2k. Totally worth it :)

guls

I received mine but it had a small crack in it.Nothing that affects the functionality.

SPONSORED ADS

ValueChanakya

Sorry for replying late.

Factory seconds means company is clearing inventory, whether defective pieces or old models. There is no defect per se, but it is the old inventory being cleared.

Volume could do with amp support, works fine with Samsung S3 but could do with a bit higher volume. Quality is top notch, it feels lovely and fits without putting any pressure on your skull, despite being on the bigger side.

maniac_2004

good stuff .. got mine yesterday .. listening to it continuously .. :eek:hyeah: Now waiting for my odac to complete the headphone setup :clapping: Thanks for this reco valuechanakya

Last edited:

chayan

Got mine today.. had ordered on Saturday. Excellent packaging just like new. Some minor scratch..have to watch closely to notice.

Excellent sound so glad I took the deal.

SPONSORED ADS