Picking a Plasma: Panasonic TH-P50ST50D or Samsung PS51E8000

They will for sure ... give the reference of vishal ... n try ur luk

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I have decided to wait for the panasonic ST and GT to be readily available across many dealers. May be by mid december I will buy (probably GT50)

I have decided to wait for the panasonic ST and GT to be readily available across many dealers. May be by mid december I will buy (probably GT50)

but if you are getting a good deal with tab offer , why wait for gt50 ?
i thought pq of both sets are almost same .

Yeah. You can get it for as low as 80k plus the tab atleast worth 15k. And from my experience I haven't had any IR or banding problems which I've read is more common in Panasonics. Also its not like we will always be watching Bluray movies where the GT might show its black levels and bit better quality but in all other content the e8000 is almost/exactly as good.

I found it so good that I still haven't tried to calibrate or run any slides. Using the Movie mode and some advanced options like noise filter etc off. Watch a lot of NDTV and some movies in 720p that give black bars on top but have yet to see image retention problems. I know a lot depends on the panel and I am just lucky(till now) to get a good one.

Yeah. You can get it for as low as 80k plus the tab atleast worth 15k. And from my experience I haven't had any IR or banding problems which I've read is more common in Panasonics. Also its not like we will always be watching Bluray movies where the GT might show its black levels and bit better quality but in all other content the e8000 is almost/exactly as good.

I found it so good that I still haven't tried to calibrate or run any slides. Using the Movie mode and some advanced options like noise filter etc off. Watch a lot of NDTV and some movies in 720p that give black bars on top but have yet to see image retention problems. I know a lot depends on the panel and I am just lucky(till now) to get a good one.

thats good .
do you hear any buzzing noise ? on amazon a lot of people complianed about it . but maybe this is not present in tvs assembled in india :)

Off topic:

Read in yesterdays newspaper , Deccan herald.

Pana is waylaying 10k workers in Japan to shore up their figures and get

some profitability. also, they r selling some downtown Tokyo properties

to get monies.

But these workers are not their electronic division people.

Methinks Pana and other Jappo companies like Sony, Sharp are just after $.

So these are ignoring emerging mkts,

Hence SAMS and LG are not only becoming a major player but now also

making inroads in developed mkts.

The same technique used by Japanese companies to dislodge and enter

US long time back.

Off topic:

Read in yesterdays newspaper , Deccan herald.

Pana is waylaying 10k workers in Japan to shore up their figures and get

some profitability. also, they r selling some downtown Tokyo properties

to get monies.

But these workers are not their electronic division people.

Methinks Pana and other Jappo companies like Sony, Sharp are just after $.

So these are ignoring emerging mkts,

Hence SAMS and LG are not only becoming a major player but now also

making inroads in developed mkts.

The same technique used by Japanese companies to dislodge and enter

US long time back.

Well everyone are here for dollars and hope sammy and LG are not doing any social service by giving lot of freebees and price cuts.
Manufacturing cost in japan is very high.So companies are setting up their manufacturing plants in china.
Sammy and LG have the manufacturing plants right here in India.
Yesterday I was surprised to see 4 stars given tp 8000 series sammy plasma by whathifi.

Ok. So yesterday i almost finalised samsung for 81k with the tab offer. I went to kohinoor in the evening and all the showroom lights were on so made the plasma look really dull which was enough to convince my dad and bro not to go for samsung. I tried to convince that we will never have so many lights on at the same time in our home. Also samsung offers extended 2 yrs warranty for 16.5k which makes the final price to be 97.5 k which is fairly similar to panasonic ST50's price. So have finally decided to wait for the panasonic ST or GT which according to the dealer will be available in december.
One more thing, the shipment from panasonic, is it delayed due to some reason as i am also looking to buy air conditioners and a couple of dealers say that 3 star acs are out of stock (not sure on this).

Ok. So yesterday i almost finalised samsung for 81k with the tab offer. I went to kohinoor in the evening and all the showroom lights were on so made the plasma look really dull which was enough to convince my dad and bro not to go for samsung. I tried to convince that we will never have so many lights on at the same time in our home. Also samsung offers extended 2 yrs warranty for 16.5k which makes the final price to be 97.5 k which is fairly similar to panasonic ST50's price. So have finally decided to wait for the panasonic ST or GT which according to the dealer will be available in december.
One more thing, the shipment from panasonic, is it delayed due to some reason as i am also looking to buy air conditioners and a couple of dealers say that 3 star acs are out of stock (not sure on this).
Your dad and brother should see a plasma installed at home. That alone will convince them. That said, people do like the saturated colours of LED.

After you properly calibrate it, it will blow you away with its picture quality and is plenty bright !! E8000 plasma is one of the best rated tv's in the world only second to VT50, dont get bogged down by what you see in showroom !!!

Was there any store in Hyderabad with similar 81 K offer for Sammy ?

51e8000 is available at some samsung showrooms in delhi but they wont sell anything less than 95k. i had a tight bargain with them.

51e8000 is available at some samsung showrooms in delhi but they wont sell anything less than 95k. i had a tight bargain with them.

Very true. I'll wait for few more days, hopefully multi brand stores will get it before 30th. But which store has the stock in Delhi?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just wanted to update this thread. Samsung never came through with the 8000. I had placed an order simultaneously with Panasonic for the ST50 in December but they were being extremely non committal about delivery.

Anyway, long story short, I got in touch with Panasonic in mid-december and escalated the issue to the CEO and I got the ST50 delivered on Jan 3rd for 96K with Four 3D glasses. The month of import is December 2012 and the month of manufacture is November, 2012.

Just finished about 150 hours of break in (D-Nice slides) and now enjoying the setup.

Here's a picture of the setup:
IMG_0785.jpg

Thanks for all the advice & help.

Cheers,
V

Last edited:
Congratulations, vcash. You have got a real bargain, TV for 96k and 2 extra pairs of glasses. I assume that this is a 50" model.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Congratulations, vcash. You have got a real bargain, TV for 96k and 2 extra pairs of glasses. I assume that this is a 50" model.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! It is indeed the 50" model. Two glasses were in the box and they gave me two more (Active?). Initially they were not willing to go below 1L, but getting Panasonic involved directly seemed to help.

Panasonic plasma uses active 3D. You received 2 extra glasses - that is a bonus.

Okay - the reason for the confusion was that the ones that shipped with the TV seemed thinner and of relatively poorer build quality compared to the ones that were given extra - The supplemental pair also had USB quick charging IIRC.

Okay - the reason for the confusion was that the ones that shipped with the TV seemed thinner and of relatively poorer build quality compared to the ones that were given extra - The supplemental pair also had USB quick charging IIRC.

Nicely blended setup Vcash. What is your audio setup?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back