photos of HT screen

kaushik

Almost everyone has a good camera but taking photos in true glory is real challenge /ART
So far i cound not take real like pics of chronograph watch because it was shiny .. thatz ok

But my HT room deserved a few good shots .... down the line after few years i can smile looking at these.

Want to learn photographing HT screen with movie playback going on ..

we face these issues :

- the pics get blurry
- does not capture the size factor

so photography experts here enlighten us with the tricks so that i can capture the giant size ,
sharpness of picture should be captured as in reality

What camera do you have . because a lot is dependent on that as well.
Most P&S cameras suffer in low light situations as well as with moving objects

Anyway you can try this .

1. Set the ISO high 400 to 800 or even higher. However this will introduce noise
2, Play around with the Aperture settings at a high ISO to get it right.

some PS OLYMPUS camera ... dont say buy SLR ,
if we can do with special tricks ? ! will be good ..else drop it

Almost everyone has a good camera but taking photos in true glory is real challenge /ART
So far i cound not take real like pics of chronograph watch because it was shiny .. thatz ok

But my HT room deserved a few good shots .... down the line after few years i can smile looking at these.

Want to learn photographing HT screen with movie playback going on ..

we face these issues :

- the pics get blurry
- does not capture the size factor

so photography experts here enlighten us with the tricks so that i can capture the giant size ,
sharpness of picture should be captured as in reality

pause the movie on the screen :)

set the ISO high else in numbers say 400. else p & s suffer quality loss above this ISO due to smaller sensor.

set the camera on the table top and set the shutter to slow if option available if advanced then say 1/10 . this will make sure light gets more time to reach the sensor.

if aperture setting available then set it to max.. say 2.8 or a bit more than that. if all these are getting difficult. then set the camera to firework or night mode set the timer to say 2 seconds and leave it on the table and it will do the trick for you in low light.

you need to keep camera stable.
So pause the movie
turn the fans off
keep camera on a tabletop or tripod
Use timer or remote to click.

All these will ensure that you do not shake the camera. So longer exposures are possible even in lower light.

Aperture - I assume, if you open too wide (lower number), chances of your subject getting out of focus increase even if there is a slight movement of camera, due to shallow DoF http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field

Last edited:
kaushik, Anant has summed it up well. Essentially, you have to keep camera steady for a long exposure shot( slow shutter speed). Tripod(or keeping cam on level surface), setting timer etc will help.
Does your cam have aperture/shutter control? Also your lens may not be wide enough to capture the expanse of the screen at close quarters in your HT room.

thanks all ...
that was real informative , let me grab the camera next time at home and try few shot with long exposure

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back