Philips India Audio Equipment Quality.

deba

Dear All,

Few days back purchased a Philips Audio System but the unit malfunctioned within few days of purchasing and go it replaced from Philips which again is malfunctioning. The same happened to one of my friend who purchased a Philips HTIB few months back.

It seems that it takes only few days of operation to make a Philips Product to malfunction.Are they having a very poor quality control in China.

yes Deba, even I have had bitter experience with Philips audio systems. Have owned in the past two CD/Tuner/Tape Players and my wife a Boombox and all of them conked off just after the expiry of their warranty periods. Their service is equally pathetic and the Philips dealer just washed his hands-off citing non-availability of spares in a city like Mumbai. Subseqently I purchased a Sony system which is working perfectly fine even after five years without any servicing. A word of caution to all - STAY AWAY FROM PHILIPS AUDIO SYSTEMS.

Have been using Philips all my life and have absolutely loved it, be it the PowerHouse or my latest HTiB 4750. MY experience has been amazing product but the Service Quality and customer care sucks.

my parents have a Philips HTIB (i've forgotten the model number) which is pretty good. Good performance for the money and it works well.

Have been using Philips all my life and have absolutely loved it, be it the PowerHouse or my latest HTiB 4750. MY experience has been amazing product but the Service Quality and customer care sucks.
Same here. I was fan of Philips and prior to upgrading to Panasonic PV8, all my TV purchases were Philips, last one a 29" CRT is still working in one room. In audio, started from their HQ International tuner amp with turntable and now enjoying 4750 to my fullest satisfaction. I admired simplicity of operation, good color and PQ and ruggedness of TVs, and great sound (but unfortunately not so great build quality) of audio systems of Philips.
It is sad that Philips, in case of consumer electronics was working half heartedly for last more than a decade despite responsible for many great invention in audio video either jointly or at it's own. And now it has been officially declared that they have decided to hive off their consumer electronics business to Videocon.
I am very skeptical whether Vedeocon will be able to carry forward the brand image and legacy of Philips. Toshiba, Sansui, Kenstar, all under Videocon do not carry a very good brand image in India.
I am really sad for Philips.

yes Deba, even I have had bitter experience with Philips audio systems. Have owned in the past two CD/Tuner/Tape Players and my wife a Boombox and all of them conked off just after the expiry of their warranty periods. Their service is equally pathetic and the Philips dealer just washed his hands-off citing non-availability of spares in a city like Mumbai. Subseqently I purchased a Sony system which is working perfectly fine even after five years without any servicing. A word of caution to all - STAY AWAY FROM PHILIPS AUDIO SYSTEMS.

My sister recently bought a Philips DVD music system @ 13k (what a waste:mad:). There are n number of features in the system like USB input, Karaoke function, FM etc etc but lacks bigtime in the sound department. Every time i listen to the system, I end up having a headache and ear fatigue.
There were times when Philips powerhouse used to rock!! but not anymore.......

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back