Picking a Plasma: Panasonic TH-P50ST50D or Samsung PS51E8000

Pioneer kuro was(and still is) a reference plasma.After Panasonic bought the Pioneer plasma manufacturing unit, it is very much possible that the kuro engineers expertise would have been put into the panasonic plasmas.Without going into the particulars and actual demos, I would still pick a Panny st50 for PQ even if it is a bit costlier.Atleast in this way I would have peace of mind that I did not compromise on PQ.
But if there is a chance to demo e8000, one should do it.I was hugely impressed by a sammy plasma that I saw 4 years ago.

Assuming Panasonic has the full Kuro technology, they well not bring any TV immediately to match the old Kuro. Otherwise they will not have anything to improve upon year over year.

But let us get past the Kuro obsession now. It was the best at that time and maybe still is. But what is the point now over discussing it again and again? The king is dead, long love the new king.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

For a detailed explanation do your own research don't expect it to be spoon fed to you.

I do my research hence i don't post one liners like you, spoon fed?:lol: it is good entertainment when people post replies which are not in anyways relevant to the actual post.

@OP, sorry about the OT.

Assuming Panasonic has the full Kuro technology, they well not bring any TV immediately to match the old Kuro. Otherwise they will not have anything to improve upon year over year.

But let us get past the Kuro obsession now. It was the best at that time and maybe still is. But what is the point now over discussing it again and again? The king is dead, long love the new king.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Well....Once a king is always a king.Anyways, kuro 1080p version was never released according to my knowledge.Full hd is a different ballgame.
But as a new 50st50 owner I still cannot stop myself from thinking that some goodness of kuro went into st50!:yahoo:

@cyberraj, would you be able to share the extended warranty document? When I spoke to Samsung customer support about a week back CS exec said they dont have extended warranty on plasma's.

Here it is ....

Attachments

• Samsung Warranty.jpg
    Samsung Warranty.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 81
Ok i am also confused between samsung ps51e8000, pana 50st50 and even gt50. Where can i see samsung in mumbai suburbs, checked with sonymony, vijay sales sv road, none has it on display? Also what wouldnbe a reasonable price for samsung.
My heart says gt50 but is worth ?

My heart says gt50 but is worth ?

If your heart says that then you should be bothered if it is worth or not, just go ahead and buy it and i am sure you wont be disappointed.

I would say any one who buys the ST50,GT50,VT50 or E6500,7000,8000 will not be disappointed, choosing one over the other has to based on the personal preference as each of this televisions have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Buy the 50" GT50 and post some pictures of the television in action.:)

I have the 50gt50 and the picture quality is great especially for 1080p sources. I had planned to buy the 65st50 and was waiting for the same for the last 6 months however due to its unavailability chose the 50 incher gt50.

Well I started with gt50, then changed to hx850 and finally bought e8000 and am very happy with it. Couldn't demo gt50 so can't comment on it but you will not be disappointed with e8000.

Hey cyberraj,

Can you upload a higher res pic? I can't read anything in that one :p

Same here... I could read as Extended Warranty and next line has "Annual Maintenance Contract" covering labor and spare parts. It would be great if you could confirm if this covers the Panel as well.

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Thinking of postponing my buying decision.

not in town for abt 2 months.

so afford to wait. Will this delay help me in any way

Any advantage with Diwali offers. With the way eco is going in an elect yr the companies

would req whole year offers just to sell their wares.

new Tv can also come up on the shell.

Advice

Same here... I could read as Extended Warranty and next line has "Annual Maintenance Contract" covering labor and spare parts. It would be great if you could confirm if this covers the Panel as well.

Thanks!

Panel is covered for sure ...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Samy 8000 is not avble at some stores,

quotes are as already discussed in these threads 95-96k.

Now Pranay is quotinge 87k direct from sam camp but without finance option

delivered thro a retailer, but want finance for now.

thinkin of delaying 2 months as not avble in town.

dont know if these offers are any good and will stay after diwali

tab useless for me, bd play is better.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back