philips ht 3569 - optical out to coaxial in - help needed

vint

philips ht 3569 - help needed

I auditioned one more philips brand today - 3569. The sound was really very impressive, and most importantly, for the first time....my wife was impressed as well....which is a big thing for me :D

Anyway, the problem is, it has only one digital input which is a coaxial in. The other 2 are aux audio in. I've a xbox 360 which I need to connect to the HT as well. The xbox 360 has only optical out. So how do I connect my xbox 360 to this HT ? This is the only thing thats keeping me from buying this HT setup. So please advise guys.

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Last edited:
Philips does not do optical only coaxial. What you will need will be an optical to coaxial converter/adapter.

BTW I did audition the Philips 3569 myself but was not impressed. Of course it was on a noisy, crowded floor in e-zone...

You cannot convert Opt to coax directly as xbox outputs digital signal encoded on optic ray.So you try to get special circuit for conversion.
check RSonline web.

Secondly if xbox is outoff warrenty,then ask technichian to bypass digital output before it reaches opticat circuit internaly & fix RCA output on Xbox body.

do you know if there's anything like that available in India ? Else I'll have to let this HT go :(

These are different technologies based on different physics. They cannot be combined. Similar to component vs. HDMI.

Usually AVRs with optical also have digital coax for5.1 audio. Check this on the Philips.

thanks moserw. I did some research on the web.

I should be getting something like this I guess, but where to find it in India is the q:

41B5S0dEDpL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

These are different technologies based on different physics. They cannot be combined. Similar to component vs. HDMI.

Usually AVRs with optical also have digital coax for5.1 audio. Check this on the Philips.

marsilians - Philips has output only for coaxial and no optical out. Apart from coaxial, HDMI is present. I have found this to be the case on both my Philips DVDP and even when buying a new DVDP I checked and found no optical digital out, only HDMI and coaxial digital out were present hence I went with Samsung since I wanted to use an optical digital cable. The sales guy told me that Philips products do not have optical out for audio, only coaxial. I don't know how true this is and I have only checked the same on Philips DVDP (and found it to be true), but have not checked other Philips products. Other members with Philips HTIB should be able to help us out here.

thanks moserw. I did some research on the web.

I should be getting something like this I guess, but where to find it in India is the q:

41B5S0dEDpL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

vint - We ordered something like this from Amazon for a friend a while back. The company was Cables To Go and it works fine. Not sure though if such stuff will be available here, I am sure though not many would have heard about it in Hyderabad and the sales guys will have a blank look on such queries...

thanks moserw. I pmed madbullram, lets see if he responds :)

does amazon us, ship this to India ? Did you pay any custom duties ?

thanks moserw. I pmed madbullram, lets see if he responds :)

does amazon us, ship this to India ? Did you pay any custom duties ?

Amazon does ship to India, but shipping charges are high. Not sure if such products are shipped though. Actually we ordered it to my sister in CA who then brought it when she came to India.

Wait till you hear from madbullram first though. In the meantime I am sure you can mail Amazon any queries and they should reply back with details about shipping costs to India and if such products are shipped. I am sure they would be shipped, just not sure on the shipping costs.

Hi. The coaxial to optical converter is available in Mumbai. Made by the well known MX people. It costs about Rs. 900. MRP around 1.2k I guess.

BTW amazon used to ship only DVDs/ books etc. to India. They did not ship electronic items to India. Check their website for any update/ change.

Hi Vint,

Sorry I thought this was not possible earlier without checking sufficiently. My apologies.

Re: shipping to Amazon. I was only able to get CDs/DVDs and books but not most other items including electronics. This I have first hand experience with :)

Hi Vint,

Sorry I thought this was not possible earlier without checking sufficiently. My apologies.

Re: shipping to Amazon. I was only able to get CDs/DVDs and books but not most other items including electronics. This I have first hand experience with :)

no problem friend :)

yeah, amazon doesn't even ship video games to India, let alone electronics. Guess will have to get it from someone here in mumbai or someone returning from US.

Looks like I can go ahead with this purchase - :p

Tx spirovious for pointing out.

Tx reju for the update. Any website/contact info for MX?

Coming to Amazon, thanks for the update. I have only ordered books to India. Rest of electronic goods have always been to my family/relatives/friends in the U.S. who bring it in when they come. Was not aware they did not ship electronic goods, etc. to India. Thanks for the info guys.

no problem friend :)

yeah, amazon doesn't even ship video games to India, let alone electronics. Guess will have to get it from someone here in mumbai or someone returning from US.

Looks like I can go ahead with this purchase - :p

....Ummmm not yet. As spiro mentioned, you need one that does opposite of the one in the pic.

Just saw the thread. Wish you had postyed this 2 weeks back would have got one for you from US. I just got it and have connected this to my WD TV and my Philips 4750 and Iron Man in DTS ROCKS!!! in my HTiB.

I will check with MX and get back to you mate.

Just saw the thread. Wish you had postyed this 2 weeks back would have got one for you from US. I just got it and have connected this to my WD TV and my Philips 4750 and Iron Man in DTS ROCKS!!! in my HTiB.

I will check with MX and get back to you mate.

thanks buddy, one more doubt - can coaxial carry 5.1 sound ?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back